Interesting little tidbit in NFL rankings

kidhawk

Reaction score
[urltargetblank]http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000752405/article/nfl-power-rankings-week-14-ravens-steelers-storm-top-10[/urltargetblank]

I like to read these, but don't really put any stock in them, but I saw numbers 3 - 6 and (minus San Diego) it's the old AFC West, in order. I found it oddly interesting.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
As much fun as it was having that little rivalry with the Niners for a while, I REALLY miss being in the AFC West.

Nothing beat the Raiders or Donkos coming to town for an AFC West showdown, with everyone wearing their Bronco or Raider buster t-shirts.

OP
OP
kidhawk

kidhawk

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":3r6ns80b said:
As much fun as it was having that little rivalry with the Niners for a while, I REALLY miss being in the AFC West.

Nothing beat the Raiders or Donkos coming to town for an AFC West showdown, with everyone wearing their Bronco or Raider buster t-shirts.

So, I'm not the only one that actively roots for an "old" AFC West Super Bowl? I really enjoyed our last AFC west rematch in 48, and would love to see another this year, and would like it to be the Raiders and the Chiefs. I'd be ecstatic if we had 4 super bowl victories in my lifetime and each of them came at the expense of a different AFC West opponent

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Not the only one, no.

Broncos-Raiders-Chiefs specifically were such bigger rivals than this NFC West. I half cared about games with the 9ers for awhile, but realized that was only with Harbaugh.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
kidhawk":1tb1973q said:
Sgt. Largent":1tb1973q said:

So, I'm not the only one that actively roots for an "old" AFC West Super Bowl? I really enjoyed our last AFC west rematch in 48, and would love to see another this year, and would like it to be the Raiders and the Chiefs. I'd be ecstatic if we had 4 super bowl victories in my lifetime and each of them came at the expense of a different AFC West opponent

Hell yeah, I'd love to see the Raiders or Broncos over any other AFC team.

Selfishly IMO those are also better matchups for us, Raiders have a terrible defense.

LeftHandSmoke

Reaction score
Amazing stat

---
@FieldGulls
Since 2012, NE has allowed 2nd-fewest points. 302 pts separate them from 21st-fewest pts allowed. Seahawks have allowed 303 pts LESS than NE
---

Hawks46

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":2e9kw6ah said:

People outside the division didn't understand...every game was literally a dog fight. It didn't matter how crappy a team was, or how good they were, a division game was a brutal slugfest that anyone could win.

The NFC West has been weird. It's typically dominated by one really good team. When we came to the division it was the Rams, then us, then AZ peaked for a year or two, then the Niners for a few years, then us with AZ having one good year.

djb28

Reaction score
When I play Madden I always pick an old AFC foe. #IliveInthePast