Seahawks.NET AMAZON STOREFRONT

"Jersey Sale" Trend

The Essential Online Seattle Football Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. LANGUAGE RATING: PG-13
"Jersey Sale" Trend
Thu Jan 25, 2018 9:06 am
  • So I've noticed that generally when a Seahawk leaves the team (or gets traded, etc) their jerseys normally go on sale on the nflshop site.

    Just checked out the shop in the seahawks section and I see the normal sale jerseys (Lynch, Hauschka, Kearse) whom are all off the team. Then I see Ifedi's and Coleman's jerseys are on sale for the same price. Is this a sign, or are they just having that low of purchases with those two player's jerseys?
    jmahon316
    NET Rookie
     
    Posts: 218
    Joined: Sun Sep 17, 2017 12:59 pm


Re: "Jersey Sale" Trend
Thu Jan 25, 2018 9:19 am
  • Not sure if I've ever put a lot of stock in that trend. It might just be market forces mandating the sale, but you never know.
    sutz
    USMC 1970-77
     
    Posts: 15754
    Joined: Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:41 am
    Location: Kent, WA


Re: "Jersey Sale" Trend
Thu Jan 25, 2018 9:25 am
  • You should always look who features in the yearly calendar...
    UK_Seahawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2765
    Joined: Wed Jul 24, 2013 1:08 pm


Re: "Jersey Sale" Trend
Thu Jan 25, 2018 9:49 am
  • I think the jersey sale has more to do with the stupidity of the merchandise department than anything having to do with some inside info concerning a player departure.

    Who would purchase a Coleman jersey? I am sure they - for some reason - sold a few of these. But why create a jersey for a player who was acquired days before the start of the season and was not a starter? He played well - but a jersey?

    I am sure the Ifedi jerseys have something to do with his jersey number changing - is the sale for his new or old number? And the fact that the marketing department thought that the high draft pick would continue to improve and become a "hero" of the OL. In reality, he sucks. Not many people, regardless of the number, would ever buy an Ifedi jersey now, with the real possibility that he will no longer be a starter, or will continue to struggle.
    Spleenhawk2.0
    NET Starter
     
    Posts: 355
    Joined: Tue Apr 06, 2010 7:45 am


Re: "Jersey Sale" Trend
Thu Jan 25, 2018 10:13 am
  • This is due to Ifedi's number changing. These were brought in his rookie year. Has nothing to do with his roster status.
    drcool
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 680
    Joined: Wed May 20, 2009 9:27 am
    Location: Jacksonville, FL


Re: "Jersey Sale" Trend
Thu Jan 25, 2018 10:51 am
  • I think this is just a case of them getting rid of some jerseys that typically don't sell much.
    HawkFan72
    * NET Moderator *
     
    Posts: 16397
    Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 10:50 am
    Location: Antioch, CA


Re: "Jersey Sale" Trend
Thu Jan 25, 2018 10:58 am
  • I'm going to flag this thread so I remember to get a hold of one of those Ifedi jerseys. My initial reaction was to wait to purchase, but then a voice in my head said, "False! Start with your purchase soon."
    DangerousDoug
    NET Rookie
     
    Posts: 193
    Joined: Wed Sep 29, 2010 3:53 pm


Re: "Jersey Sale" Trend
Thu Jan 25, 2018 11:10 am
  • DangerousDoug wrote:I'm going to flag this thread so I remember to get a hold of one of those Ifedi jerseys. My initial reaction was to wait to purchase, but then a voice in my head said, "False! Start with your purchase soon."


    LOL. Or "unnecessary spending" $15.00 penalty. :2thumbs:
    Seymour
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 6093
    Joined: Mon Nov 16, 2015 4:41 pm


Re: "Jersey Sale" Trend
Thu Jan 25, 2018 12:52 pm
  • Need a Lynch Seahawks jersey.

    They only sell QB jerseys here in Canada.
    SixSeahawk
    NET Starter
     
    Posts: 357
    Joined: Sun Jan 17, 2016 11:23 pm


Re: "Jersey Sale" Trend
Thu Jan 25, 2018 1:23 pm
  • drcool wrote:This is due to Ifedi's number changing. These were brought in his rookie year. Has nothing to do with his roster status.


    This should be treated as THE definitive answer to this...
    Anguish
    * NET Co-Owner *
     
    Posts: 4850
    Joined: Wed Dec 31, 1969 4:00 pm
    Location: Battle Ground, WA


Re: "Jersey Sale" Trend
Thu Jan 25, 2018 4:17 pm
  • Anguish wrote:
    drcool wrote:This is due to Ifedi's number changing. These were brought in his rookie year. Has nothing to do with his roster status.


    This should be treated as THE definitive answer to this...


    Yeah, in retrospect I feel foolish for bringing that one up because it was a little obvious. My apologies.
    jmahon316
    NET Rookie
     
    Posts: 218
    Joined: Sun Sep 17, 2017 12:59 pm


Re: "Jersey Sale" Trend
Thu Jan 25, 2018 4:52 pm
  • No apologies necessary. Just saying, drcool is in the know when it comes to what is on those sites and why.
    Anguish
    * NET Co-Owner *
     
    Posts: 4850
    Joined: Wed Dec 31, 1969 4:00 pm
    Location: Battle Ground, WA


Re: "Jersey Sale" Trend
Thu Jan 25, 2018 5:20 pm
  • SixSeahawk wrote:Need a Lynch Seahawks jersey.

    They only sell QB jerseys here in Canada.

    I hear there is this thing they call the Internets. Bunch of tubes or something. Maybe you could find something on there.

    :twisted:
    sutz
    USMC 1970-77
     
    Posts: 15754
    Joined: Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:41 am
    Location: Kent, WA


Re: "Jersey Sale" Trend
Thu Jan 25, 2018 7:16 pm
  • jmahon316 wrote:
    Anguish wrote:
    drcool wrote:This is due to Ifedi's number changing. These were brought in his rookie year. Has nothing to do with his roster status.


    This should be treated as THE definitive answer to this...


    Yeah, in retrospect I feel foolish for bringing that one up because it was a little obvious. My apologies.


    Also Derrick Coleman 40 is no longer on the team so hence the sale
    EmbattleTheeHawks
    NET Rookie
     
    Posts: 174
    Joined: Sun May 13, 2012 12:14 am
    Location: Lake Taupo, NZ


Re: "Jersey Sale" Trend
Thu Jan 25, 2018 9:21 pm
  • sutz wrote:
    SixSeahawk wrote:Need a Lynch Seahawks jersey.

    They only sell QB jerseys here in Canada.

    I hear there is this thing they call the Internets. Bunch of tubes or something. Maybe you could find something on there.

    :twisted:


    Where am I gonna find a brand new Lynch Seahawks jersey from an official source?
    SixSeahawk
    NET Starter
     
    Posts: 357
    Joined: Sun Jan 17, 2016 11:23 pm


Re: "Jersey Sale" Trend
Fri Jan 26, 2018 1:54 am
  • SixSeahawk wrote:
    sutz wrote:
    SixSeahawk wrote:Need a Lynch Seahawks jersey.

    They only sell QB jerseys here in Canada.

    I hear there is this thing they call the Internets. Bunch of tubes or something. Maybe you could find something on there.

    :twisted:


    Where am I gonna find a brand new Lynch Seahawks jersey from an official source?


    http://www.nflshop.com/Marshawn_Lynch_S ... ks_Jerseys
    original poster
    * NET Moderator *
     
    Posts: 3174
    Joined: Mon Nov 24, 2014 1:55 am


Re: "Jersey Sale" Trend
Fri Jan 26, 2018 11:55 am
  • original poster wrote:
    SixSeahawk wrote:
    sutz wrote:
    SixSeahawk wrote:Need a Lynch Seahawks jersey.

    They only sell QB jerseys here in Canada.

    I hear there is this thing they call the Internets. Bunch of tubes or something. Maybe you could find something on there.

    :twisted:


    Where am I gonna find a brand new Lynch Seahawks jersey from an official source?


    http://www.nflshop.com/Marshawn_Lynch_S ... ks_Jerseys


    Whoa! Didn't even think they'd still be there. And still so expensive.
    SixSeahawk
    NET Starter
     
    Posts: 357
    Joined: Sun Jan 17, 2016 11:23 pm


Re: "Jersey Sale" Trend
Sun Jan 28, 2018 2:38 pm
  • SixSeahawk wrote:
    original poster wrote:
    SixSeahawk wrote:
    sutz wrote:I hear there is this thing they call the Internets. Bunch of tubes or something. Maybe you could find something on there.

    :twisted:


    Where am I gonna find a brand new Lynch Seahawks jersey from an official source?


    http://www.nflshop.com/Marshawn_Lynch_S ... ks_Jerseys


    Whoa! Didn't even think they'd still be there. And still so expensive.


    I have a 3X Lynch Jersey that I paid 79.00 for. I would be willing to trade. If you are interested.
    NorCalSeahawkFan
    NET Rookie
     
    Posts: 140
    Joined: Tue Dec 10, 2013 7:34 am




It is currently Tue Jan 22, 2019 9:39 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]




Information
  • Who is online