Kenny Easley to be enshrined to the Hall Of Fame today...

BlueThunder

Reaction score
Don't miss it! NFL Network later today... So awesome... And so deserved! Back in those days, he was my favorite Seahawk. Bad man... Very bad man... :twisted:

West TX Hawk

Reaction score
Awesome day for Seahawk nation! So happy he's finally in and garnering the recognition he's always deserved.

Hawkstorian

Reaction score
He said we need to do the WAVE for old times sake when he's in Seattle October for the Colts game. I think we can make that happen!

If only Bill the Beerman could be there....

kidhawk

Reaction score
c_hawkbob":39w3w1ku said:
LOL! Kenny was a bit long winded ... so much so they wound up having to shut off his teleprompter on him!

No such thing as long winded in this instance. He deserved as much time as he wanted/needed.

Hawkscanner

Reaction score
kidhawk":3gr8q5f7 said:
c_hawkbob":3gr8q5f7 said:
LOL! Kenny was a bit long winded ... so much so they wound up having to shut off his teleprompter on him!

No such thing as long winded in this instance. He deserved as much time as he wanted/needed.

Absolutely. After all that HE'S been through in his life?!? Whoooo! You betcha. Never was a truer word ever said. I can't think of another guy more deserving of the Hall of Fame who's more long been denied entry than Kenny Easley. Without a doubt the best safety I ever saw. Could you imagine pairing Easley in his prime with Earl Thomas?!? [Shudder] Easley alone would make the Legion of Boom twice as good.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Hawkscanner":3lo5ux9h said:
kidhawk":3lo5ux9h said:
c_hawkbob":3lo5ux9h said:

Absolutely. After all that HE'S been through in his life?!? Whoooo! You betcha. Never was a truer word ever said. I can't think of another guy more deserving of the Hall of Fame who's more long been denied entry than Kenny Easley. Without a doubt the best safety I ever saw. Could you imagine pairing Easley in his prime with Earl Thomas?!? [Shudder] Easley alone would make the Legion of Boom twice as good.
.....and the guy doesn't hold a grudge for it taking so long. Pretty awesome that he gave huge props to Ronnie Lott, who was behind the big push to get Kenny where he rightfully belonged. Loved the fact he gave thanks to mama blue and the 12's.
A great day to be a fan of Kenny Easley and the Seattle Seahawks! :2thumbs:

OP
OP
BlueThunder

BlueThunder

Reaction score
That was just awesome.... I teared up a few times. Was funny though how they cut him off... But the Seattle stuff was great. I love how he picked a few Seahawks out that should be in the Hall... Jacob Green was amongst them, as well as Shaun Alexander (which I would disagree with). Kenny needs to raise the flag for the Home Opener. It shouldn't even be a discussion.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
I'm very happy that Kenny Easley was at last inducted to the HOF. He deserves to be recognized as a genuine HOF football player and Safety.

He certainly played football with a ferociousness that was incredible to watch. His play was one of the many reasons that cemented my fandom to the team. I'm very pleased he finally was recognized the way he should have been earlier.

His speech link above and the available full text version is worth a read. Thanks for those links Hawkscanner :2thumbs:

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
AND I missed it because I was cutting wood for the winter. Got done with a 2 week job that had me running around with my head cut off for about 6 days out of all the 2 weeks.

Thanks for posting the memory and I shall watch the enshrinement as soon as I get time.

GO HAWKS.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Just got back from a camping trip this weekend and sat down and watched his Gold Jacket ceremony and his speech. I am so proud that he made it to the HoF. So deserving, even if the wait was longer than it should have been.

Now about that bust...

Who the heck is that bust of because it sure isn't Kenny's! Both my wife and I looked at each other the moment it was revealed and started chuckling. Not out of disrespect but honest, "Uh, that doesn't look anything like him!"

First of all, the HAIR! When did Kenny ever have long, wavy hair?? Not to rain on the parade in the least, but come on bust makers, couldn't you do a little better?

I realize some busts look nothing like the recipient while others are pretty close. I just wish they would have gotten a little closer for Kenny but all the same, what a terrific event and I was so thrilled to watch Kenny give his speech. And his humility towards Ronnie Lott (a class act himself) really shows Kenny's depth of character.

The Original Enforcer!

OP
OP
BlueThunder

BlueThunder

Reaction score
That's exactly what my wife and I were saying... When the hell did Kenny have wavy hair?? lol I'm pretty sure it's that a fro is kinda hard to do in bronze... Kinda like that bust of Ken Griffey Jr. Really? lol

Seanhawk

Reaction score
kidhawk":2d4tf3zt said:
c_hawkbob":2d4tf3zt said:

Agreed, but he kind of lost me when he started lobbying for Dave Krieg to be in the Hall of Fame.

kidhawk

Reaction score
BlueThunder":7on6mpzi said:
That was just awesome.... I teared up a few times. Was funny though how they cut him off... But the Seattle stuff was great. I love how he picked a few Seahawks out that should be in the Hall... Jacob Green was amongst them, as well as Shaun Alexander (which I would disagree with). Kenny needs to raise the flag for the Home Opener. It shouldn't even be a discussion.

He said during his speech that he was going to be in town for the Colts game in October (October 1). I am assuming here, as I haven't heard anything official, but it would make sense if he were to raise the flag and get a halftime ceremony while he's here.

I'm just disappointed that he finished his sentence about being in town for a game in October, with "against the Colts". There are only 2 games in October and I'm coming in for the other one. I would have loved for them to have coincided. Actually, If I'd have known he was going to be there for the Colts game, I may have made that my trip, but I'm already booked, so I'll have to settle for whatever videos .com puts up. I doubt much (if any) of it makes to the television.

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
kidhawk":21nuxecp said:
BlueThunder":21nuxecp said:

He said during his speech that he was going to be in town for the Colts game in October (October 1). I am assuming here, as I haven't heard anything official, but it would make sense if he were to raise the flag and get a halftime ceremony while he's here.

I'm just disappointed that he finished his sentence about being in town for a game in October, with "against the Colts". There are only 2 games in October and I'm coming in for the other one. I would have loved for them to have coincided. Actually, If I'd have known he was going to be there for the Colts game, I may have made that my trip, but I'm already booked, so I'll have to settle for whatever videos .com puts up. I doubt much (if any) of it makes to the television.

If someone is there, it may make it to Youtube.

Latest posts