Kasen Williams made the 53 tonight

West TX Hawk

Reaction score
And not because of the TD but because that ST tackle clinched it. Our new gunner right there. Great form tackle and high speed charging down the lane. I look forward to seeing him every Sunday.

Atradees

Reaction score
I like his catch radius. He did drop an easy one...comes with the territory. Amara can have the gunner role. I would rather protect Williams and put him in our top 4 receivers. My 2 cents...

Cyrus12

Reaction score
So who's cut then? Say it a thousand times Kearse has no role on this team anymore except for being pals with rw and adb

getnasty

Reaction score
Baldwin, Lockett, Kearse, Richardson, Williams, Darboh.

sutz

Reaction score
With his pre-season results, seems like he would be a big risk to try and pass waivers. :229031_shrug:

Reaction score
He has been playing lights out! I think hes a lock or He got robbed! With his special teams ability only heps his cause. I hope we roll with seven and keep Tanner McEvoy because I really think he could be special he is like a Swiss army knife.

OP
OP
West TX Hawk

West TX Hawk

Reaction score
getnasty":2hvubly2 said:
Baldwin, Lockett, Kearse, Richardson, Williams, Darboh.

That very well could be the 6. Williams has proven this PS to be one of the top 5 receivers and can contribute on ST-a must for the back end of the receiving corp. He has a dynamic vertical range and that drop shouldn't be held too much against him.

I do hate the thought of losing McElvoy. If Pete still has hopes for McE, he could stash Darboh on IR perhaps if he fears Darboh would be claimed. Moore and Grayson to the practice squad.

Seahawker86

Reaction score
honestly, he should be our #2 WR in the depth chart with Lockett and Richardson splitting #3 duties. You can see the talent, size, speed, hands.

If PC had the same mind set he did when he let players like RW and Sherman start over vets you would see him AND Carson starting over guys like Lockett and Rawls. IMO they are better

QuahHawk

Reaction score
Baldwin
Richardson
Lockett
Kearse
Williams
McKissic

Outside looking in
Darboh
McEvoy
Lawler

Missing_Clink

Reaction score
I would cut one of Kearse or PRich. Neither of them likely have a future here after this season based on contract status. Other option would be Darboh, who has yet to show he can do anything at this level. If any team would cut a 3rd round rookie, it's probably the Hawks.

Also have to consider that McKissic, or perhaps a similar player from another team who gets cut will make the Hawks' roster. They must have a backup return man for Lockett ready to go.

Seymour

Reaction score
kthebestwayw":3v5k8koj said:
honestly, he should be our #2 WR in the depth chart with Lockett and Richardson splitting #3 duties. You can see the talent, size, speed, hands.

If PC had the same mind set he did when he let players like RW and Sherman start over vets you would see him AND Carson starting over guys like Lockett and Rawls. IMO they are better

I really like what Williams brings to the team, and agree he should make the cut. But #2? Lets not get carried away here. Also, funny you mention speed when he is the slowest WR of that goup of 6 mentioned...and by a fair amount I might add.

vin.couve12

Reaction score
Seymour":l3f0bn9k said:
kthebestwayw":l3f0bn9k said:

I really like what Williams brings to the team, and agree he should make the cut. But #2? Lets not get carried away here. Also, funny you mention speed when he is the slowest WR of that goup of 6 mentioned...and by a fair amount I might add.
I really wouldn't say that. The injury he had was a lis franc OF ALL 5 TARSALS WITH a broken leg. The broken leg is infinitely easier to come back from. He was a 4.4 guy at one point, but had a very long road, years in fact, to come back from the heinous lis franc issues. The kid he was getting by in LA was a 4.4 guy himself.

It's reasonable to think that he's back to where he was before the injury. He wasn't at the UW pro day and that's why Cinci cut him for not passing his physical. Pete had scouted him since high school in Sammamish all the way from SoCal for a reason.

Seymour

Reaction score
Well I agree that is a good point those times are post injury and he may have improved his speed. My main point is, I'm not ready to put him over Lockett for sure, or Richardson for that matter.

Coug_Hawk08

Reaction score
I really enjoyed his TD. Throw to Kearse in back corner of end zone, 100% fail (same as last year). Next play, throw to Kasen in back for of end zone, TD.

He is definitely working hard for a spot! If we don't cut Kearse, I don't see Darboh making it over Kasen.

xStickybudz

Reaction score
Kasen is all out right now and I love what I see. I wouldn't shead a single tear if he took kearse role

vin.couve12

Reaction score
Seymour":jhnwi4i1 said:
Well I agree that is a good point those times are post injury and he may have improved his speed. My main point is, I'm not ready to put him over Lockett for sure, or Richardson for that matter.
Sure, that's fair. I'd say that it's also fair that Kasen's ability to go up and get it is tops on the team so situationally...those guys should absolutely take a seat so Kasen can get on the field in some cases. Different skillsets so to speak.

sutz

Reaction score
Coug_Hawk08":8sv6g87c said:
I really enjoyed his TD. Throw to Kearse in back corner of end zone, 100% fail (same as last year). Next play, throw to Kasen in back for of end zone, TD.

He is definitely working hard for a spot! If we don't cut Kearse, I don't see Darboh making it over Kasen.
That's actually on Russ, not Kearse. He threw the ball behind him, not to the pylon like he should have. With Williams, he threw the ball high enough for him to go up and get it.

But agreed, Kasem needs to make the 53. If it's at Kearse's expense, I can live with it. Kearse has made some great clutch catches for us over the years, but he's had his share of drops, too. I doubt he gets cut, though, both from the roster perspective and the money we owe him.

Seymour

Reaction score
vin.couve12":id0hm7pf said:
Kinds of amazed at that objectivity there. That pass was actually on RW.

I've been tough on Kearse since last year, but I have to admit....Russell seams cursed when throwing to Kearse. Whatever chemistry they once had, is now completely gone.