Carolina just IR'd their Starting Center

OP
OP
Largent80

Largent80

Reaction score
Not only that but their starting LT is also IR'd and their starting RT sprained his knee.

djb28

Reaction score
I was gonna like this but realized I wasn't on Facebook! That is good news!

kidhawk

Reaction score
Putting both your starting and backup center on IR, you ALMOST have to feel sorry for them. Hopefully we'll get to see some timely Wagner middle blitzes this week and some big run stops from Reed and co.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
kidhawk":3qlp5k4b said:
Putting both your starting and backup center on IR, you ALMOST have to feel sorry for them. Hopefully we'll get to see some timely Wagner middle blitzes this week and some big run stops from Reed and co.

If Bennett is back they may give Cam all he can handle just rushing 4.

OP
OP
Largent80

Largent80

Reaction score
LOL, they picked up Ryan Wendell former Pat who played against us in XLIX. He hasn't played for a year. We are gonna feast on this line.

kidhawk

Reaction score
JSeahawks":1xxo2xtc said:
Can we trade them Joey Hunt for a bag of cheetos if we throw in a 3rd round pick too?

We could outright free hunt and probably not get any takers. Could you imagine Wagner blitzing past Hunt?

OP
OP
Largent80

Largent80

Reaction score
Don't be so hard on Hunt. He started his first game against a team considering that game a superbowl. He wasn't the only lineman to suck. At least he had an excuse, the rest of them...Hey Glowinski...you are a 2nd year man, why do you STINK?

Marlin Man

Reaction score
They are probably still putting an O Line on the field better than the shitstorm we call our O line. They are also licking thier chops about eating our line allll up, don't ya think??????

sutz

Reaction score
kidhawk":2ge38hh6 said:
JSeahawks":2ge38hh6 said:
Can we trade them Joey Hunt for a bag of cheetos if we throw in a 3rd round pick too?

We could outright free hunt and probably not get any takers. Could you imagine Wagner blitzing past Hunt?
Trade deadline is long past anyway. Personally, I'd like to see Hunt get a couple years in the system before we flat out dump him, if we can. O-linemen in general, and centers especially take some time to work into the system, usually. I'd certainly like him to spend that time as a backup, though. ;)

LeftHandSmoke

Reaction score
Marlin Man":v21txm0r said:
They are probably still putting an O Line on the field better than the shitstorm we call our O line. They are also licking thier chops about eating our line allll up, don't ya think??????
+1, that could be well argued

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
And it sounds like there is a real chance that Luke K. misses the game on Sunday. I would not be sad about that, rest up another week, you can never be careful :mrgreen:

OP
OP
Largent80

Largent80

Reaction score
Britt will be back this week. Hopefully they don't do the carousel at RT. Just pick a guy and put him in there for Gawds sake. This isn't the time of year to be experimenting with continuity.

Seahawk_Dan

Reaction score
Largent80":1jqc2ase said:
Britt will be back this week. Hopefully they don't do the carousel at RT. Just pick a guy and put him in there for Gawds sake. This isn't the time of year to be experimenting with continuity.

If we're going full retard on the line, and we know Sowell and Gilliam aren't the answer, just put Odhiambo in for giggles. Might as well see what we fully got in him.

Ozzy

Reaction score
My guess is they see if last week was a fluke and if the Tackles play just as bad again we will see him in the very near future.

LeftHandSmoke

Reaction score
Plugging Rees in would put the OL at basically FOUR ROOKIES.

Yikes, let's hope that it doesn't have to come down to that.

OP
OP
Largent80

Largent80

Reaction score
This thread is about Carolina's starting line. Not Ours.

There are numerous threads about ours. My response was to what Marlin Man posted.

LeftHandSmoke

Reaction score
Largent80":xrhpdns6 said:
This thread is about Carolina's starting line. Not Ours.

There are numerous threads about ours. My response was to what Marlin Man posted.
Does that allow talking about our D line? Have been wondering how much impact Bennet will have, he may need to be eased in.