Seahawks.NET AMAZON STOREFRONT

Seattle being one of AP top 3 landing spots?

The Essential Online Seattle Football Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. LANGUAGE RATING: PG-13
  • Heard today that AP would be willing to sign at a discount for a contender. His top 2 spots he wants are Oakland and seattle.
    I don't particularly see us going after him but if he came to us on the cheap side for a chance at a ring I see it being a good signing. He was the best back of his generation so he could be a great mentor to Rawls and Procise.
    The only question is what does he consider a discount?
    What do you all think?
    Aiunahthar
    NET Bench Warmer
     
    Posts: 5
    Joined: Sat Dec 10, 2016 8:16 pm


  • Flattered, but he would have to come cheap.
    User avatar
    WindCityHawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2314
    Joined: Sat Aug 28, 2010 4:51 pm


  • Please no. Spend the money on more important things.
    User avatar
    nash72
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 832
    Joined: Wed Feb 18, 2015 12:33 am


  • Image
    Fire Tom Cable
    User avatar
    bigskydoc
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2110
    Joined: Wed Dec 18, 2013 9:27 am
    Location: Kalispell, MT


  • I think it would have to be a hell of a discount.

    Agree that he was best of his generation; not sure that automatically means he'd be a great mentor.

    On the field- those injuries have to be taking their toll. I just don't see signing him as smart, unless the bottom line is way below what I think it will be.
    Grahamhawker
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1604
    Joined: Fri Dec 21, 2012 1:19 pm
    Location: Graham, WA


  • sure hope not although imo we need to find a starter somewhere in the draft
    Super Bowl XLVIII Champions 2014.02.02 Seahawks 43 Broncos 8
    User avatar
    Cyrus12
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 4984
    Joined: Fri Aug 16, 2013 10:20 am
    Location: BC Canada


  • Yeah when I said cheap I ment cheap like <2mil for the year.

    Also I agree that a starter needs to be found. I love Rawls and Procise but they are too injury prone to be starters atm. If they can stay healthy theb by all means go for it but right now I don't see that happening.
    I know if won't happen but I would love to see fournette fall to us. He's big and powerful like beastmode was but that's probably a pipe dream.
    Aiunahthar
    NET Bench Warmer
     
    Posts: 5
    Joined: Sat Dec 10, 2016 8:16 pm


  • Aiunahthar wrote:Heard today that AP would be willing to sign at a discount for a contender. His top 2 spots he wants are Oakland and seattle.
    I don't particularly see us going after him but if he came to us on the cheap side for a chance at a ring I see it being a good signing. He was the best back of his generation so he could be a great mentor to Rawls and Procise.
    The only question is what does he consider a discount?
    What do you all think?


    Good first post... Welcome aboard
    User avatar
    Uncle Si
    * NET Hottie *
     
    Posts: 12522
    Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 8:34 am


  • There are reports (I didn't substantiate) that AP has fathered between 6-8 children with several different woman. Considering this expense, I have a feeling his version of discount will differ from ours.

    As has been mentioned in other threads, this has the Patriots written all over it.
    Now a guppy driver. Loving the Hawks with my bro Nanomoz for over 30 years
    User avatar
    rjdriver
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1769
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 10:11 am
    Location: Utah


  • Somehow doesn't seem like a "Pete/JS" type move. :229031_shrug:
    Talent can get you to the playoffs.
    It takes character to win when you get there.

    SUPER BOWL XLVIII CHAMPIONS
    User avatar
    sutz
    USMC 1970-77
     
    Posts: 16888
    Joined: Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:41 am
    Location: Kent, WA


  • Read on Walterfootball.com that his AP's Dad said he drawing interest from Oakland and Seattle, have no idea how legit that is.
    getnasty
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2183
    Joined: Sun Nov 07, 2010 8:22 pm


  • nash72 wrote:Please no. Spend the money on more important things.


    That doesn't encompass a lot. Not with Pete Carroll. The run is of top consideration to him.

    If you don't think there's at least a chance of this happening, you don't know Pete.

    Though I agree he probably ends up with the Patriots, because FML.
    GO HAWKS!!!

    Visit my Seahawks blog at 17power.blogspot.com!
    User avatar
    MontanaHawk05
    * 17Power Blogger *
     
    Posts: 16198
    Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 8:46 am


  • Reece, AP, Procise, Rawls

    Yes please. RB by committee. Incredible speed options. AC for 1 yard carries

    I like it. One year $5million. Won't damage for the future. Totally worth the gamble

    Draft O-line. Live with glaring holes on D or pick up 1-2 in FA
    mikeak
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 6834
    Joined: Fri Aug 24, 2012 6:24 pm
    Location: Anchorage, AK


  • Oakland is a great fit for him, I think.

    Murray put up 1K rushing for them last year and he's really not a very good player, and with Washington and Richard they already have two 3rd down/pass catching backs on that roster.

    ADP as a first and second down workhorse in Oakland is a really nice match.
    User avatar
    Popeyejones
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 4488
    Joined: Tue Aug 20, 2013 7:58 am


  • As long as it doesn't break the bank, bring him in by all means. When AP feels like he needs to prove himself, he explodes like the freak he is. I feel one of those years coming on. He will help our run game.
    User avatar
    Siouxhawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3669
    Joined: Thu Feb 05, 2015 5:46 pm


  • You also cannot pay a premium for a player then not make use of his skills because he cannot run through a brick wall. Doesn't matter who you put behind them last year, nobody was going anywhere. That is exactly why 100% that HAS to be fixed first. Same as keeping Jimmy in to block. Pay the premium for the player, then cannot use his skill set. If that happens, it's a lock another failed season IMO.
    User avatar
    Seymour
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3187
    Joined: Mon Nov 16, 2015 4:41 pm


  • Our line is bound to be better. And who's to say we don't bring in O line help too in free agency? If the monetary terms suit us, go get him. Him, Rawls and Prosise would be fun to watch.
    User avatar
    Siouxhawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3669
    Joined: Thu Feb 05, 2015 5:46 pm


  • Bad side of 30
    Injury prone


    No thanks.
    "Practice without improvement is meaningless" - Chuck Knox
    User avatar
    Hawk_Nation
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2381
    Joined: Fri Sep 20, 2013 11:40 pm
    Location: South Seattle


  • Somehow I have a feeling we will take him because he's an ex Vikings and we love them here lol
    Image
    User avatar
    theincrediblesok
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1540
    Joined: Mon Jun 23, 2014 1:05 pm


  • theincrediblesok wrote:Somehow I have a feeling we will take him because he's an ex Vikings and we love them here lol


    And winning comment goes to... :lol:
    Aiunahthar
    NET Bench Warmer
     
    Posts: 5
    Joined: Sat Dec 10, 2016 8:16 pm


  • NO.
    AP is not going to get us to the next level.
    Send Lawyers, Guns and Money!
    GO 'HAWKS!!
    User avatar
    WmHBonney
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1129
    Joined: Fri Apr 27, 2012 6:11 pm


  • WmHBonney wrote:NO.
    AP is not going to get us to the next level.


    He might......if a certain player whose last name begins with "R" gets injured again. :roll:
    Proud Member of the .Net Old Farts Society
    Bigpumpkin
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 6912
    Joined: Sun Mar 04, 2007 8:13 pm
    Location: Puyallup, WA USA


  • I can't believe how down people are on AP. He's not the AP of his prime but he's not that far removed from 2015 either. He didn't play last year so we don't know what legs are still there. He could come back and not miss a beat from 2015 or he's molassis but either way, not a huge gamble. His options are slim and none and his salary demands should be very reasonable. Hungry Ap trying to play for one last big contract post this upcoming year, I'd risk it. Fournette and Cook aren't coming here, and Mixon is mired in controversy so it's not like help is on the horizon from the draft. I know you guys like your flavor of the week but there's 3 top end talents and then question marks...save the draft pick and use it where the draft has depth and go cheap on backs. Play a numbers game back there and hope some of them last.
    flmmkrz
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1421
    Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 11:13 am



  • My guess is it'll be a low base salary with a lot of injury incentives, if he were to sign here.
    User avatar
    mistaowen
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3496
    Joined: Sun Nov 28, 2010 1:54 pm


  • If we're going to break out the check book on a veteran who's in the last chapter of their career, I'd rather that be Julius Peppers.
    User avatar
    Aircrew
    NET Bench Warmer
     
    Posts: 47
    Joined: Sun Sep 25, 2016 6:53 pm
    Location: Eastern Washington


  • Hearing rumors over twitter hawks arent super interested but are keeping on eye on guys like blount and AP.
    Image
    User avatar
    RussB
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2355
    Joined: Wed Aug 19, 2015 2:42 pm
    Location: Spokane, WA


  • Aging, doesn't fit our scheme AT ALL, has some rather ugly missteps in his personal life.

    I don't see it at all. It's mostly the lack of a scheme fit.
    Mojambo
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1591
    Joined: Sun Sep 20, 2009 12:38 pm


  • AP fits our scheme and will be fully motivated. Glad he's still on the Hawks' radar for a team-friendly deal.
    User avatar
    Siouxhawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3669
    Joined: Thu Feb 05, 2015 5:46 pm


  • Mojambo wrote:Aging, doesn't fit our scheme AT ALL, has some rather ugly missteps in his personal life.

    I don't see it at all. It's mostly the lack of a scheme fit.


    Siouxhawk wrote:AP fits our scheme and will be fully motivated. Glad he's still on the Hawks' radar for a team-friendly deal.


    Well... which is it?
    User avatar
    Uncle Si
    * NET Hottie *
     
    Posts: 12522
    Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 8:34 am


  • Uncle Si wrote:
    Mojambo wrote:Aging, doesn't fit our scheme AT ALL, has some rather ugly missteps in his personal life.

    I don't see it at all. It's mostly the lack of a scheme fit.


    Siouxhawk wrote:AP fits our scheme and will be fully motivated. Glad he's still on the Hawks' radar for a team-friendly deal.


    Well... which is it?


    Image
    User avatar
    mistaowen
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3496
    Joined: Sun Nov 28, 2010 1:54 pm


  • Uncle Si wrote:
    Mojambo wrote:Aging, doesn't fit our scheme AT ALL, has some rather ugly missteps in his personal life.

    I don't see it at all. It's mostly the lack of a scheme fit.


    Siouxhawk wrote:AP fits our scheme and will be fully motivated. Glad he's still on the Hawks' radar for a team-friendly deal.


    Well... which is it?

    He did have Bevell as his OC with the Vikes for 4 seasons, as you well know. I understand we run out of the gun or pistol more, but that's an easy adjustment.

    I think you have a feeling he's going to have a strong season, too.
    User avatar
    Siouxhawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3669
    Joined: Thu Feb 05, 2015 5:46 pm


  • I don't think it's as easy an adjustment as you think.

    They've spent years and tons of draft capital acquiring offensive lineman who fit the narrow constraints of Cable's ZBS. We're suddenly switching to a straight ahead power scheme with Russ under center and Petersen 8 yards deep?

    I don't see it, but I've been plenty wrong before with regards to this team. I'll trust them if they do go after him, but it doesn't seem like a great match on a lot of levels.
    Mojambo
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1591
    Joined: Sun Sep 20, 2009 12:38 pm


  • O line should be the main focus and they should sign the best guys they can at all costs. Then if there is money left and AP is willing to take a pay cut which it seems he might be. I dont see why not. It could be very good for the team.
    Image
    User avatar
    RussB
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2355
    Joined: Wed Aug 19, 2015 2:42 pm
    Location: Spokane, WA


  • Mojambo wrote:I don't think it's as easy an adjustment as you think.

    They've spent years and tons of draft capital acquiring offensive lineman who fit the narrow constraints of Cable's ZBS. We're suddenly switching to a straight ahead power scheme with Russ under center and Petersen 8 yards deep?

    I don't see it, but I've been plenty wrong before with regards to this team. I'll trust them if they do go after him, but it doesn't seem like a great match on a lot of levels.

    I don't believe we'd abandon the ZBS or run option, but AP wouldn't have to exclusively line up from the 'I' either. I could see him setting up in formations like Marshawn did. He won't catch the ball as well as Marshawn, but he'd be a nice addition to the Rawls/Prosise backfield IMO if the price is right.
    User avatar
    Siouxhawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3669
    Joined: Thu Feb 05, 2015 5:46 pm


  • sutz wrote:Somehow doesn't seem like a "Pete/JS" type move. :229031_shrug:


    Hey, back in training camp of 2012 they brought in T.O., Kellen Winslow Jr and Braylon Edwards to give Matt Flynn some toys to throw at. You never know
    semiahmoo wrote:I'll say it again - this is Pete's last season in Seattle if the teams doesn't make a legit hard run deep into the playoffs.
    User avatar
    Jerhawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2099
    Joined: Mon Mar 22, 2010 7:39 am
    Location: Spokane, WA


  • Question??

    What does the leagues worst oline, an overweight and rattled "mobile" QB, and a new 32 yr old $6M RB that cannot pass block equal? :?: :idea:
    User avatar
    Seymour
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3187
    Joined: Mon Nov 16, 2015 4:41 pm


  • Bevell may have been the OC, but he wasn't using a ZBS, if you think were going to change the whole scheme, fire Pete who specifically wanted that scheme fire Cable, cut most our line now even if it may be warranted for a 32 year old wanting to be over paid RB then I want what your drinking.
    Image

    To Be P/C or Not P/C That is the Question..........Seahawks kick Ass !!!!
    Check your PM's, Thank you for everything Radish RIP My Friend. :les:
    Member of the 38 club.
    User avatar
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker
     
    Posts: 22463
    Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2007 10:52 pm
    Location: Renton Wa.


  • AP....32 years old.

    What?...just a 3rd down back?

    What?...Vet minimum?

    What?...Next topic.
    User avatar
    Largent80
    NET Ring Of Honor
     
    Posts: 34838
    Joined: Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:38 pm


  • Largent80 wrote:AP....32 years old.

    What?...just a 3rd down back?

    What?...Vet minimum?

    What?...Next topic.


    We already have a 3rd down back.
    And an early down bruiser.
    ...
    Who have averaged 8 games a season.
    ...
    What? Is the price tag.
    User avatar
    jdemps
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 846
    Joined: Tue Sep 17, 2013 5:11 pm
    Location: SF bay area, shaping young minds with a tinge of Hawk homerism


  • jdemps wrote:
    Largent80 wrote:AP....32 years old.

    What?...just a 3rd down back?

    What?...Vet minimum?

    What?...Next topic.


    We already have a 3rd down back.
    And an early down bruiser.
    ...
    Who have averaged 8 games a season.
    ...
    What? Is the price tag.


    What?....You want THAT?....see ya.
    User avatar
    Largent80
    NET Ring Of Honor
     
    Posts: 34838
    Joined: Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:38 pm


  • If it doesn't Jeopardize the ability to upgrade other positions (OL, CB) and somehow is on the "discount" side of the financial spectrum, I say bring him in. That doesn't mean he will automatically make the 53 man roster. Let him work for it, show he is determined, prove he is healthy enough. If not, let him go. But really though, how could you not want one of the greatest RB's to ever play the game on your team? Rawls being mentored by first Beast Mode, and now AP!!?? If we could only be so lucky.
    User avatar
    Mistashoesta
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1333
    Joined: Thu Feb 23, 2012 4:22 am


  • Seymour wrote:Question??

    What does the leagues worst oline, an overweight and rattled "mobile" QB, and a new 32 yr old $6M RB that cannot pass block equal? :?: :idea:


    Best post in this thread.
    User avatar
    nash72
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 832
    Joined: Wed Feb 18, 2015 12:33 am


  • Seymour wrote:Question??

    What does the leagues worst oline, an overweight and rattled "mobile" QB, and a new 32 yr old $6M RB that cannot pass block equal? :?: :idea:



    ^ This.

    AP isn't the answer to our offensive issues. They need to focus on the O-Line and hope RW decides to get back to being an athletic, mobile QB while he still can get the footsteps out of his head. But another season of being overweight, slow and taking a heavy pounding and he will be a smaller version of Dave Carr.
    kf3339
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2382
    Joined: Mon Mar 05, 2007 6:52 pm


  • Ric Mirer, David Carr never showed a whole lot, Mirer had good moments early till they gutted the Line, Wilson has shown well also, till we gutted the Line.
    Image

    To Be P/C or Not P/C That is the Question..........Seahawks kick Ass !!!!
    Check your PM's, Thank you for everything Radish RIP My Friend. :les:
    Member of the 38 club.
    User avatar
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker
     
    Posts: 22463
    Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2007 10:52 pm
    Location: Renton Wa.


  • Mistashoesta wrote:If it doesn't Jeopardize the ability to upgrade other positions (OL, CB) and somehow is on the "discount" side of the financial spectrum, I say bring him in. That doesn't mean he will automatically make the 53 man roster. Let him work for it, show he is determined, prove he is healthy enough. If not, let him go. But really though, how could you not want one of the greatest RB's to ever play the game on your team? Rawls being mentored by first Beast Mode, and now AP!!?? If we could only be so lucky.

    This is what I'm thinking too.
    User avatar
    Siouxhawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3669
    Joined: Thu Feb 05, 2015 5:46 pm


  • Seymour wrote:Question??

    What does the leagues worst oline, an overweight and rattled "mobile" QB, and a new 32 yr old $6M RB that cannot pass block equal? :?: :idea:


    Overweight and rattled QB?? Dude, stop while you're ahead...or while you think you are. Unbelievable.
    User avatar
    HawKnPeppa
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 4737
    Joined: Sat Oct 31, 2009 8:01 pm


  • kf3339 wrote:
    Seymour wrote:Question??

    What does the leagues worst oline, an overweight and rattled "mobile" QB, and a new 32 yr old $6M RB that cannot pass block equal? :?: :idea:



    ^ This.

    AP isn't the answer to our offensive issues. They need to focus on the O-Line and hope RW decides to get back to being an athletic, mobile QB while he still can get the footsteps out of his head. But another season of being overweight, slow and taking a heavy pounding and he will be a smaller version of Dave Carr.


    Two lemmings running off the cliff in ignorant lockstep. What part of two serious injuries from early in the season do you no understand? Footsteps, overweight??? What total bullshit!
    User avatar
    HawKnPeppa
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 4737
    Joined: Sat Oct 31, 2009 8:01 pm


  • Peterson now scheduled to come visit the Hawks Sunday per La Conforta
    Seahawkcanucknyc
    NET Bench Warmer
     
    Posts: 11
    Joined: Tue Jan 21, 2014 5:48 am


  • HawKnPeppa wrote:
    kf3339 wrote:
    Seymour wrote:Question??

    What does the leagues worst oline, an overweight and rattled "mobile" QB, and a new 32 yr old $6M RB that cannot pass block equal? :?: :idea:



    ^ This.

    AP isn't the answer to our offensive issues. They need to focus on the O-Line and hope RW decides to get back to being an athletic, mobile QB while he still can get the footsteps out of his head. But another season of being overweight, slow and taking a heavy pounding and he will be a smaller version of Dave Carr.


    Two lemmings running off the cliff in ignorant lockstep. What part of two serious injuries from early in the season do you no understand? Footsteps, overweight??? What total bullshit!



    Or, other posters may see the potential for the same issues starting to affect RW the way other past QB's became rattled and gun shy because of bad O-Line play. Just because some may not agree with you means only that. What neither of us did was insult the poster as you have done. :34853_doh:
    kf3339
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2382
    Joined: Mon Mar 05, 2007 6:52 pm


Next


It is currently Wed Dec 13, 2017 5:06 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]




Information
  • Who is online