No Seriously. Where's the RO?

Optimus25

Reaction score
Zero looks today?

Am I in the twilight zone or is bevell seriously this frustrating?. Didn't it seem like as soon as Tennessee dialed up the RO that our ends started getting loose and the whole offense opened up for them?

Nothing darrell?. Not one damn look?

Or what about Lockett not getting the ball until garbage time?

Last i checked he's probably the fastest football speed guy on the field. What the hell is so complicated about getting him the ball?

If I'm missing something please help, but i currently have no idea where our RO went. Two seasons ago it seemed like 60% of our offense. And Russ killed it.

NFSeahawks

Reaction score
Optimus25":33wc32it said:
Zero looks today?

Am I in the twilight zone or is bevell seriously this frustrating?. Didn't it seem like as soon as Tennessee dialed up the RO that our ends started getting loose and the whole offense opened up for them?

Nothing darrell?. Not one damn look?

Or what about Lockett not getting the ball until garbage time?

Last i checked he's probably the fastest football speed guy on the field. What the hell is so complicated about getting him the ball?

If I'm missing something please help, but i currently have no idea where our RO went. Two seasons ago it seemed like 60% of our offense. And Russ killed it.

Bevell doesn't know how to coach, or go with whats working.

It even worked last week and so he thought because it worked he would stop doing it.

I'm over it, were just going to get mediocrity until he's gone anyway.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
Tennessee Offense looked a WHOLE lot like 2012-2013 Seahawks Offense today. Read option, big plays, running the ball down the Defense's throat with big, bruising runs. I was a little jealous we don't have that anymore.

Smellyman

Reaction score
I just posted this in another thread. It's frustrating.

Wilson was also 500-900 yards of the rush offense. Don't even run the Read Optioin anymore. Lynch AND Wilson kept the D off balance not being able to key on either.

It's a head scratcher. Mariota threat of actually keeping the ball made the Seahawk D honor him.

Defenses playing the Hawks aren't honoring anything. Nothing is scary.

Coug_Hawk08

Reaction score
I think Russ hurt his ankles. Taped them up heavy after the body slam play. Might have played a part in no read option.

OP
OP
O

Optimus25

Reaction score
Flyingsquad23":3oeb8eqw said:
433 yards of offense is mediocre?

Denial is ugly. Stats don't win games and actually often don't tell the story.

Tennessee did all they had to do to slow us down and that includes a soft defense down the stretch, giving up chunks, or stats, as you call them.

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
A bunch of posters on a forum think they know the game better than a guy who has been coaching football for the last 20 years. Ok.

OP
OP
O

Optimus25

Reaction score
Coug_Hawk08":2527yrms said:
I think Russ hurt his ankles. Taped them up heavy after the body slam play. Might have played a part in no read option.
That's viable, but late Russ did have a first down run where he looked plenty explosive. But I'm actually saying it should be a part of our identity again, ie, early and often.

The Hammer

Reaction score
Hawk-Lock":f366u8g5 said:
A bunch of posters on a forum think they know the game better than a guy who has been coaching football for the last 20 years. Ok.

Well, yeah

OP
OP
O

Optimus25

Reaction score
Hawk-Lock":16jpud6p said:

Please explain how our offensive scheme could get worse. This is complete abysmal failure combined with zero adaptability.

Blind homerism to anyone shouldn't be tolerated, regardless of resume.

Russ looks like he is literally never coached. Like he's made it to the top and now he's the anointed one. Zero improvement week to week. Just same old late game hero.

How about the proper way to throw a fade?

How about the proper way to throw a ball without it sailing?

How about how to get rid of a ball by spiking it at carsons feet instead of taking a thirty yard sack?

Crickets week in week out for three years and it all seems to be silenced by guys like you. Guys who rest on their laurels because of resumes, past performances, etc.

Always compete, unless you're in petes safe zone, ie, coach.

cymatica

Reaction score
Optimus25":107z83jv said:
Flyingsquad23":107z83jv said:
433 yards of offense is mediocre?

Denial is ugly. Stats don't win games and actually often don't tell the story.

Tennessee did all they had to do to slow us down and that includes a soft defense down the stretch, giving up chunks, or stats, as you call them.

No kidding. Most of the yards came in Wilson desparation/hurry up. They waited WAY too late to start playing with urgency. When Wilson struggled, and the run game started going, it was abandoned.

Where was the 4th quarter hurry up most the game. Why not mix it in when thats the ONLY damn time you score?

Flyingsquad23

Reaction score
Mariotta had 27 yards on the ground and Russ had 26... What did they do that was so special

Flyingsquad23

Reaction score
No denial, the offense gave the team a lead twice. 9,8,12 the number of plays in 3 td drives, what more do you want.

cymatica

Reaction score
Hawk-Lock":36ojw6q4 said:

Probably 95% of the country recognize the offense ineptitude. Theres a 5% margin of error

OP
OP
O

Optimus25

Reaction score
Flyingsquad23":2w5yftuo said:
Mariotta had 27 yards on the ground and Russ had 26... What did they do that was so special

You and stats lol.

You see friend, mariota did his yardage when the game was locked, and therefore greatly affected our defensive front for a majority of the game moving forward.

Wilson, otoh, did most of his rushing in what we call garbage time. When they really didn't mind the 8, 10,12 yard gains, because the clock was the bigger enemy. Or even just keeping him in bounds was the bigger objective.

Stats. Must. Have. Meaning. Otherwise. Disregard.

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
Optimus25":1bmipjsl said:
Hawk-Lock":1bmipjsl said:

Please explain how our offensive scheme could get worse. This is complete abysmal failure combined with zero adaptability.

Blind homerism to anyone shouldn't be tolerated, regardless of resume.

Russ looks like he is literally never coached. Like he's made it to the top and now he's the anointed one. Zero improvement week to week. Just same old late game hero.

How about the proper way to throw a fade?

How about the proper way to throw a ball without it sailing?

How about how to get rid of a ball by spiking it at carsons feet instead of taking a thirty yard sack?

Crickets week in week out for three years and it all seems to be silenced by guys like you. Guys who rest on their laurels because of resumes, past performances, etc.

Always compete, unless you're in petes safe zone, ie, coach.

I'm not a genius so I don't know, but I do know the coaches on this team should not be taking advice from fans on a forum. We don't see and know everything, we only see what is on the surface. No different than those who complained about Darboh making it over Kasen, we only saw the preseason games, not all the hours of practice. There is probably a reason why we didn't go to the read option. Why, I don't know, but the coaches don't share everything with the public.

Btw I'm pretty sure RW has thrown plenty of successful fades. He's had some bad ones, but so has every great QB including Brady.

It's easy to knock the offense, but when you are RW and multiple defensive linemen are coming at your face, you don't always make the right play.

Flyingsquad23

Reaction score
Optimus25":1qwfya1u said:
Flyingsquad23":1qwfya1u said:

You and stats lol.

You see friend, mariota did his yardage when the game was locked, and therefore greatly affected our defensive front for a majority of the game moving forward.

Wilson, otoh, did most of his rushing in what we call garbage time. When they really didn't mind the 8, 10,12 yard gains, because the clock was the bigger enemy. Or even just keeping him in bounds was the bigger objective.

Stats. Must. Have. Meaning. Otherwise. Disregard.

The poster above was pining for a QB run game like the Titans, I merely pointed out that he did nothing of consequence.
And the truth s stats do tell a very complete story if you look at all of them in respect to the game played. That is why all of the worlds sports team utilize stat analyst to help with their evaluations.

Latest posts