Bobby Wagner Sets Franchise Record For Most Season Tackles

flmmkrz

Reaction score
any real hawk fan has never overlooked Bobby. Ridiculous season for him and props to the big men up front clearing space so he can clean up as well.

OP
OP
S

semiahmoo

Reaction score
Bobby is a smart-smart football player. Knows his job, and executes it from his position well.

Might not have the flash of a Bennett, the menace of a Kam, or the on-field intensity of Thomas & Sherman, but what he does have is a calm, resilient, and highly effective week-in-week-out work ethic & performance.

Def. one of my favorite Hawks the past few seasons.

chris98251

Reaction score
That's quite an achievement, we have had some damn good linebackers and middle linebackers here in Seattle over the years.

OP
OP
S

semiahmoo

Reaction score
chris98251":rkpd94xr said:
That's quite an achievement, we have had some damn good linebackers and middle linebackers here in Seattle over the years.

Indeed we have, and now BW is among the very best ever - perhaps THE best Seahawk LB ever.

Marlin Man

Reaction score
what an awesome player, I enjoy watching him greatly. I can not imagine our defense without him!

Thanks all your efforts Bobby!

scutterhawk

Reaction score
I'm not all that surprised, "Mr. Quiet Riot" and his side-kick KJ Wright are just plain sensational. :irishdrinkers:

rjdriver

Reaction score
He's also Utah States' ALL TIME leader in tackles. If I could afford another jersey it would be Bobby's.

potatohead

Reaction score
semiahmoo":2ccb4vqp said:
Bobby is a smart-smart football player. Knows his job, and executes it from his position well.

Might not have the flash of a Bennett, the menace of a Kam, or the on-field intensity of Thomas & Sherman, but what he does have is a calm, resilient, and highly effective week-in-week-out work ethic & performance.

Def. one of my favorite Hawks the past few seasons.

Good post. The way BW goes about his business quietly and the quality of his play are absolutely picture perfect. The dude is simply one of the best professionals in the league.

vin.couve12

Reaction score
I knew this one was coming. He's what you call a scheme diverse player. You can play dude at any LB position in any defense and he'll exceed. The only LB I thought who was as good as him was Bowman in an overall LB aspect, and he's yet coming back from another bad injury. Wagner is now in a league of his own among overall LBs, IMO.

ARhawk

Reaction score
vin.couve12":20lafeb7 said:
I knew this one was coming. He's what you call a scheme diverse player. You can play dude at any LB position in any defense and he'll exceed. The only LB I thought who was as good as him was Bowman in an overall LB aspect, and he's yet coming back from another bad injury. Wagner is now in a league of his own among overall LBs, IMO.
What are your thoughts on Keuchly then? What stops him from being a great "overall" LB?

vin.couve12

Reaction score
ARhawk":2l5qte12 said:
vin.couve12":2l5qte12 said:
What are your thoughts on Keuchly then? What stops him from being a great "overall" LB?
He's got a bit of a weak spot at being physical at the point of attack and his short arms don't do him any favors in that regard. He's a physical tackler, but those are two different things.

On the flip side, I think Keuckly is the best there is in space. His coverage and general use of angles is top notch. That said, I'm not sure he's a better overall LB than Thomas Davis even and that comes into question even in Carolina. If I were picking a WLB it would be Keuckly or the Bucs WLB, which for some reason, on my two hours of sleep, I'm drawing a blank.

OP
OP
S

semiahmoo

Reaction score
vin.couve12":35wr5mas said:

You nailed it.

Just a smart-smart football player. We are very lucky to have him.