PFF Grades - Rams @ Seahawks

NFSeahawks

Reaction score
LINK

Seattle Seahawks 24, Los Angeles Rams 3

Here are the top-graded players and biggest takeaways from Seattle’s 24-3 win over the Rams in Week 15:

Seattle Seahawks

Quarterback grade: Russell Wilson, 71.0

Even in win, Wilson still misses more throws than usual

Wilson’s stat line may look night and day from last Sunday, but the improvement was far less significant than that. The Seahawks quarterback still missed a more throws than we’re used to seeing. The fourth down underthrow to Marcel Reece would have been a far larger deal had he not gotten bailed out by a penalty, and his interception – albeit in garbage time – was a complete head-scratcher. In the end, Wilson still finished with an adjusted completion percentage of 82.6.

Top offensive grades:

WR Tyler Lockett, 78.6

TE Jimmy Graham, 74.5

RB Thomas Rawls, 71.0

WR Doug Baldwin, 68.9

C Justin Britt, 60.8

Run-blocking is non-existent

As is almost always the case when these two teams meet, the Seattle offensive line was manhandled. On 22 carries, running back Thomas Rawls gained a total of -10 yards before contact. That is not a typo. It was as dominantly as we’ve seen a defensive line move the line of scrimmage all season long. Rawls had to average 1.9 yards after contact per attempt to get to a measly 1.5 yards per carry. Thankfully, that’s the last Seattle will be seeing of the Rams defensive line this season.

Top defensive grades:

DE Michael Bennett, 86.6

LB Bobby Wagner, 83.3

CB DeShawn Shead, 82.4

S Kam Chancellor, 81.7

CB Jeremy Lane, 80.5

Defense bounces back on short rest

Just four days after giving up 38 points to the Packers, the Seattle defense looked much better against Los Angeles. The Seattle defensive ends had a field day, with the four players combining for 13 pressures, including five sacks. Thursday night was Michael Bennett’s highest pass-rushing grade of this season, and Cliff Avril’s best pass-rushing game since Week 9. However, three missed tackles in the run game and an offsides penalty brought down his overall grade. It was a little bit of a down night for Richard Sherman compared to his typical level of play. He gave up two first downs on crossing routes in man coverage and was called for a defensive holding penalty.

Los Angeles Rams

Quarterback grade: Jared Goff, 67.1

Jared Goff and the rest of the Rams’ offense had their work cut out for them going up against a good Seattle defense on a short week and just days after firing former head coach Jeff Fisher. That said, it wasn’t a great night for Goff. He didn’t turn the ball over at all, but he had issues with accuracy on several occasions, including missing on what should have been a wide-open touchdown, and didn’t handle pressure well. On 13 dropbacks under pressure, he completed just two passes for 19 total yards and was sacked five times.

Top Offensive grades:

C Tim Barnes, 79.7

LG Rodger Saffold, 71.5

WR Kenny Britt, 71.2

WR Tavon Austin, 70.0

WR Pharoh Cooper, 65.2

Offense gives Goff little help

While Goff wasn’t great, neither was the rest of the offense. Goff was under pressure on 43 percent of his dropbacks, with the tackles being the biggest offenders. RT Rob Havenstein had his lowest-graded game in pass protection of his career, as he allowed seven total pressures, including three sacks. The run game didn’t go much better, as Todd Gurley was given little room to maneuver and averaged -0.2 yards before contact on his 14 carries.

Top defensive grades:

DT Aaron Donald, 90.6

DE William Hayes, 84.9

LB Alec Ogletree, 82.6

S T.J. McDonald, 79.5

DT Cam Thomas, 77.7

Backups predictably struggle

There is a reason why Cody Davis, Troy Hill, and Michael Jordan haven’t been starting all year for the Rams, and we saw why Thursday night. Hill was absurdly toasted on a fade route where he wasn’t within shouting distance of Doug Baldwin in the end zone. Jordan got picked on to the tune of six catches on six targets for 70 yards and a touchdown. And Davis got into the act by dropping to the deep middle of the defense, while everyone else played Cover-2 allowing Tyler Lockett a walk-in deep touchdown. It’s a shame that it had to spoil such a dominant performance up front.

PFF Game Ball: Seahawks defensive end Michael Bennett

Joyodongo

Reaction score
I just have to agree with the comments on RW: not a good game, and this is the 4th bad game in a row (against Carolina he could have been picked 3 or 4 times easily). I hope he bounces back, but this is starting to be a trend, no a single bad game ...

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
I hate PFF. They're barely even interested in football.

I can just imagine them bouncing up and down waving their arms going "Hey guys! Hey guys! Did we mention we have our own grades and you can buy them off the interwebz???!!!!11!1!"

brimsalabim

Reaction score
I don't disagree with the points made but how do you score Russell only two points ahead of Goff? Also no doubt it wasn't his fault but Rawls score is based on what he might have done with a better o line instead of his actual production?

semiahmoo

Reaction score
Valid OP.

A win, yes, but not a good game, and not the big bounce back we were hoping for.

RW's performance is an area of particular concern. He's struggling a bit right now. Anyone who doesn't believe that is watching an entirely different football team IMO.

AgentDib

Reaction score
If you think PFF can accurately grade a game in real time, without access to all-22, without access to the scheme, without access to the protection, then you should really look into my new stats service. It will use cutting edge random number technology to assign grades before the games are even played. Every player and coach will receive a score from 1 to 100 and you'll never need to worry about the complexities of football again. It's going to be a little bit more expensive than PFF but getting the grades earlier will be worth it.

Joyodongo

Reaction score
I think everyone could see RW didn't play well. Inaccurate passes, PA hand offs to Rawls when the DLineman was coming at him (Rawls) like a bulldozer (bad awareness), horrible pick to a receiver in double/triple coverage ...

Overseasfan

Reaction score
Joyodongo":213zwgey said:
I just have to agree with the comments on RW: not a good game, and this is the 4th bad game in a row (against Carolina he could have been picked 3 or 4 times easily). I hope he bounces back, but this is starting to be a trend, no a single bad game ...

The last couple of games haven't been great but calling this a bad game is overreacting.

Joyodongo

Reaction score
Overseasfan":craw50m8 said:
Joyodongo":craw50m8 said:

The last couple of games haven't been great but calling this a bad game is overreacting.

Overreact ... no, this is not the post-packers or post-bucs game, this is after a win and after 4 bad QB games (2 horrible, 2 bad for RW standards, we're not talking about Osweiler).

Ozzy

Reaction score
How does PFF not figure out Wilson thought he had a free play? They are garbage.

Cartire

Reaction score
Joyodongo":104uilgg said:
Overseasfan":104uilgg said:
Joyodongo":104uilgg said:

Overreact ... no, this is not the post-packers or post-bucs game, this is after a win and after 4 bad QB games (2 horrible, 2 bad for RW standards, we're not talking about Osweiler).

You just lumped the 40 point thrashing on the Panthers as a bad game simply to fill your narrative. 2-3 almost interceptions? please.

Ozzy

Reaction score
Russell looks hurt with left knee still and avoids pressure on it at times. He's a little off but played well last night and the Carolina game. He will be fine.

Joyodongo

Reaction score
Cartire":1xa37hbz said:
Joyodongo":1xa37hbz said:
Overseasfan":1xa37hbz said:
Joyodongo":1xa37hbz said:

You just lumped the 40 point thrashing on the Panthers as a bad game simply to fill your narrative. 2-3 almost interceptions? please.

No, I said it after the Panthers game. It's not automatic: 40 points not always equal to great QB play. I think he's taking less care of the ball the last four games.

OP
OP
N

NFSeahawks

Reaction score
AgentDib":393tq6xw said:
If you think PFF can accurately grade a game in real time, without access to all-22, without access to the scheme, without access to the protection, then you should really look into my new stats service. It will use cutting edge random number technology to assign grades before the games are even played. Every player and coach will receive a score from 1 to 100 and you'll never need to worry about the complexities of football again. It's going to be a little bit more expensive than PFF but getting the grades earlier will be worth it.

Thanks for your opinion. :D