How did we do on day 2

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
Very well. We added an immensely talented interior rusher with our first pick, after trading down multiple times and putting ourselves in a position to draft 6 day 2 players. That interior pass rusher fell because of motor questions, but he's going to the best possible location for his future.

We got a lineman who held his own in the SEC with outstanding versatility. Our line needs a guy like Pocic who has solid fundamentals in pass AND run blocking, and the tape to show it.

We added a corner with speed, decent length, plus ball skills and who is capable of covering his man like green on guacamole. He will immediately compete for CB2.

We added a safety/hybrid who figures to add depth to our defensive backfield. Great tackler, takes good angles, solid football player.

We added a run stuffing 3-technique to bolster our rotation. We want our guys fresh.

We added one of the best x-receivers in the draft at the end of the 3rd. Production and a great story too.

We came out looking good thus far.

chris98251

Reaction score
Malik McDowell

I see him as the new true Leo, I think being able to do that will give us the ability to keep Bennett and Avril as well as Clark fresher allowing us to run a Run with Pass rush ability on downs that are run or option downs and then bring a Rush package in with our three rush guys and rotating them.

Ethan Pocic

Can play Center for us if needed, but I think he is the future at RG or LG as well as a stop gap RT or LT when the need arises, played in a spread and Pro offense so also may take some pressure off Russell early with ability to make Line calls letting Wilson focus more on reads and defenses. Many don't know him and I didn't either, was was rated highly in may playing situations, Combine wasn't the best but there have been a lot of lineman that didn't do well there and became really good players.

Shaquill Griffin

Really like this kid, looks like a faster Sherman, I think he takes the Right side early and we have speed, ball skills and a tackler and press coverage guy right away. He could be Sherms future replacement.

Delano Hill

He is about 20 pounds lighter then Kam but hits like him, can cover, won't be a Kam type SS, but who is? He can play SS but I think Lane just got put on notice for the Nickle, the kid can cover and can hit and play the run.

Nazair Jones

Run stuffer, we needed a guy here that can eat space and running backs that's younger then the seasoned Vets we have been getting, paired with Reed the inside and our rotation just got a lot tougher.

Amara Darboh

I said in another thread he reminds me of David Boston before his down fall, others said Sidney Rice or Anquan Boldin, either way he is going to push Kearse off the roster, bigger and better consistency, they say he is a body catcher, that will need to be worked on since Russell throws the ball high and away a lot, very good blocker, we will have to see how fast he can get used to catching and trusting his hands instead of his body, Kearse may stick one more year but if this kid pans out we may have found the guy we have been looking for since Mike Williams.

I think if you look past the names and look at the ability we did very well, we use players to their strengths also and I think we have a few gems that with putting them in places to excel and play loose as well as aggressive we will be pleasantly surprised. We have addressed just about everything this board has been talking about, O line with draft and free agents, D line depth, secondary depth and a possible starter opposite Sherman and still have three more rounds.

AgentDib

Reaction score
Our defensive line is looking awesome.

Michael Bennett
Malik McDowell
Cliff Avril
Frank Clark
Ahtyba Rubin
Jarran Reed
Nazair Jones
Dion Jordan
Quinton Jefferson
Cassius Marsh

titan3131

Reaction score
This is the best thread on .net about the draft picks. What the above posters said is spot on. We are killing this draft and setting ourselves up to continue this dynasty run.

Ignore the snowflakes crying over husky dbs, or the 2 top Olinemen.

10/10 so far need a lb like biegel tomorrow.

flmmkrz

Reaction score
titan3131":2nokd3l7 said:
This is the best thread on .net about the draft picks. What the above posters said is spot on. We are killing this draft and setting ourselves up to continue this dynasty run.

I agree we are having a very good draft but why the husky hate. Can't be upset that seattle fans would want some local kids to stick around.

chris98251

Reaction score
flmmkrz":3g70k3pn said:
titan3131":3g70k3pn said:

I agree we are having a very good draft but why the husky hate. Can't be upset that seattle fans would want some local kids to stick around.

He did not say anything bad about the Huskies, he said ignore the negatives about not drafting one.

Rob12

Reaction score
sc85sis":jx4gwdrs said:
I have no clue how accurate any of that is, but THANK YOU for posting it.

Looked pretty spot on to me.

It's not all sunshine and lollipops though. McDowell has some questions. Work ethic/motor. But he's just 20, one of the youngest defensive linemen ever drafted, but I think he'll be given plenty of motivation to get after it from our defensive guys.

My favorite pick from today is Delano Hill. Just a really good football player.

Today was a good day.

sutz

Reaction score
I wasn't aware that a positive thread about the draft was allowed. :twisted:

Thanks for the comments, guys! :D