Still Want The Playoffs? Gotta Split Next Two Weeks

Hawknight

Reaction score
Sadly to say, as I'm not personally feeling it. IF by some chance we happen to split and sneak off into the playoffs, we would really only be playoff pretenders and not playoff contenders. I don't have any confidence that this coaching staff or our QB would take us far should the opportunity present itself by some miracle. I don't mean to be a Negative Nelly but this season has really sapped me of any positivity...which for me is saying something. Happy Holidays to all!

OneLofaTatupu

Reaction score
The 2023 Seahawks -

We will beat the Eagles and Niners over the next 2 and have the media talking about how for 3 weeks we've been on the brink of being the best team in the NFL.

And then we will lose our last 3.
In true Pacific Northwest sports fashion

CalgaryFan05

Reaction score
They are simply overpowered and out classed. The 9ers are going to win the Owl sad to say. They are the most Physical team in the league right now.
Sure looked it against the Eagles. That's for sure.

They beat them up real good.

Hurts looked kinda 'stunned' by the end of the game IMO.

James in PA

Reaction score
Cmon guys, we were just 1 Big Cat Williams away from the Super Bowl. It'll all start coming together this Sunday. You'll see. Shanny isn't getting any sleep this week game planning for this defense.

strohmin

Reaction score
They are simply overpowered and out classed. The 9ers are going to win the Owl sad to say. They are the most Physical team in the league right now.
I dont care if the 9ers win the superbowl. How about the Seahawks just stick it to them once and win the damn game. I dont think the Seahawks are overpowered. They just play with stupidity sometimes that puts them out of the game. For once, eliminate that stupidity and beat the 9ers.

James in PA

Reaction score
Schneider stays to handle the "draft" side of things. As far as free agency and especially trades go, he needs a right hand man to tell him, "nah bro, you're about to get fleeced!"

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
after the Jamal Adams trade? after the leonard williams trade?

two GIGANTIC OVERPAY

not to mention the ABSURD overpays given to mediocre players

Still one of the best drafters in the league.

But yes, this feels like an either or Sophie's Choice for Allen. I highly doubt Schneider would even stay if Pete leaves, unless he has serious input into the next coach hire.

Optimus25

Reaction score
I mean we moved the ball straight down the field when we spread it around and had like 9 inches of offense when we only targeted DK so let’s hold our breath and see what Shane’s thinking.

cymatica

Reaction score
Sadly to say, as I'm not personally feeling it. IF by some chance we happen to split and sneak off into the playoffs, we would really only be playoff pretenders and not playoff contenders. I don't have any confidence that this coaching staff or our QB would take us far should the opportunity present itself by some miracle. I don't mean to be a Negative Nelly but this season has really sapped me of any positivity...which for me is saying something. Happy Holidays to all!
Yep. I'm at the point that I would rather miss the playoffs forcing Pete to either hand over the reigns or make some serious philosophical changes schematically. He is so worried about giving up the big play and not making mistakes that it causes them to give up big chunk plays and make mistakes.

He needs to throw caution into the wind and get aggressive, because at this point he has nothing to lose. The style he wants requires either a very disciplined team or a once in a generation roster, not to mention good coaches around him. Not going to hit lightning in a bottle twice with the roster and his teams are always undisciplined and penalized. Playoffs are one and done unless he has a revelation and stops playing it safe.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
I will never compromise my respect for the game to the point that I'm rooting for losses over a playoff berth for my own team.

That kind of roodypoo stuff would have us robbed of the Beastquake. I won't even entertain it. Losing begets losing, and you should never will it on.

We have the Packers, Vikings, and Rams to compete with for two wild card spots. We're on equal footing with all, but the Rams hold a big tiebreaker. Dallas is getting the top slot. Bucs and Saints a game behind at 5-7. Even shot if we grab one of these wins. Can get in with some decent help at 9-8.

renofox

Reaction score
I will never compromise my respect for the game to the point that I'm rooting for losses over a playoff berth for my own team.

That kind of roodypoo stuff would have us robbed of the Beastquake. I won't even entertain it. Losing begets losing, and you should never will it on.

We have the Packers, Vikings, and Rams to compete with for two wild card spots. We're on equal footing with all, but the Rams hold a big tiebreaker. Dallas is getting the top slot. Bucs and Saints a game behind at 5-7. Even shot if we grab one of these wins. Can get in with some decent help at 9-8.
Wouldn't it be awesome to end up as the 7 seed and play the 2 seed 49ers and knock them out? Anything that keeps them from another Lombardi is a win in my book.

Odds may be 1,000 to 1 but I'd still love to see it.

cymatica

Reaction score

This is completely different than Pete's early years where they were churning through players and clearly building towards something different. Pete's schtick has grown stale after years of proving he is unable to adjust to the league shredding up his defense. They've had some horrendous gameplans and decisions this year that put them in the position they are at.

If you want to get your hopes up for them pretty much winning out, while getting help, so they can squeak in the playoffs then have fun. I'm not holding my breath, they are what they are at this point: an average team with some overpaid dead weight players and a bad defensive philosophy with an inconsistent offense.

Toxic_Luke

Reaction score
Still one of the best drafters in the league.

But yes, this feels like an either or Sophie's Choice for Allen. I highly doubt Schneider would even stay if Pete leaves, unless he has serious input into the next coach hire.
one of the best drafters in the NFL? LOL

we literally went 10 YEARS without getting the DRAFT right.

only the last 2 were good.

Yes, JS is unlikely to stay if PC leaves, but I think it's better this way, the Seahawks need a TOTAL change in the team and culture.

It is to be grateful for the services provided and happy retirement!