33 rushing yards, 10 by running backs

cymatica

Reaction score
Prosis 3 carries 9 yds, michael 5 carries 1 yd.

It can't be all on the o-line or can it? Are the formations and plays just too predictable. Do we need more jumbo sets, unbalanced line, or maybe more pass plays disguised as run looks? This is ridiculous

Oh yeah, time of possession 40 to 20

Ozzy

Reaction score
It's not on the backs.

vin.couve12

Reaction score
We have to put emphasis on it and that's just that. We've been really focused on a lot of motion and misdirection in the passing game even with a hobbled QB.

It's pure coaching. There has to be a point to do it and we've just gone away from it.

vin.couve12

Reaction score
I don't know if that's clear enough: You can take Rawls, Michael, and Prosise away and you still have to do it.

You gotta do it, man. Even if we only had just Collins. Sign somebody.....somethin'.

It's pure coaching.

getnasty

Reaction score
I didn't see a ton of yards left out there by the RB'S. OL has traditionally been poor at pass protection but solid at run blocking, this year they've been bad at both.

OP
OP
cymatica

cymatica

Reaction score
Is it just the o-line though, or is it lack of creativety in play design? Just seems like the other team pins their ears back and rush straight to the rb, almost never being caught off guard or guessing wrong.

Is it just the zone blocking scheme not working?

Rob12

Reaction score
Eight carries tells you all you need to know about how the coaches see our running backs and the OL's ability to run block.

We're only going as far as RW's right arm takes us.

tmobilchawker79

Reaction score
I don't think it's accurate to say that the online is bad at both run and pass blocking.

I think Pete mentioned in his pressers that Seattle is a top 10 pass blocking unit.

They gave up a sack or two tonight to one of the best defensive front in the NFL.

erik2690

Reaction score
CHawkTailGator":1uvb37ga said:
I don't think it's accurate to say that the online is bad at both run and pass blocking.

I think Pete mentioned in his pressers that Seattle is a top 10 pass blocking unit.

They gave up a sack or two tonight to one of the best defensive front in the NFL.

Maybe they are top 10, I can't say. But I don't like sacks as the measurement. It can be part of the measurement, but other factors should be looked at. RW has dropped his "time to throw" by a fairly substantial margin this year. As a result we've had less sacks and less deep shot plays in many games. I'm not outright disagreeing that we are better pass blocking, but it needs to be more evidence than just 'fewer sacks'.

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
RW used to mask our OL's ineptitude with his legs. Now he does it with a quicker release, but don't tell that to Wilson bashers and cart-before-the-horse OL apologists.

Sent from my SC-02H using Tapatalk

scutterhawk

Reaction score
cymatica":lloxo0yr said:
Prosis 3 carries 9 yds, michael 5 carries 1 yd.

It can't be all on the o-line or can it? Are the formations and plays just too predictable. Do we need more jumbo sets, unbalanced line, or maybe more pass plays disguised as run looks? This is ridiculous

Oh yeah, time of possession 40 to 20
We should what..... play to the opponent's prepared expectations?

Overseasfan

Reaction score
This is the most glaring problem we have right now. The passing attack is back, the defense was solid even without Bennett and Kam but the ground attack is gone.

Is it on the backs? On the line? On Bevell? On Wilson? Could be anything or everything.

HawkAroundTheClock

Reaction score
I listened to Raible & Moon. Can someone who watched, or someone who has the ability to go back and watch, tell us how the Bills lined up? How many players did they put in the box?

If they were consistently positioning 7 or 8 guys near the LOS, then Pete and Bev likely schemed to take what the defense was giving us. Raible mentioned that Russell kept picking on a certain CB. Perhaps they identified that guy, and the d-backs in general, as Buffalo's weakness.

If the Bills were stuffing the run from their base D and backers were just playing gap-sound defense, then kudos to them. I would have thought with 2 DTs inactive they might struggle against the run, but Rex has been around a while and can dial up a solid defensive gameplan when he needs it.