Is the Defense better without Chancellor and Sherman?

Mistashoesta

Reaction score
Blasphemy. I know. But Shaq is a straight baller. McDougal and Coleman are about average but with Thomas watching over I can't help but think they look a step or two faster. Sure the run defense misses Chancellors stout presence as backup, but maybe, just maybe, we may be better off. What say you?

knownone

Reaction score
I don't know about better, but McDougald gives this team more flexibility in coverage than Kam... He's not nearly as impactful in the run game though.

OP
OP
Mistashoesta

Mistashoesta

Reaction score
knownone":32lp5fn7 said:
I don't know about better, but McDougald gives this team more flexibility in coverage than Kam... He's not nearly as impactful in the run game though.

Okay maybe not better, but maybe the sky isn't falling after all and the young dogs will be able to hold it down.

SlickRick

Reaction score
Shaq is going to replace Sherman, and McDougald is the real deal I said it when we signed him he is a beast. If I'm not mistaken he intercepted Wilson 3 times in there game against the bucs last year

Chancellor is no longer missed imo we found our new guy

chris98251

Reaction score
Don't mistake a defense that could rest between series for one that was on the fieild a lot because the offense did nothing but three and out, Max is doing a good job, he needs to play through the whistle and not relax when he thinks the play is going away or is going to be finished. Shaq is going to dominate soon, McDougal is a starter, he plays pass better but Kam plays the run better, the seam pattern isn't there however when McDougal is in.

Jeremy517

Reaction score
It is becoming harder and harder to tell when people are trolling/being facetious.

evergreen

Reaction score
Yeah these young guys are stepping up. I wonder even about niko Thorpe too. I saw we were giving up 4.2 yards a play. In 2013 we were 4.3 and the jaguars are 4.5. It's not over.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
No, but they'll hold down the fort nicely. Wentz didn't have a lot of options against our coverage.

Grahamhawker

Reaction score
chris98251":2a75mv8z said:
Don't mistake a defense that could rest between series for one that was on the fieild a lot because the offense did nothing but three and out, Max is doing a good job, he needs to play through the whistle and not relax when he thinks the play is going away or is going to be finished. Shaq is going to dominate soon, McDougal is a starter, he plays pass better but Kam plays the run better, the seam pattern isn't there however when McDougal is in.

^This^

Healthy Sherm easily picks the Wentz junk pass to Agholor that Max missed.

Plus game for Maxwell overall, though.

vin.couve12

Reaction score
I think what we're seeing is Wagner picking up a lot of the slack overall. From the horses mouth, he's having to take over a lot of the clarity of calls to the back end. The root reason why the SS was "the head" of the secondary was due to proximity to the MLB, who calls the initial plays in the huddle, and likewise can communicate back via that same proximity conduit, the SS, if he wants to make a change himself. Wagner and Kam had worked really well together over the years, basically always on the same page. Luckly, McDougald seems to really fit in well as that conduit and is even making a play here and there himself. He's a drop off from Kam, but that's not really saying anything to a normal SS. As for the Corner part of it, it's more of a technique type of position being mostly cover 3. It's the man coverage that is often just there or not. We seem to be getting by there. AND, I'm excited to see Shead come back.

chris98251

Reaction score
pmedic920":2lcl3o5j said:
Are pancakes better without syrup ?

Guess it’s a matter of perspective and personal taste.

Screw Pancakes, Pancakes are dead, French Toast is where it's at. Well unless it's a Twat Waffle then no matter how much syrup it won't taste well.

SeahawksCanuck

Reaction score
No, just no. But I also don't think their loss automatically takes the Seahawks out of contention.

getnasty

Reaction score
I'm not sure how much I'm missing Kam but Sherms absence is definitely felt.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
That deep 45-yard prayer Wentz threw was probably a pick with Sherman there instead of an incompletion. Not sure what the OP is smoking, but it must be good. :)

seahawkfreak

Reaction score
vin.couve12":2pyxivaf said:
I think what we're seeing is Wagner picking up a lot of the slack overall. From the horses mouth, he's having to take over a lot of the clarity of calls to the back end. The root reason why the SS was "the head" of the secondary was due to proximity to the MLB, who calls the initial plays in the huddle, and likewise can communicate back via that same proximity conduit, the SS, if he wants to make a change himself. Wagner and Kam had worked really well together over the years, basically always on the same page. Luckly, McDougald seems to really fit in well as that conduit and is even making a play here and there himself. He's a drop off from Kam, but that's not really saying anything to a normal SS. As for the Corner part of it, it's more of a technique type of position being mostly cover 3. It's the man coverage that is often just there or not. We seem to be getting by there. AND, I'm excited to see Shead come back.

Great statement. I don't think McDougald is better in the run but I'm ok with good tackles and his coverage has been great. These guys have each others backs and we have Bobby as a leader similar to Kam's style. Oh yeah, we still have a bad ass ET. Really happy with how the D has come together right now.