Seahawks Have No Shot

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
This is the message I hope the team has been seeing and reading about all week long. I hope that message is plastered all over their locker room tomorrow night. Although I stand by my prediction that this is likely a loss, I certainly do not prescribe to the idea that they have no shot. Of course they do. In fact, this team seems to come together, especially under the bright lights, when they are in the underdog role. And it's been a long time since they have been the clear underdogs with most not giving them a shot to win.

That collective chip on the shoulder has waned in recent years because of success. It's time to bring it out again and play with it. If you do?

You have a really good shot.

mort

Reaction score
I feel the same way but wonder if we've taken those guys you want with you at a street fight and turned them into gentlemen.
....Prolly still the gentlemen you want should said street fight break out.. but you know what I mean.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bobblehead

Reaction score
I think you only have that edge for a while and then it becomes routine.

Patriots have that routine, they seem to always play at that high level without a grudge or chips on their shoulders. It's how I'd like to see the Hawks play year in and year out.

mort

Reaction score
Very good point

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bigpumpkin

Reaction score
Bobblehead":1npuubzh said:
I think you only have that edge for a while and then it becomes routine.

Patriots have that routine, they seem to always play at that high level without a grudge or chips on their shoulders. It's how I'd like to see the Hawks play year in and year out.

Don't we all wish that! I'm curious to see which Hawks team will show up tomorrow night.

hawks85

Reaction score
FlyingGreg":3tq6jk8g said:
We have literally been in EVERY game played in the Russell Wilson era.

Every. Single. One.

We have a shot...but need a lot of magic.
and a friggin run game.

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
We're missing Bennett, and nobody has even adequately filled in. Woulda thunk he made THAT much of a difference in the run game. I s'pose that's where the intangibles like his field general role comes into play.

Sent from my SC-02H using Tapatalk

Smellyman

Reaction score
They have a shot because any given Sunday.

This is the least confident I have ever been about a Seahawk game in years though.

A win would be all the more sweeter.....for many reasons.

Largent80

Reaction score
HawKnPeppa":b4nhou5z said:
We're missing Bennett, and nobody has even adequately filled in. Woulda thunk he made THAT much of a difference in the run game. I s'pose that's where the intangibles like his field general role comes into play.

We get KAM back for this game and he is good vs. the run. I thought Moore played pretty well with just 2 practices.

EVERY team is beatable, and I see the Hawks pulling it off.

A

Anonymous

CMC Greg is absolutely correct, folks. Russ has always been the catalyst for keeping games within reach right up until the waning moments. Too much revolves around officiating and good fortune for me to be optimistic though.

One thing is certain: This game will single-handedly turn around the NFL's bleak ratings around, based purely on all the Vegas action I'm seeing being reported.

My soon-to-be-ex, Texans-fan landlord, has a thousand duckets bet on this one. Not sure what his play is, he wouldn't say. Most likely points-based, as he didn't say we needed to lose.

Anything can happen at this point, and that worries me.

Sign37now

Reaction score
HawKnPeppa":39ue1ehi said:

I'm confused..?? How does Bennett affect our run game? He's on the defense.

Largent80

Reaction score
HoustonHawk82":1u8b90f0 said:
CMC Greg is absolutely correct, folks. Russ has always been the catalyst for keeping games within reach right up until the waning moments. Too much revolves around officiating and good fortune for me to be optimistic though.

One thing is certain: This game will single-handedly turn around the NFL's bleak ratings around, based purely on all the Vegas action I'm seeing being reported.

My soon-to-be-ex, Texans-fan landlord, has a thousand duckets bet on this one. Not sure what his play is, he wouldn't say. Most likely points-based, as he didn't say we needed to lose.

It's already 71/2 to nothing Seahawks !!!!!!!!!!!!!

A

Anonymous

Largent80":127grq54 said:
HoustonHawk82":127grq54 said:

It's already 71/2 to nothing Seahawks !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Exactly.

:snack:

Timmahawk

Reaction score
I know it's the Patriots, and this Hawks team is different than years past....but the Hawks have lost something like 2 games by more than 8 points in the last 5 years. 7.5 seems like a lot, and I'm always leery of lines that move as I think the public is wrong more than right. I feel good about a close game, and then it comes down to a handful of plays at the end.

Lords of Scythia

Reaction score
Just keep it within a touchdown, the give the ball to Wilson late in the fourth quarter. We got a damn shot.

GO HAWKS!

LeftHandSmoke

Reaction score
Lords of Scythia":13ymke71 said:
Just keep it within a touchdown, the give the ball to Wilson late in the fourth quarter. We got a damn shot.

GO HAWKS!
Winner!

nanomoz

Reaction score
They're not throwing away their shot.

[youtube]PEHKBckBcr4[/youtube]