WOW, Ryan second worst punter in the NFL

Natethegreat

Reaction score
Not surprising to me. He was pretty bad all year. I think he is cut this year.

getnasty

Reaction score
Part of our past success was special teams, that was anything but the case this year.

rjdriver

Reaction score
Natethegreat":uuwoqmcv said:
Not surprising to me. He was pretty bad all year. I think he is cut this year.

Perhaps. I think an extremely team friendly restructure is an option as well.

Sox-n-Hawks

Reaction score
With the poor OL performance, I can't blame a punter for being a bit antsy. I mean hell, that guy already broke his nose once for this team.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
Bad punting put both the Rams and Cardinals in favorable field position in our home games. Big reason behind the losses.

Sox-n-Hawks

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":3kanyap4 said:
Bad punting put both the Rams and Cardinals in favorable field position in our home games. Big reason behind the losses.

I put this on the O-line as well. Rushed punts=Bad Punts

Krieg's list

Reaction score
Sox-n-Hawks":3nu2l57f said:
MontanaHawk05":3nu2l57f said:

I put this on the O-line as well. Rushed punts=Bad Punts

Ugh, first the clueless OP about ZBS, now this??? There are zero offensive lineman on typical NFL punt coverage teams. None. Let that sink in for a minute, then come back with more conventional "wisdom" explaining why we shouldn't blame John Ryan for being awful and should instead blame a unit that isn't even on the field. SMH

Back on topic-- if Seattle had cut Ryan, replaced him with a min vet or UDFA punter, and instead kept Hauschka last offseason, they probably would have won 2-3 more games this season. That's how bad the Walsh/Ryan combo was this year. (Note: just checked, cutting Ryan wasn't a realistic option last offseason due to his dead cap of 1.2 mil.)

SPIRITOF12

Reaction score
Life is easier for any punter when not forced to punt from deep into your side of the field.