Pete Carroll to retire after season (rumor/poll)

Do you want Pete Carroll gone next year?

• Yes, just retire already. The game has passed you by old man

Votes: 2 8.3%
  • If he refuses to part ways with Bevell and/or Cable, yes time to go

Votes: 8 33.3%
  • I really don't want Carroll to leave yet. Give it another year or two coach!

Votes: 7 29.2%
  • I never want him to leave. I want him here until he's 100

Votes: 6 25.0%
  • Other

Votes: 1 4.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jerhawk

Reaction score
https://12thmanrising.com/2017/12/30/pete-carroll-last-year/

Interesting article here. Pure opinion, sprinkled in with some rumor and speculation.

What a shame it would be to see our beloved gum chewing coach walk away after the season right? I mean, he won a superbowl for Pete's sake!

But the team is getting older, and coach is too stubborn and won't adjust.

What are your guy's thoughts? Do you want Pete Carroll to just ride off into the sunset if things don't go our way tomorrow? Or you want him to stay and see the rebuild through?

Steve2222

Reaction score
I would love to get Josh McDaniels in here to keep up with McVay and Shanny in the division. Three offensive geniuses in one division.

semiahmoo

Reaction score
I almost certain someone in here suggesting this very thing months ago. ;)

With all the rumor-mill stuff now getting out into the public it appears more clear than ever that earlier "shares" by some in places like this were both well-intended, and accurate.

Pete was the right guy at the right time and he brought us a Super Bowl.

It's been steady decline since then. I have no doubt he's considering moving on - a very tough decision for someone with as much price as he rightfully has. If it happens obviously an end to what is and will likely remain for some time, the Seahawks' greatest era.

Scorpion05

Reaction score
Call me a sucker but, the grass isn’t always greener. Fans always think it’s as simple as fire a coach here or trade a player there. And it’s not. People always lose perspective til we hit rock bottom

Palmegranite

Reaction score
You have a good take. Look at all of the teams that have cycled through coaches year after year and you'll see a depressing record if loserdom. Good thing no one in the Seahawks organization is consulting these fantasy expert fans...
They have their guy. Steady as she goes.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
We have multiple threads on Pete Carroll and rules are specific on posting rumors. Please use the existing threads.

Status
Not open for further replies.