ESPN story: NFC West: 5 moves each team should make

Rat

Reaction score
He said that it was difficult to write about the Seahawks needs after the offensive line, so he probably was stretching a little with the RB comment, although durability there is a legitimate concern. I wouldn't make Peterson or Charles a priority, but they're worth at least discussing.

OP
OP
Uncle Si

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Rat":3zzpbpbq said:
He said that it was difficult to write about the Seahawks needs after the offensive line, so he probably was stretching a little with the RB comment, although durability there is a legitimate concern. I wouldn't make Peterson or Charles a priority, but they're worth at least discussing.

True point... O line could have taken up 3 of the 5...

I would've thought DBack help would have been on there.

sdog1981

Reaction score
I like the idea of Peterson on a one or two year prove it deal. Only if the market crashes like Barnwell talks about in the article.
I really like the idea of Alualu he is just a disruptive player, he has always played on bad Jags teams. As a rotational guy I think he could add a ton of value.

The Oline discussion is on the Bevell level at this point.

sdog1981

Reaction score
Rat":1vlicg4w said:
Peterson doesn't have anything to prove.

That he not a washed up running back on the wrong side of 30.

Trenchbroom

Reaction score
Peterson would like a ring, too. If the Vikings cut him, he's healthy and the price is right, why not?

seahawkfreak

Reaction score
"Leave the Jimmy Graham contract alone", until he decides to holdout.

Is Jamal Charles really going to hit free agency? Hard to believe.

Seymour

Reaction score
sdog1981":2vacyf8g said:
I like the idea of Peterson on a one or two year prove it deal. Only if the market crashes like Barnwell talks about in the article.
I really like the idea of Alualu he is just a disruptive player, he has always played on bad Jags teams. As a rotational guy I think he could add a ton of value.

How so? Cable is higher on the food chain than Bevell, and that is Cable's group of players (pretenders that is).

Josea16

Reaction score
seahawkfreak":1py26ajo said:
"Leave the Jimmy Graham contract alone", until he decides to holdout.

Is Jamal Charles really going to hit free agency? Hard to believe.
He can't stay on the field so it's not that unbelievable that Kansas City would move on from him. He's not really a Reid type of running back either.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
Rat":noo4xym3 said:
Peterson doesn't have anything to prove.
I admire what Peterson was able to accomplish in his prime, but those abilities are nowhere near what would be needed behind this suck-butt Seahawks O-Line....He's NOT a Marshawn Lynch 2.0.

theincrediblesok

Reaction score
I like the idea of Jamaal Charles on a 1 year deal where it's not going to break any bank.

DJrmb

Reaction score
I think one of the top 5 moves Seattle should make is to extend Justin Britt. I still can't even believe I'm saying that... :lol:

Britt looked really good last year at Center and I think the time to extend him is now. Extending guys early (with 1 year left on their deals) is something that John has used to keep our cap in a pretty good place over the years. Britt was already a Pro Bowl alternate in his first year at Center and is only 25 years old. If you let him play out 2017 and he looks just as good or even ends up making the Pro Bowl it's going to cost a lot more to bring him back than it would be if they extended him now and used this years low cap number and the cap room they have to lower his cap number in future years. It could be the difference between Britt's cap hit being 9M per year and it only being 6M per year.

As for other moves, Dline depth is definitely something they will look at I think. Alualu is a great value pickup that I've been hoping they'd look into. He gets a bad rap because expectations were higher than they should have been due to the Jags drafting him way too high but he's a very good rotational option that provides some interior pass rush. Stephen Paea is another guy I hope Seattle takes a good look at. Washington played him out of position, Paea is best rushing inside as a 4-3 3tech I think which is where he was with Chicago when he had his best seasons.

flmmkrz

Reaction score
I can't see AP getting the type of contract he'd want here but despite not being the AP of old, he'll be an upgrade over Rawls and Prosise can be a nice mix in. The oline can't be worse than last year and it did seem to pull it's head out of it's arses enough to get some sort of run game later in the year and with some FA additions, it could be a line that AP could do some damage behind. Charles as well but at this stage he's mr glass he just can't stay on the field. I guess the same could be said of AP lately but those were some big injuries, Charles seems to have something niggling him every week and he's always on the verge of missing games.

sdog1981

Reaction score
Seymour":18g05zyk said:
sdog1981":18g05zyk said:

How so? Cable is higher on the food chain than Bevell, and that is Cable's group of players (pretenders that is).

i.e. that conversation has been beaten to death.

ringless

Reaction score
Jamaal Charles, and Nick Foles were to players I see getting released. Chiefs need cap space, and have the Dontari Poe, and Eric Berry contracts to possibly account for.

They already have a good stable of RB's and to get Eric Berry under contract Charles contract likely has to disappear. He tore his ACL and tried to come back too early for him and pushed it. Likely re aggravated his injury.

I'd think he could be bad cheap. He might have one more season in him.

WmHBonney

Reaction score
Why bother with a move at RB if we refuse to commit to a run game? I get that the line is terrible. But, we didn't commit to the run game even when they were actually opening up holes.

sdog1981

Reaction score
Maulbert":2ggev659 said:
Screw number 5. Both are 30+ year old backs with a history of season-ending injuries. That's a terrible idea.

You can set your watch to the week 12 Jamaaaaaal Charles knee injury.