Warren Moon's Replacement

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
I mentioned this in the off topic thread but it is certainly on topic. I was basically saying that I hope Brock Huard becomes Warren's permanent replacement as color guy. I think him and Raible would be a terrific team, both personalities complimenting each other. I always enjoy listening to Brock. I find him extremely easy to listen to, well spoken, good radio voice with a high football IQ.

Thoughts? If not Brock, who would you like to replace Moon in the booth?

kidhawk

Reaction score
I know Brock has College broadcasting obligations, but if he's up to broadcasting the Seahawks each week, I'd be for that. I believe Wyman is going to be doing the subbing duties this weekend, so it might be worth giving it a listen to see how he does as well.

Mad Dog

Reaction score
If they could get Hass, I'd be ecstatic. But I think he's an East Coast guy at heart and has a good ESPN gig right now.

Huard would be a decent second choice as I find him a very good analyst and breaks plays down well.

irfuben32

Reaction score
Please God no....

I like and respect Huard. I do not enjoy listening to him though.

Seymour

Reaction score
irfuben32":her5u1pj said:
Please God no....

What you don't like hearing everything in threes??

Most people would say.... He is a strong, fast, and intelligent athlete.

Brock would say. And he is strong, and he is fast, and he is intelligent. Then ramble on and on about it.
He uses more words than the average woman.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Not sure bout long term, but Dave Wyman is going to be the temporary fill in.

I like Wyman, he's smart and has a wry sense of humor, so I think he'll be good.

Seymour

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":3sh2h288 said:
Not sure bout long term, but Dave Wyman is going to be the temporary fill in.

I like Wyman, he's smart and has a wry sense of humor, so I think he'll be good.

+1 to Wyman. :2thumbs:

dadof3

Reaction score
I've heard Holmgren on a national broadcast and thought he was pretty good

Seahwkgal

Reaction score
Is Moon retiring? I don’t spend as much time here as I used to so excuse my ignorance in this matter.

kidhawk

Reaction score
Seahwkgal":3oqmjwvs said:
Is Moon retiring? I don’t spend as much time here as I used to so excuse my ignorance in this matter.

There's a thread in the Off-Field forum as well as the shack discussing why Moon left, suffice it to say it's not main board material.

Atradees

Reaction score
Mad Dog":qm8czp6v said:
If they could get Hass, I'd be ecstatic. But I think he's an East Coast guy at heart and has a good ESPN gig right now.

Huard would be a decent second choice as I find him a very good analyst and breaks plays down well.

I never liked Moon as an analyst. Hass would be awesome. Brock Huard would be great too.

keatonisballin

Reaction score
This morning on 710 they said Dave Wyman and Brock Huard would rotate alongside Raible. This week will be Wyman.

GeekHawk

Reaction score
Seymour":wi28ugr3 said:
irfuben32":wi28ugr3 said:
Please God no....

Brock would say. And he is strong, and he is fast, and he is intelligent. Then ramble on and on about it.

Actually, it would be more like "He's a strong athlete. He's a fast athlete. He's an intelligent athlete. He's everything you want in an athlete, all in one package. A strong, fast, intelligent package. A package that anyone would want on their team." Which is why I can't really stand listening to him on the radio.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Brock is polished and competent, but he's too sterile and wooden for me. Not a lot of personality or edge, which you need in a color commentator.

I like color commentators that are opinionated, colorful and not afraid to criticize. Brock is none of those things, he's just plain vanilla.

StoneCold

Reaction score
GeekHawk":yh3bsw7p said:
Seymour":yh3bsw7p said:
irfuben32":yh3bsw7p said:
Please God no....

Actually, it would be more like "He's a strong athlete. He's a fast athlete. He's an intelligent athlete. He's everything you want in an athlete, all in one package. A strong, fast, intelligent package. A package that anyone would want on their team." Which is why I can't really stand listening to him on the radio.

I can handle Brock, though you are correct he uses too many words and speaks a bit like a robot. But he is a pro and I can listen to him do color. Now Mike Salk? Guy drives me crazy and makes me change the station. Whiny as whiny can be he says with a whine. :)

Seymour

Reaction score
GeekHawk":18nruhae said:
Seymour":18nruhae said:
irfuben32":18nruhae said:
Please God no....

Better job than I there. :2thumbs:

You get it, same thing that bugs me as well.

Jerhawk

Reaction score
Hawkstorian":rzcxgztp said:
I'm available.

A true fan such as yourself with an endless amount of knowledge and passion for his team would be a perfect color commentator.

You may have been joking, but I took it serious. A true 12 should be up there in the booth (no offense to Wyman and Huard)