So, I got this text message....

pmedic920

Reaction score
A “guy I know” asked me if I was going to the Dallas game.

I told him that I was not going because my Daughter’s spring wedding was in control of my bank account for the next few months.

He is a long time Seahawk (fanatic) Fan, and I was caught off guard/surprised by his response.

Last Sunday was a huge disappointment for me as it was for many 12s but Holy Catfish.

What do you make of this?

Are your feelings close to his?

Was your “fandom” damaged last Sunday?

e9e7b1403558712297b7b6f183023df2.jpg

Crizilla

Reaction score
All it did was make me want to see Cable let go even more. The guy isn't good at match ups. There are college coaches and maybe even analysts who have never played a down of football in their life better than Tom Cable.

Str8OuttaSkittles

Reaction score
never .. but i think this season has finally opened alot of eyes to the major problem's with the team. when injuries strike the back ups cant perform and we have no gameplan using backups , the blame lies somewhere and for me it lies with the coaches been this way since 14/15 only now are we seeing it in full effect. we got by on clutch performers bailing us out , for some there's only so much to take im certain this season the boos have rained down more than a few games too never heard that in a long time

RussB

Reaction score
Crizilla":zx8m2lbp said:
All it did was make me want to see Cable let go even more. The guy isn't good at match ups. There are college coaches and maybe even analysts who have never played a down of football in their life better than Tom Cable.
I dont get why everyone says hes so great, everytime they mention him on NFL shows they say how hes such a great o line coach dude is terrible.

BigMeach

Reaction score
Good maybe real fans will get a chance to get back into the stadium.

TheLegendOfBoom

Reaction score
RussB":25yinmgl said:
Crizilla":25yinmgl said:
I dont get why everyone says hes so great, everytime they mention him on NFL shows they say how hes such a great o line coach dude is terrible.
Tom Cable is either horrible at scouting, or horrible at coaching, however, past experiences say he's both!

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
One really bad game in Pete's entire tenure here and he wouldn't attend a game for free on the 50-yard-line?

Butthurt Hyperbole at its finest.

hgwellz12

Reaction score
In a lofty place tanglin' with Satan over history.
Yo, your folks is trippin'. In a major way!
I am just as frustrated as pretty much everyone, hell, I even turned the game of early in the 3rd just because I didn't need the stress. But, I will never lose my mind and jump out of the window like that regarding this team. Win, lose (shutout even) or draw, I'm never going to turn like that. Not with Houdini under center.

hgwellz12

Reaction score
In a lofty place tanglin' with Satan over history.
RussB":1bpxz9mb said:
Crizilla":1bpxz9mb said:

Because Russ is still yet to get a major injury causing him sit down for even ONE game since he's signed here in 2012. Russ=Coaching job insurance it seems. He's the NFL's "Ripken Jr." so far. That and the echo chamber of a lot of these so called 'Professional Analysts'. They just speak to speak a lot of the time.

endzorn

Reaction score
BigMeach":30l7t357 said:
I’m always confused about whether or not I’m a real fan. Can you make out a list of Real Fan rules so I know if I qualify?

OP
OP
pmedic920

pmedic920

Reaction score
endzorn":2ja7shq5 said:
BigMeach":2ja7shq5 said:
I’m always confused about whether or not I’m a real fan. Can you make out a list of Real Fan rules so I know if I qualify?

I know rite.

Every time I start to think I might be one, someone says something that makes me question the validity of my fandom.

That’s kind of the point of my post.

I’m wondering if my fandom should be damaged, or not.

Maybe I’m not “one”, and that’s the reason I can’t tell if mine has been damaged.

#confusedintexas

JGreen79

Reaction score
I became a fan in the '92 season. Watched every game until I started working on Sundays in 2012... not much can damage my fandom.

rjdriver

Reaction score
I used to tell my mom I hated her and was going to run away. Never have I loved anyone more.

This text could actually be the sign of great fan. One who is so emotionally involved, that once they are dissapointed, they go all sorts of hyperbolic.

Bobblehead

Reaction score
rjdriver":2twa7lp8 said:
I used to tell my mom I hated her and was going to run away. Never have I loved anyone more.

This text could actually be the sign of great fan. One who is so emotionally involved, that once they are dissapointed, they go all sorts of hyperbolic.

Yeah, me too, I remember clearly, I was a young 13 year old.

GLio14

Reaction score
Sundays game made me feel crappy, but come on now. Can't turn my back on em.

original poster

Reaction score
He just sounds like a hurt fan that is still feeling the pain of a big loss.

He is what 97% of us were like 5 days ago, just hasn’t started to feel better yet. NOTHING wrong with that.

SeaChat

Reaction score
pmedic920":3dy8cf2t said:
A “guy I know” asked me if I was going to the Dallas game.

I told him that I was not going because my Daughter’s spring wedding was in control of my bank account for the next few months.

He is a long time Seahawk (fanatic) Fan, and I was caught off guard/surprised by his response.

Last Sunday was a huge disappointment for me as it was for many 12s but Holy Catfish.

What do you make of this?

Are your feelings close to his?

Was your “fandom” damaged last Sunday?

e9e7b1403558712297b7b6f183023df2.jpg

I have watched a lot of Fair Weather Seahawk "fans", come and go over the last 40 years, and my take is that they were never real fans to begin with, and certainly not anyone I would want to call a fellow 12th man or woman. You don't just remain loyal and committed to your brothers and sisters when they are shining successes, and making you proud, and then when they fail themselves, and are feeling embarrassed, ashamed and defeated, you act like they embarrassed and shamed you, and in turn abandon them, Like your buddy, who outed himself and his true colors by his words and actions.

A real 12th man or woman would instead come to the aid of their defeated brothers, and offer whatever they could to encourage and support them, in those times, knowing and trusting that they could and would do everything in their power, to try and restore pride, dignity and respect to themselves as individuals, as teammates, as brothers, and the 12th Men and Women for that matter.

I think in the greater scheme of things, the Seahawks and the 12 are stronger and better for it when the fair weather, wannabe "fans" pick up, pack up, and move on to lend their meaningless support to some other team out there,

In that instance our loss is our gain, and the other team's loss as well. Fair Weather Wannabe's will always do more harm than good, wherever they go, sucking the life's blood out of the teams and fans they associate themselves with. They are in my eyes, shallow people, lacking in any true character and are able to commit only to themselves and their own ideas.

I take great pride in my association with the Seahawks, Which is nothing more than a life long diehard 12th man. if anything, I wish I was in a place in life where I could do more and be more involved than what I am. I'm structuring my retirement years so I can do exactly that.

Watching that game this past Sunday was painful, It really hurt me, to watch them struggle out there, and to take a beating like they did. it nearly brought me to tears. The only thing that I was thinking at games end, was how much worse the players and coaches must be feeling in that moment than I did. I was on the verge of tears. I'm sure in the locker room after the game there were plenty of tears to go around.

I also had hoped naively, that this forum would rally around them and offer them our collective encouragement and support. I knew better of course, I've sat and read thru this forum after losses, all too many times, when instead people come out from everywhere, and opt instead to capitalize on such times, to instead pounce on the coaches and players, "putting the proverbial boots to them while their down", bombarding them with insults and criticisms. Always followed by the introduction or regurgitations of their individual agendas, hoping that they will gather the support of others while their emotionally confused and easily swayed,

I'm Not confusing constructive criticisms, with good old fashion bullying type criticisms that have nothing but injury in mind. Constructive criticism is where you share what you believe is a problem, and you offer solutions to help correct the problem. After every loss we get a whole slew of post calling for heads to roll, to include Polls, to try and gather supporters for their chopping block head list, when they clearly don't have any real plan what to do after that.

I surf around other team forums from time, usually right before we play them, trying to get a feel for where their at concerning facing us and I've noted that they appear to have a shortage of Armchair General Managers. Maybe some of you could do more to support your Seahawks by offering your Managerial services to those other teams, instead of unleashing your hateful destructive banter in the Seahawks forum, I'm certain we will all manage to find some way to go on without it. Goodbye and good riddance I'd say, but then I'm only one voice and as such can only speak for myself.

Okay I've got that said and out my system, a little bit anyways. You're either with us or against us, anywhere in between your just standing in the way or filling up empty space. I take my 12th Man role pretty seriously, If I can't find it within myself to get behind the Seahawks and give them everything I have in the way of encouragement and support, then the best thing I could probably do is Shut My Mouth. Like my mama always told me "if you can't think of anything nice to say don't say anything at all, and with that I'll Shut My Mouth.

Go Seahawks !t

Subzero717

Reaction score
I don't question others fandom or what they do with it. Its like raising kids. I won't tell you how to raise yours and I'm not interested in your opinion on how I should raise mine.

My personal relationship with the Hawks is like a being with a woman that you have the absolute most incredible hot passionate sex with but you fight like cats and dogs. The highs are incredibly high and the lows are rock bottom. Some could see or hear me in my lows and question my fandom. I couldn't careless what they think or how they feel about it. I wouldn't give two hoots about recieving a complete strangers relationship/love advice and none would give it to me.

All that said, Lon if you ever get tix on the 50 I'm there.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

Sox-n-Hawks

Reaction score
If anyone is questioning their willingness to attend and would like to donate their ticket, you can always feel free to PM me. :2thumbs: