From NE, Goodluck in the Playoffs

OhioPatsFan

Reaction score
Ello Seahawks,

It is me again, I popped in after the NE vs. SEA game and am making an appearance now. The reason I'm doing it now is because

A - If we meet in the SB, there is no way I can make a post on here that isn't belligerent (I hope everyone can understand)
B - If NE lost in the SB to SEA, see above.

But, that is factoring in a considerable amount of scenarios that allow both of us to get there, which we've yet to experience. That being said, I'm here to wish you guys luck in the playoffs. A lot has changed since our teams met. We lost Gronk. You lost Earl. The loss of Earl seems to be resonating a bit more than the loss of Gronk, but it doesn't count you guys out by any means.

Just want to say, goodluck in the playoffs. I'd love to see you guys knock out some of the teams over there, because if there is one team that can do that at any given time, it's not the Giants, but the Seahawks.

What's your guys' outlook from here? I haven't watched much of the 'Hawks this season. The record suggests erraticism but you guys are here, so that record doesn't matter much (beyond where it places you in the playoffs).

ApnaHawk

Reaction score
OhioPatsFan":37j0q5dv said:
Ello Seahawks,

It is me again, I popped in after the NE vs. SEA game and am making an appearance now. The reason I'm doing it now is because

A - If we meet in the SB, there is no way I can make a post on here that isn't belligerent (I hope everyone can understand)
B - If NE lost in the SB to SEA, see above.

But, that is factoring in a considerable amount of scenarios that allow both of us to get there, which we've yet to experience. That being said, I'm here to wish you guys luck in the playoffs. A lot has changed since our teams met. We lost Gronk. You lost Earl. The loss of Earl seems to be resonating a bit more than the loss of Gronk, but it doesn't count you guys out by any means.

Just want to say, goodluck in the playoffs. I'd love to see you guys knock out some of the teams over there, because if there is one team that can do that at any given time, it's not the Giants, but the Seahawks.

What's your guys' outlook from here? I haven't watched much of the 'Hawks this season. The record suggests erraticism but you guys are here, so that record doesn't matter much (beyond where it places you in the playoffs).

If you read the board here lately you'd assume we are fans of the Cleveland Browns. We have our loyals who will always strongly believe in our team and some loyals who are critical (by fair assumptions). I guess that's just the nature of any fan base.

The loss of ET has obviously been hurtful but I think because it's been put under a microscope that it might appear a bigger loss then it really is. (I own 4 jerseys and each and everyone one of them is a Earl Thomas Jersey). Yes, Terrel isn't ET but who in the NFL is?

This team is still lead by one of the best coaches, with a great QB and a very good defense. It might not the best defense over the last 4 years we've had, but it is sure a whole lot better then majority teams including teams in the playoffs right now.

Some guys have been fans for a long time around here and they'll tell you that as long as we are in the tournament, its anyone's game now. It doesn't matter what you've done all season but only what's ahead.

Anyhow, thank you for coming here. Even though we lost the most heart breaking game in our history against y'all, I hold no animosity or hate towards your team and the class of an organization the Patriots are. We wish to be there one day as well. Good luck and may you hoist it again if you aren't playing against us ;).

iigakusei

Reaction score
I think it is very unfair the NFL gave the Pats a bye to the AFC Championship game.

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
Classy post, but probably a little premature other than saying good luck in the playoffs because, yeah, it would be a whole lot of fun making your company again.

But as you can appreciate ... It's on to the Lions.

Kennedyin92

Reaction score
Erraticism is a good word for it. From this fan's perspective, the inconsistency and lack of identity this season are troubling. Consistency is the area where I most admire the Patriots. Since the victory in Foxborough there've been so many ups and downs, not to mention the injuries. It really seems like the coaching staff is grasping at straws sometimes. Having said that, we won the NFC West, and the playoffs are a different animal, so it will be interesting to see which version of our team shows up.

OP
OP
O

OhioPatsFan

Reaction score
Siouxhawk":2ktideks said:
Classy post, but probably a little premature other than saying good luck in the playoffs because, yeah, it would be a whole lot of fun making your company again.

But as you can appreciate ... It's on to the Lions.

Hence why I brought up the fact that such a conclusion must be predated by numerous variables that we've yet to see unfold (Doing my best Steven A. Smith impression with that language :D :D )

I think the Seahawks have the pieces in place to go the long run. And honestly, I believe it starts with their offense. If they can pull out an offensive performance like they did in NE, they don't need their defense to be as lights out. Have the offensive line woes fizzled out at all? If so, I would never underrate Wilson. If not, then eh. No matter how good a quarterback is, if there isn't an offensive line that can hold him up, he's useless. Honestly I feel like, the league this year, with the exception of a few teams, has suffered greatly at terrible offensive line performance, but that's just my take.

Who is ET's backup? What have they done in efforts to compensate for his loss? Has it caused them to run different formations and groupings? Or is it more of a plug-and-play next-man-up kind of thing?

OP
OP
O

OhioPatsFan

Reaction score
ApnaHawk":10bkgk5w said:
If you read the board here lately you'd assume we are fans of the Cleveland Browns. We have our loyals who will always strongly believe in our team and some loyals who are critical (by fair assumptions). I guess that's just the nature of any fan base.

The loss of ET has obviously been hurtful but I think because it's been put under a microscope that it might appear a bigger loss then it really is. (I own 4 jerseys and each and everyone one of them is a Earl Thomas Jersey). Yes, Terrel isn't ET but who in the NFL is?

This team is still lead by one of the best coaches, with a great QB and a very good defense. It might not the best defense over the last 4 years we've had, but it is sure a whole lot better then majority teams including teams in the playoffs right now.

Some guys have been fans for a long time around here and they'll tell you that as long as we are in the tournament, its anyone's game now. It doesn't matter what you've done all season but only what's ahead.

Anyhow, thank you for coming here. Even though we lost the most heart breaking game in our history against y'all, I hold no animosity or hate towards your team and the class of an organization the Patriots are. We wish to be there one day as well. Good luck and may you hoist it again if you aren't playing against us ;).

Bah, between you and me, the pats board can be quite insufferable after a loss (actually quite often in general). The bolded part is what I believe it boils down to. And the Seahawks in particular could take a player winning 5 bucks off a 10 dollar scratch ticket and use it as motivation to win a game very handily. They have very strong emotional upswings in response to a lot of things (Kam coming back, some other player coming back, a good tackle, a good interception, a good pass, a good pizza..) and use that upswing to their benefit. Going to the playoffs should be enough for them.

Thanks for the warm welcomes once again, as I said before, still a classy fanbase over here.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Would love to see a rematch. But as someone mentioned, around here you would think this team was 3-13.

byau

Reaction score
Great post, welcome back!

As far as what to expect from the NFC, I think it's going to be a wild ride. I have no idea what to expect.

Excluding the Cowboys first of all, looking at the rest of the field in the NFC: every team has a great QB which can take over on a good day, and every team has 5 or 6 losses (Lions have 7) which qualifies how every NFC team is inconsistent. Every team has had ups and downs to the point where just when you think one team is the sure thing, they suffer a big loss. And vice versa, just when you count a team out, they come back in and kill it.

Now adding back in the Cowboys and that everyone is waiting for the shoe to drop because it's just too good to be true, the NFC is going to be a WILD ride.

(( Unlike what I see to be a very boring AFC road to the SB (sorry, but outside of Ben and Tom, there are no good QBs. And when it comes to Pats and Steelers, need we mention the Pats also have the #1 scoring defense?) ))

(not to jinx y'all, sorry)

Either way, I agree with your post, good luck to us :D (good luck to you guys too)

Steve2222

Reaction score
I hope you guys keep Dallas away from winning the Super Bowl, as much as that pains me to type.

HansGruber

Reaction score
I was really really looking forward to an Oakland and Patriots match-up. That would have been the game of the season.

Now? Blah. It'll be Dallas and NE in the SuperBowl, which will be a good game. I just really wanted to see the Raiders go against the Patriots in the AFCCG. That would have been the best matchup of the year.