Seahawks.NET AMAZON STOREFRONT

Aros' Fearless Prediction Thread (Seahawks @ Jaguars)

The Essential Online Seattle Football Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. LANGUAGE RATING: PG-13
  • Ah what the hell, a day early...

This is precisely the game the Seahawks lose. Coming off a huge emotional win, having to travel 20 miles short of 3,000 miles to play an AFC team that happens to possess the league's #1 defense.

Yet I am strangely confident about this game. Why? Two simple reasons.

Blake Bortels and Russell Wilson in December. Checkmate.

Aros' Fearless Prediction: Seahawks 23 - Jaguars 13

Aros' Fearless Record: 9 - 3

There are three certainties in life. Death, taxes and the perpetual shuffling of the Seattle Seahawks offensive line.
    Aros
    [[ .NET Godfather ]]

• I'll pick the hawks too, but I think we will have Red Zone troubles this week. I see a low scoring game.

16-13 Hawks

9-3 YTD
    Wenhawk
    NET Veteran

• I wasn't sure the Hawks could play a clean game and beat an elite team and I was wrong. I was expecting another sloppy game like the Falcons game: A game the Hawks could win, but they just didn't play good enough. It's going to take more of what we saw Sunday night to beat the Jags. Calais Campbell has been wreaking havoc and he has always feasted on Wilson. Hopefully the Hawks are ready, but before I predict a win against another good Defense I need the Hawks to prove it again.

Seahawks 13
    Jaguars 16

My Record to Date: 8-4
    Radish and Cheinhill — Gone, but not forgotten
    HawkFan72
    * NET Moderator *

• It's December....and the Hawks always win in December.

Hawks 24
    Jags 13
    Proud Member of the .Net Old Farts Society
    Bigpumpkin
    NET Veteran

• Jags - 17
    Hawks - 16

I've been wrong all year so lets continue the trend
    pittpnthrs
    NET Starter

• Hawks- 27
    Jags- 17
    L.O.B.
    raisethe3
    NET Veteran

• Seems this thread occurs earlier every week. Like Christmas music. Will we see the Rams prediction thread before the end of the week? ;)

I'll edit this post with my prediction once I see the Friday injury report.

EDIT: We got a ref who throws flags.

JAX 17
    SEA 9

YTD: 7-5
    Last edited by MontanaHawk05 on Sun Dec 10, 2017 1:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    GO HAWKS!!!

Visit my Seahawks blog at 17power.blogspot.com!
    MontanaHawk05
    * 17Power Blogger *

• Bigpumpkin wrote:It's December....and the Hawks always win in December.

Hawks 24
    Jags 13

My call exactly.
    LudwigsDrummer
    US Navy Air VP 56 `74-`78

• Aros wrote:Ah what the hell, a day early...

This is precisely the game the Seahawks lose. Coming off a huge emotional win, having to travel 20 miles short of 3,000 miles to play an AFC team that happens to possess the league's #1 defense.

Yet I am strangely confident about this game. Why? Two simple reasons.

Blake Bortels and Russell Wilson in December. Checkmate.

Aros' Fearless Prediction: Seahawks 23 - Jaguars 13

Aros' Fearless Record: 9 - 3

Great call Todd.
    LudwigsDrummer
    US Navy Air VP 56 `74-`78

• 2 things worry me about this game..

1. This game is on grass
    2. Calais Campbell

Hawks 23
    Jags 20

In OT
    "Practice without improvement is meaningless" - Chuck Knox
    Hawk_Nation
    NET Veteran

• Hawk_Nation wrote:2 things worry me about this game..

1. This game is on grass
    2. Calais Campbell

Hawks 23
    Jags 20

In OT

Spot on! Campbell is a freaking beast. I'm honestly concerned for Wilson's safety if he gets hit by him...
    semiahmoo wrote:I'll say it again - this is Pete's last season in Seattle if the teams doesn't make a legit hard run deep into the playoffs.
    Jerhawk
    NET Veteran

• 20 points against the Jags defense would be very impressive in my opinion. We cannot afford any turnovers against these guys, which will be tough given how good they are at forcing them. Bortles can absolutely beat us, but the chances of that are slim if we put some pressure on him. Shut down the run, force Bortles to beat us through the air, play physically against their receivers, and sack Blake. Their WR corp is decimated but underrated. Heard good things about Westbrook and Cole and Hurns might be coming back. Marquise lee could be great if he didn't commit as many critical drops.

Let's go with 20-16 Seahawks.
    adeltaY
    NET Veteran

• Jerhawk wrote:Campbell is a freaking beast. I'm honestly concerned for Wilson's safety if he gets hit by him...

You guys act as if we have never faced the man before. He's good, but he ain't God. Settle down, lol.

There are three certainties in life. Death, taxes and the perpetual shuffling of the Seattle Seahawks offensive line.
    Aros
    [[ .NET Godfather ]]

• Aros wrote:
    Jerhawk wrote:Campbell is a freaking beast. I'm honestly concerned for Wilson's safety if he gets hit by him...

You guys act as if we have never faced the man before. He's good, but he ain't God. Settle down, lol.

He single handedly destroyed some of our games while on the Cardinals. Joekel is no match for him.
    semiahmoo wrote:I'll say it again - this is Pete's last season in Seattle if the teams doesn't make a legit hard run deep into the playoffs.
    Jerhawk
    NET Veteran

• I mean he's basically wrecked us every time we faced him, especially at the Clink. That baseball swing celebration was a constant "spectacle" for us at home.
    adeltaY
    NET Veteran

• Honestly, as I take a look at this Jaguars team ... I see a "good" team ... but I just don't know that I see a "great" team. Sure on paper they have the #1 Defense in the NFL, but as I look at this team, I'm wondering if seeing a bit of a Macy's float here. Just consider their schedule since Week 6 ...

Week 6 -- vs. Rams (9-3) -- 27-17 Loss
    Week 7 -- @ Colts (3-9) -- 27-0 Win
    Week 8 -- BYE
    Week 9 -- vs. Bengals (5-7) -- 23-7 Win
    Week 10 -- vs. Chargers (6-6) -- 20-17 Win (OT)
    Week 11 -- @ Browns (0-12) -- 19-7 Win
    Week 12 -- @ Cardinals (5-7) -- 27-24 Loss
    Week 13 -- vs. Colts (3-9) -- 30-10 Win

Leonard Fournette has been a bit banged up with an ankle injury. He was held to just 25 yards rushing by the Cards ... and then just had 57 yards against the Colts (who aren't exactly known as a run stuffing team). So, I see the Seahawks doing what they do best -- stuffing the run and making this Jags team 1 dimensional. Sheldon Richardson was putting on a clinic against the Eagles, blowing things up, and tossing guys around like a rag doll. If Richardson, Clark, Bennett, and the rest of the Defensive Line can have that same kind of game as last week, then there is no way in the world that I see this Jags team beating the Seahawks.

That to me is the key to the game, as the Hawks are going to force Blake Bortles to beat them. No way. You'd have an easier time convincing me of the existence of alien life on other planets :greetingsearthling: than of Blake Bortles beating the Seattle Seahawks.

I know Calais Campbell is going to be problematic ... but since Duane Brown has come on board, this offensive line has improved immensely. I know that this is the #1 Pass Defense in the League ... but they are going up against arguably the best QB in the NFL in the month of December ...
    http://www.seahawks.net/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=143177

In the end, I look for Mr. December to look DangeRuss ... and for Davis to get enough yards on the ground to keep the defense honest. The Jags lost to a Rams team at home that is similar in many ways to us. I'm thinking that's pretty close to what's going to happen here.

I'm calling it ...
    Seahawks 24
    Jags 13
    Hawkscanner
    * NET Sage *

• Jags 9
    Seahawks 6
    NINEster
    NET Veteran

• This game is gonna be ugly. It will be tight and never wracking. First mistake loses IMHO. We have Russ.....they have bortles.

Hawks 17

Jags 7
    Shanegotyou11
    NET Veteran

• No doubt Jags D line and 2ndary are good.
    Tevin Smith is in concussion protocol but might make it back for gametime.
    Good news for us is they were getting burnt by Arizonas TE on seam routes with their two TE personnel. Often clearing for underneath routes too. Well we have 3 good TE at our disposal. We also have an elusive qb who is willing to take yards given him.
    Imagine if they commit somebody to spy Wilson as well.
    Willson and Graham each get a td.

Final score: Seahawks 24 - Jags 10.
    Russ Willstrong
    NET Veteran

• By the way AROS, I'm always amazed how well that green bikini bottom looks on you ;)
    Russ Willstrong
    NET Veteran

• Seahawks 31
    Jags 6
    Richard Sherman wrote:People look forward to writing us off. Our demise was greatly overstated.
    original poster
    * NET Moderator *

• Two wins against teams over the .500 mark.

Football Outsiders have them ranked 23rd on defense against the run. This spells a big day for RW. They're ranked 20th in overall Offense. Somehow I don't see this team giving Seattle the fits everyone thinks they will.

I predict that Mike Davis has his first (of many) 100yd game in the NFL. He'll be running on grass, back in SEC land, it's as close to home as he'll likely play this season and it's time to show Momma what he can do in the NFL.

35-6

Seahawks win
    Sox-n-Hawks
    NET Veteran

• They can be run on and have no passing game. Shut down Fournette who is injured, make Bortles have to throw, win the game.

23-10 Hawks
    mistaowen
    NET Veteran

• Expecting a butt ugly defensive slugfest that could easily go either way.

Hawks 13
    Jags 10
    Missing_Clink
    NET Veteran

• Sox-n-Hawks wrote:Two wins against teams over the .500 mark.

Football Outsiders have them ranked 23rd on defense against the run. This spells a big day for RW. They're ranked 20th in overall Offense. Somehow I don't see this team giving Seattle the fits everyone thinks they will.

I predict that Mike Davis has his first (of many) 100yd game in the NFL. He'll be running on grass, back in SEC land, it's as close to home as he'll likely play this season and it's time to show Momma what he can do in the NFL.

35-6

Seahawks win

We're 22nd in rush DVOA, so we don't really have an advantage there. Take away Russ runs and I wouldn't be surprised if we were 30th or worse. If Mike Davis had a 100 yard rushing game, it would be a beautiful miracle.
    adeltaY
    NET Veteran

• Both defenses are great. The Jags can't throw. The Seahawks can't run. May come down to more Russ magic and *gulp* Blair Walsh's leg

Seahawks 16
    Jaggywires 9

Eddie Lacy: 2 carries, 0 yards
    February 2, 2014... the day the dream was finally realized
    Hasselbeck
    * NET Sage *

• It's gonna be ugly...really ugly.. they have a great d but they have bottles. Our d will have to setup up and Russ has to be Russ. We get it done 13-10.

Ytd 8-4
    Super Bowl XLVIII Champions 2014.02.02 Seahawks 43 Broncos 8
    Cyrus12
    NET Veteran

• Cyrus12 wrote:It's gonna be ugly...really ugly.. they have a great d but they have bottles.

February 2, 2014... the day the dream was finally realized
    Hasselbeck
    * NET Sage *

• Seahawks 31, Jags 17. in a game that is not as close as the score may indicate, with the Jags scoring a late TD.

'cause every game now is a championship game & the Seahawks own December & know how to get it done. Playoff experience is an often overlook factor and the Seahawks have that in spades. RW for MVP, Wags for DPOY......
    :smilingalien:
    <--><--><--><--><--><--><--><--><--> GO SEAHAWKS <--><--><--><--><--><--><--><--><-->
    CamanoIslandJQ
    NET Veteran

• Entirely Fearful Prediction: Jags 24, 'Hawks 13. Seattle comes out limp on the road after an emotional win at home.

Having found an offensive rhythm, Bevell, for no reason, changes course; the defense gives up ridiculous 3rds and long late in the game; and Wilson refuses to run, holds the ball too long, and takes five sacks.

I'll be watching and rooting and tucking in my bib to feast on crow. Please, Largent, let me be wrong.
    WindCityHawk
    NET Veteran

• Seahawks arent losing to bortles.It will be a defensive battle for a bit though but hawks pull away in the second half.

Hawks 24
    Jags 10
    RussB
    NET Veteran

• If you can say, with a straight face, that Russ is going to let BLAKE BORTLES beat him you must be a sandwich short of a picnic.
    Richard Sherman wrote:People look forward to writing us off. Our demise was greatly overstated.
    original poster
    * NET Moderator *

• I can't doubt them in this game. Bev called a solid game, the strategy was perfect and focused on our strengths and there weaknesses for the eagles. Russ played lights out and the new guys stepped the hell up.

Will they do it back to back? A few weeks ago I would have had little confidence they would but it's December and we are looking at only a possibility of a wild card spot if we don't bring it every week. I like the way tis team plays when backed up against a wall, so I have them taking this one.

Weird thing is I don't know how. It could easily be a domination of scoring offense or a defensive battle with field goals deciding it. After this game I will be more in tune with where we are in all phases, but right now I'm going middle of the road.

Hawks 23
    Jags 17
    johnnyfever
    NET Veteran

• johnnyfever wrote:I can't doubt them in this game. Bev called a solid game, the strategy was perfect and focused on our strengths and there weaknesses for the eagles. Russ played lights out and the new guys stepped the hell up.

Will they do it back to back? A few weeks ago I would have had little confidence they would but it's December and we are looking at only a possibility of a wild card spot if we don't bring it every week. I like the way tis team plays when backed up against a wall, so I have them taking this one.

Weird thing is I don't know how. It could easily be a domination of scoring offense or a defensive battle with field goals deciding it. After this game I will be more in tune with where we are in all phases, but right now I'm going middle of the road.

Hawks 23
    Jags 17

I agree Johnny, it could go a couple of ways. I wouldn't be surprised to see a total blow out of the Jags but I wouldn't be too shocked to see a 1 TD and a couple of field goals type game.
    original poster
    * NET Moderator *

• original poster wrote:If you can say, with a straight face, that Russ is going to let BLAKE BORTLES beat him you must be a sandwich short of a picnic.

Russ is better than Bortles by a mile.

But... Russ has absolutely no direct bearing on Bortle's play and vice versa. They don't play each other.

Their Defense just may put the brakes on RW's MVP season... but I have more confidence that we'll make life very hard for Bortles.

Hawks: 16
    Jags:13
    NET Veteran

• Should be a snot knocker on Sunday. 2 hard hitting defenses going at it, both at 8-4 w/plenty to play for. Stoked for this one. Bortles is pretty weak, hopefully we get the bad Bortles :lol:

Hawks win a close one 16-13
    R.I.P. THE EDGAR, YOU WILL BE MISSED......
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Veteran

• Close contest, but Blair Walsh saves the day.

Hawks 16
    Jags 13

RTD 4-2
    Zeearend
    NET Bench Warmer

• Zeearend wrote:Close contest, but Blair Walsh saves the day.

Hawks 16
    Jags 13

RTD 4-2

By saves the day, you mean let’s John Ryan placekick?
    Sox-n-Hawks
    NET Veteran

• I just get the feeling that the Hawks won't be letting off anymore this year. They're focused and have their eyes on the prize. We've been here before (5 years in a row) and the Jags are in rarified air by having a winning record this far into the season, much like the Eagles were. They held the #1 offense to 10 points, and Bortles is no Wentz. Far from a letdown, I'm seeing our dominance continuing.

Hawks - 23

Jags - 13
    PlinytheCenter
    NET Veteran

• WindCityHawk wrote:Entirely Fearful Prediction: Jags 24, 'Hawks 13. Seattle comes out limp on the road after an emotional win at home.

Having found an offensive rhythm, Bevell, for no reason, changes course; the defense gives up ridiculous 3rds and long late in the game; and Wilson refuses to run, holds the ball too long, and takes five sacks.

I'll be watching and rooting and tucking in my bib to feast on crow. Please, Largent, let me be wrong.

Oh man if Blake Bortles conversation multiple third and longs on us..... There are no words
    adeltaY
    NET Veteran

• Sox-n-Hawks wrote:
    Zeearend wrote:Close contest, but Blair Walsh saves the day.

Hawks 16
    Jags 13

RTD 4-2

Well the last games everybody is making statements. Defense vs no.1 Offense. O-line in protecting RW. RW being MVP. This close contest between two good Ds is the ideal game for Walsh to redeem himself with a lot of FGs.
    Zeearend
    NET Bench Warmer

• Zeearend wrote:
    Sox-n-Hawks wrote:
    Zeearend wrote:Close contest, but Blair Walsh saves the day.

Hawks 16
    Jags 13

RTD 4-2

Well the last games everybody is making statements. Defense vs no.1 Offense. O-line in protecting RW. RW being MVP. This close contest between two good Ds is the ideal game for Walsh to redeem himself with a lot of FGs.

Maybe Russ can kick too???? I don’t like the odds of relying on Walsh.
    Sox-n-Hawks
    NET Veteran

• This is the game that makes us pay for that home loss to the Redskins, and will knock us out of the playoffs.

Jaguars 17
    Seahawks 3

Campbell is a headhunter. Wilson sacked 7 times and possibly hurt.
    The_Z_Man
    NET Veteran

• Hawks get it done with 2 great 4th qtr drives with Wilson driving the way. Mike Davis to have a sneaky good game too.

Seattle 26
    Northeast Florida 23

RTD 7-5
    West TX Hawk
    NET Veteran

• I will temper my confidence a bit regarding a blowout, and think it'll be a more realistic...

34 - 10, Seahawks
    Mindsink
    NET Rookie

• For some reason, I'm not feeling very good about that game. However, I honestly don't really know what to expect. I predict a win by Jacksonville 20-10 with Graham getting intercepted in the end zone and a defensive TD by the Jags.
    "It's payback, Russell Wilson falling way back, in the draft, turn nothing into something"
    rossob
    NET Practice Squad

It is currently Sat Dec 16, 2017 10:55 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information