It's all my fault!

Aussie Seahawk

Reaction score
A stupid statement, of course. But how stupid am I? Well, I'll tell you all...

Was following the game the only way available to me, it not being on TV in Australia, on the NFL Game Center page. I was waiting for a friend to drop in with some video files, including last week's game, which he scarfed off the Usenet. When he arrived, Baldwin had just scored the touchdown to put us ahead 14-10, with 1:40 to play.

As we hadn't seen each other for a while, I did not follow the rest of the game... and yes, I STUPIDLY assumed we'd WON!

Of course I got a terrible shock when he left, 30 minutes or so after the game, when I went back to the Game Center page.

I've watched this wonderful sport for over 30 years - how could I be so stupid as to assume 1:40 left on the clock is "always" going to preserve a four-point lead?

Ad Hawk

Reaction score
This works both ways for the Hawks. The game isn't over until the clock says 00:00.

When Russ has the ball with 45 seconds left down one score, there's always a chance we'll score, too, as we've seen many times.

Sorry for the shock you felt. It wasn't much more pleasant watching the Skins last last drive live either.

seahawkfreak

Reaction score
I expect 50 up downs. 10 50 yard wind sprints, 200 yards of bear crawls and 50 yards of duck walks with your hands behind your head.

This type of shenanigans will not be tolerated. Take it as a lesson.

Joking aside I remember watching the Chicago game in 2012 on that crummy cbs sports play by play graphic. Don't know how many times I thought we lost that game. At least we won though.