Still Want The Playoffs? Gotta Split Next Two Weeks

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
In my estimation, there's no way around it. If we can somehow, SOMEHOW, split the next two games then I believe we may still have a realistic shot to sneak into the wildcard, IF that matters to you. There seems to be a line in the sand between fans who would rather get a higher draft pick and not just be one and done again in the playoffs as per usual, and those who think just getting into the dance, anything can happen so why not?

If you fall into the latter then here's the likely scenario. If we can split one of these games (I think it's relatively safe to say we won't win both), that puts us at 7-7 with the remaining games left on our schedule:

@ Titans
vs Steelers
@ Cardinals

Personally, I can see us winning our final 3 games. Especially if we can beat either the 49ers or Eagles and get some confidence and momentum going (personally I think it will be the MNF game at home against the Eagles we can win).

Simple math puts us at 10-7 to finish the season. That would be a nice way to end the season based on the season as it's unfolded so far.

If we drop one of those, that's 9-8 and an outside shot for the 7th seed but none of us would know if that's a viable scenario until the final week.

Sadly, if we lose our next two and go 6-8, I think the fat lady sings, and sings her fat ass off. We are likely cooked and it's on to looking towards next April and next season.

Thoughts? Comments? Suggestions? Kick ass Christmas drink recipes? We are gonna need them.

kidhawk

Reaction score
I’m going into each week the same as the ones before. Looking for a win but won’t be surprised no matter the outcome. As the end of the season approaches we’ll either be playoff contenders or not. For now let’s just win and see what happens.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
As good as Philly's record is, they are most definitely a winnable game in two weeks at home.

But I don't agree that we have to split the next two games to make the playoffs. 9-8 can get us into the playoffs winning our last three games.

This past month of underwhelming performances doesn't exactly inspire any hope in what I just wrote above, but never the less it's true.

strohmin

Reaction score
Playoffs aside, how about this team have some pride and stick it to the 9ers somehow this coming week! If Pete really believes that the Dallas game is the turn around game then they should come out fired up and actually make the 9ers sweat for a victory.

OP
OP
AROS

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
I want the Seahawks to win every game.

Wish in one hand and...

I predicted 8-9 and I'm sticking with it. Almost (but not quite) impossible to make the playoffs this year with that record.

Interesting side note. I have a bet with my old neighbor (Broncos, 9ers fan, and also to give him credit a very smart NFL fan) I made in the beginning of the season. I bet him $100 bucks we would win at least 11 games.

Woops.

So if (when, let's be real) we lose one more game, a Benji makes its way to his Venmo account. FML.

For the record, he predicted 8-9 wins at best. This was in September.

I scoffed. Laughed at him. Even saved the text to shove it in his face late in December.

Again, woops.

For what it's worth, he did have this to say today (paraphrase):

"I think you guys can take the 9ers this Sunday. They are coming off a hugely emotional win. This would be the time to do it."

Keep in mind, this is not only a 49ers fan, but a very astute NFL fan. He's told me things through the years that ended up coming to pass many, many times.

Welshers2

Reaction score
I love this team and will be watching and pulling for them every game. With that said, their playoff hopes are hanging by a thread. I would not be surprised at an 8 win season. Nor will I be disappointed in them. Anything else is over achieving

Reaction score
I think you guys actually have a shot against the Niner’s next week. The Niner’s are clearly a better team at the moment, but I guarantee you the game against the Eagles took a lot out of them. Then you have the fact that the Seahawks are fighting for their season now. It will be a close and tough battle.

OP
OP
AROS

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
I think you guys actually have a shot against the Niner’s next week. The Niner’s are clearly a better team at the moment, but I guarantee you the game against the Eagles took a lot out of them. Then you have the fact that the Seahawks are fighting for their season now. It will be a close and tough battle.

I actually agree and not just because I am a Seahawks fan. It makes sense.

flv2

Reaction score
Currently there are 4 teams at 6-6 who are tied for the last 2 spots. 9-8 will probably be enough. However, if the Seahawks drop to 6-8 I don't think they'll win out. There are some potential cap cuts who might 'develop' minor injuries or that the team will sit to avoid injury guarantees.

CalgaryFan05

Reaction score
In my estimation, there's no way around it. If we can somehow, SOMEHOW, split the next two games then I believe we may still have a realistic shot to sneak into the wildcard, IF that matters to you. There seems to be a line in the sand between fans who would rather get a higher draft pick and not just be one and done again in the playoffs as per usual, and those who think just getting into the dance, anything can happen so why not?

If you fall into the latter then here's the likely scenario. If we can split one of these games (I think it's relatively safe to say we won't win both), that puts us at 7-7 with the remaining games left on our schedule:

@ Titans
vs Steelers
@ Cardinals

Personally, I can see us winning our final 3 games. Especially if we can beat either the 49ers or Eagles and get some confidence and momentum going (personally I think it will be the MNF game at home against the Eagles we can win).

Simple math puts us at 10-7 to finish the season. That would be a nice way to end the season based on the season as it's unfolded so far.

If we drop one of those, that's 9-8 and an outside shot for the 7th seed but none of us would know if that's a viable scenario until the final week.

Sadly, if we lose our next two and go 6-8, I think the fat lady sings, and sings her fat ass off. We are likely cooked and it's on to looking towards next April and next season.

Thoughts? Comments? Suggestions? Kick ass Christmas drink recipes? We are gonna need them.
I dunno. I watched the redzone of the Cardinals and Steelers. A week ago, I was like you - if we could split the 49ers and eagles, then the last 3 games might be a gimmie. I'm not thinking that now. Cardinals played up, and the Steelers aren't creampuffs.

The only game of the remaining 5 I think is a 'gimmie' is the Titans -

Here's hoping - but I'm pretty shell-shocked and deflated by the last month. We'll see how we come out against the 9ers - but I just see us circling the bowl at this point.

"Playoffs?! I just hope we can win a game!".

Indeed.

Toxic_Luke

Reaction score
Our team is LIMITED by the technical committee.

I see Seahawks losing the next two games and going 6-8.

I THINK we will win the last 3 games and finish the season 9-8, we will depend on the other teams' schedule to make the playoffs.

That being said, THE SEATTLE SEAHAWKS FRANCHISE NEEDS CHANGE!

Fire the ENTIRE FRONT OFFICE!
FIRE WALDRON
FIRE HURTT
FIRE PETE CARROL
FIRE JOHN SCHNEIDER

But since we know that won't happen, we will continue to be mediocre...

The owner of the franchise doesn't care about the team, let's continue to be weak!

dark times

Chukarhawk

Reaction score
Playoffs aside, how about this team have some pride and stick it to the 9ers somehow this coming week! If Pete really believes that the Dallas game is the turn around game then they should come out fired up and actually make the 9ers sweat for a victory.
They are simply overpowered and out classed. The 9ers are going to win the Owl sad to say. They are the most Physical team in the league right now.

Chukarhawk

Reaction score
Our team is LIMITED by the technical committee.

I see Seahawks losing the next two games and going 6-8.

I THINK we will win the last 3 games and finish the season 9-8, we will depend on the other teams' schedule to make the playoffs.

That being said, THE SEATTLE SEAHAWKS FRANCHISE NEEDS CHANGE!

Fire the ENTIRE FRONT OFFICE!
FIRE WALDRON
FIRE HURTT
FIRE PETE CARROL
FIRE JOHN SCHNEIDER

But since we know that won't happen, we will continue to be mediocre...

The owner of the franchise doesn't care about the team, let's continue to be weak!

dark times
I'm keeping Schneider.