Kick the field goal Pete.

evergreen

Reaction score
We would've done better in both those road divisional games if we'd taken field goals in the first half down big. Might have gotten two in each game if we hadn't gotten cute.

OneLofaTatupu

Reaction score
evergreen":22o2j78m said:
We would've done better in both those road divisional games if we'd taken field goals in the first half down big. Might have gotten two in each game if we hadn't gotten cute.

With the way our kicker has played, I'm not so sure.

WmHBonney

Reaction score
OneLofaTatupu":1rapodzv said:
evergreen":1rapodzv said:

And long snapper......

Year of The Hawk

Reaction score
WmHBonney":1lwkq9ok said:
OneLofaTatupu":1lwkq9ok said:
evergreen":1lwkq9ok said:

And long snapper......

Speaking of how did the new guy do this week. I know Haus missed the extra point but who was that on?

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Yeah I'd be more supportive of Pete taking chances on 4th down if we were more successful, but we're not.

So I agree, in the playoffs take the points.

Tusc2000

Reaction score
Our first TD against Detroit came on a 4th down play at the two.

There's a reason we've been calling him Big Balls Pete since his USC days.

sutz

Reaction score
Meh, sure you have general guidelines, but you make those decisions on a case-by-case basis. If you're in a low scoring defensive game you usually take the points.

If you're facing a high powered offense, taking the risk might be the better strategy.

OP
OP
evergreen

evergreen

Reaction score
And that was a pass that was under thrown that Richardson made into the catch of 2017. Anyone else wondering why Rawls wasn't in there? Yeah he was tired from having run all the way down there I guess... My point was lost in the irony of Houscha's bad kicking this year. Against Atlanta in '12, down 20, we went for it 2x instead of kicking field goals from inside the 20. Zero points. It sure would've been nice to have some of those points at the end. Against Carolina we went for it 2x too down 31. Sure would've been nice to have some of those points too at the end... Even against Az. we could've had an easy three... Shite, even against New Orleans we tried t go for it and couldn't get er' done and we sure missed those points at the end too...

I wasn't really giving the kicking team props just pointing out that a few points early would've greatly changed our path of destiny...

gowazzu02

Reaction score
As a rule of thumb I agree always take the points and don't chase the 2pt conversion either. Worry about that half way through the 4th qtr.