Kevin Pierre-Louis Traded

Milehighhawk

Reaction score
King Dog":20tvh35w said:
https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/890967926999797761

Remember when our scout or Schneider (can't remember which one) compared him to Bowman as a player he reminded him of? Good times good times....

Interesting move. LB/Special teamer for LB/special teamer.

dutchcoug

Reaction score
Why would KC give up a Special Teams Pro Bowler for KPL? Unless they are getting a draft pick too and it hasn't been announced.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
You could tell from day one that Pete was frustrated with KPL, never played tough enough or developed into the LB we drafted him to be............................. and I think his MONUMENTAL blunder holding penalty in the playoff game against Atlanta was the last straw.

IMO this is a good trade for us, we have plenty of LB depth now to not miss KPL, and we got a great special teams player in return.

jdemps

Reaction score
SF bay area, shaping young minds with a tinge of H
I think the soft knock on KPL existed in college too. All the speed and size but no desire to do the dirty work.

To me, this move says that KPL wasn't going to get any playing time whatsoever so why not trade him for someone who is decidedly better on teams. To my eye, special teams were a weakness last year and this move could help. Cautiously optimistic.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Our special teams STUNK last year. Alexander is the latest piece to correct this. Love it.

Figured KPL would have panned out but it just never clicked unfortunately. All the athleticism in the world, but didn't translate over.

gowazzu02

Reaction score
King Dog":wjdilzt6 said:
https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/890967926999797761

Remember when our scout or Schneider (can't remember which one) compared him to Bowman as a player he reminded him of? Good times good times....

The measurables were there. The heart wasn't.....But nice dig at pc/js good times....

GLio14

Reaction score
I know KPL has been battling a lot with his own demons so I hope he succeeds in KC.

I can't forget however, that penalty that essentially screwed us over against Atlanta. That was so brutal.

nanomoz

Reaction score
What a horrible trade . . . for the Chiefs! Go Schneidy!

mistaowen

Reaction score
Love the trade, this guy is a special team stud and that unit needs some work.

LolaRox

Reaction score
I am encouraged by this trade. This team needs to improve depth and if this guy is an upgrade in any way (which it seems like it might be) it's a step in the right direction. I hope there are other hanger-ons at the bottom of the roster that they move on from this year as well.

I never thought KPL was a good football player or maybe just not a good fit for this team. I wish him well in KC.

Bobblehead

Reaction score
ON the Chiefs board, they are outraged to lose a great ST player, but seem to think his linebacking skills sucked.

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
Its probably somewhat of a push. KPL is probably the better linebacker while Alexander is the better special teamer. Both teams got what they wanted with neither player being all that coveted.

chris98251

Reaction score
Next year we will be talking about the All Pro Strong Safety for the Chiefs and how did he get away from us. They seem to have a magic touch with our cast offs.

Polk738

Reaction score
chris98251":4jmrus7j said:
Next year we will be talking about the All Pro Strong Safety for the Chiefs and how did he get away from us. They seem to have a magic touch with our cast offs.

No doubt, it kills me to know we could've had Spencer Ware

c_hawkbob

Reaction score
dutchcoug":2d2qvqfy said:
Why would KC give up a Special Teams Pro Bowler for KPL? Unless they are getting a draft pick too and it hasn't been announced.

Both are exceptional athletes that never lived up to expectations, sometimes a change is just what the doctor ordered. This could be a good trade on all sides.

ivotuk

Reaction score
Polk738":ro2w04ri said:
chris98251":ro2w04ri said:

No doubt, it kills me to know we could've had Spencer Ware

Ware now had a better offensive line, which makes him better. I don't think he was the type of guy that created yardage behind a bad line like our current roster of RBs, especially Thomas Rawls.

Love this trade. We have too many bad memories to keep one more glaring one around.