Forget Bevell,Walsh,Cable,Lane etc.

getnasty

Reaction score
Russell Wilson needs to be better, I'm sure he'll turn it around in the second half like he always does but his slow starts are getting old. Yes I expect more out of Wilson then I do any other player on the team.

nwHawk

Reaction score
When was the last game that we started off with a run on the first play? Teams have adjusted and game plan accordingly. Sure our running game is #$%&, but we are feeding into our own misery.

northseahawk

Reaction score
Seymour":2iw04xyl said:
Those 4 drops are on Wilson too.

No. But the almost 3 INT, not seeing wide open guys, making stupid choices, running when he doesn't have too, etc, etc are on Wilson!! He is a freaked veteran now, but playing like a rookie still. Actually he had a more respectable game as a rookie than now.

renofox

Reaction score
RW has his fair share of responsibility for the slow starts on offense that have been plaguing this team.

This is something that is fixable with proper coaching and play calling. It hasn't yet been fixed.

In the end, full responsibility goes to the coaching staff.

Anthony!

Reaction score
northseahawk":2al4w23w said:
Seymour":2al4w23w said:
Those 4 drops are on Wilson too.

No. But the almost 3 INT, not seeing wide open guys, making stupid choices, running when he doesn't have too, etc, etc are on Wilson!! He is a freaked veteran now, but playing like a rookie still. Actually he had a more respectable game as a rookie than now.

And this is why I foed him, This statement "but playing like a rookie still. Actually he had a more respectable game as a rookie than now." shows no football knowledge at all. so back to being ignored

ducks41468

Reaction score
The slow starts are by design. Notice how the only two games in which he's played well were the Atlanta and Houston games where our defense couldn't get stops and forced our offense to keep up. Wilson can play well when the coaching staff feels like it. God forbid we actually take a double-digit lead in the first half of a game.

Anthony!

Reaction score
ducks41468":3v5jc7so said:
The slow starts are by design. Notice how the only two games in which he's played well were the Atlanta and Houston games where our defense couldn't get stops and forced our offense to keep up. Wilson can play well when the coaching staff feels like it. God forbid we actually take a double-digit lead in the first half of a game.

exactly, I mean I feel like people dont really care what the coaches have said or what acrually happens just what they want. PC has said the script first 15 and ar eusign first half to probe, then they open up in the 2nd. SO you want to complain about slow starts you know were to go. Its like the whole not seeing guys are open, great they were open when you saw them, but were they open when it was their turn in the progression, were they at theright distance for the down, was the ball already throw, was there someone else open as well. When it comes right down to it the only one that knows for sure is Russell and he has earned to be trusted.

Scorpion05

Reaction score
This is a ridiculous thread. Not because Russell doesn't miss throws like damn near every other QB. Not because he's held to an impossible standard. But because he has virtually no running game to speak of, a suspect defense, and STILL continues to come out and keep us in games or outright win it. I am just outright baffled by the inability to be reasonable around here. He's doing something only Rodgers or Brady could do week in and week out. Until he gets a proper running game this thread is patently absurd

OP
OP
G

getnasty

Reaction score
Scorpion05":3uunodps said:
This is a ridiculous thread. Not because Russell doesn't miss throws like damn near every other QB. Not because he's held to an impossible standard. But because he has virtually no running game to speak of, a suspect defense, and STILL continues to come out and keep us in games or outright win it. I am just outright baffled by the inability to be reasonable around here. He's doing something only Rodgers or Brady could do week in and week out. Until he gets a proper running game this thread is patently absurd

Maybe I'm wrong and it's just the people around Russell that are better in the second half thus Russ is better but in my opinion the only difference between the first half and the second half is 100% RW. Is that fair? Probably not but when your the franchise QB and making 22 million a year we need 4 quarters not 2 1/2. Might work against the 49ers and other mediocre team, almost worked against Washington and Atlanta but it's not gonna work against good teams.

renofox

Reaction score
Scorpion05":3sjxejol said:

I don't think anybody here is disputing RW's excellence, only the timing. If you were to go back and watch only the first halves of games this year, you wouldn't think RW was a special QB. If you were to watch only second halves, you would think he was the MVP and a hall of fame lock.

So what needs to be done to have 2nd half RW consistently show up in the 1st half?

cymatica

Reaction score
Put any qb behind this oline for 5 years and their name would replace David Carr. The fact that Wilson has racked up the numbers he has is pretty amazing. Even with all those misses he is having a damn good season.

TheLegendOfBoom

Reaction score
Russell has basically won all of the games other than the Rams game himself.

All of the coaches have been terrible at some point this year.

Steve2222

Reaction score
Scorpion05":3lff3sed said:

Amen. Currently he is the only QB in the league carrying his team every single week. He’s the MVP of the season if it was awarded how it should be.

Seafan

Reaction score
ducks41468":1qln3m58 said:

Atlanta? He spotted them a 14 point lead. The staff and RW can't turn it on when they want. The Hawks are 7-4 with a middling schedule which says exactly what kind of team they are.

Steve2222

Reaction score
Seafan":mze3uvkw said:
ducks41468":mze3uvkw said:

Atlanta? He spotted them a 14 point lead. The staff and RW can't turn it on when they want. The Hawks are 7-4 with a middling schedule which says exactly what kind of team they are.

To be fair they’re looking 9-2 right in the face with a competent kicker

CostaRicaHawk

Reaction score
Seafan":2peiybjt said:
ducks41468":2peiybjt said:

Amazing!~ I thought the first 7 points were scored against our defense. How is that against Russell. Maybe you should watch and pay more attention, 10 points at the most. Think about pulling your head out of your A** :pukeface:

Anthony!

Reaction score
getnasty":1y30proz said:
Scorpion05":1y30proz said:

Maybe I'm wrong and it's just the people around Russell that are better in the second half thus Russ is better but in my opinion the only difference between the first half and the second half is 100% RW. Is that fair? Probably not but when your the franchise QB and making 22 million a year we need 4 quarters not 2 1/2. Might work against the 49ers and other mediocre team, almost worked against Washington and Atlanta but it's not gonna work against good teams.

okay I am going to try this one more time. they script the first 15 palys which sometimes takes up the whole first qtr. Then they keep probing so that in the 2nd half they can do something that is straight form PC so argue with him. Other than that not sure what you are saying.

Anthony!

Reaction score
renofox":2awcvkjd said:
Scorpion05":2awcvkjd said:

I don't think anybody here is disputing RW's excellence, only the timing. If you were to go back and watch only the first halves of games this year, you wouldn't think RW was a special QB. If you were to watch only second halves, you would think he was the MVP and a hall of fame lock.

So what needs to be done to have 2nd half RW consistently show up in the 1st half?

tell your head coach to let him loose in the frst half instead of holding them back, ie 15 scripted plays etc