ProFootballFocus Mock Draft 3

ivotuk

Reaction score
20. Detroit Lions (9-7)

RB Rashaad Penny, San Diego State

The Lions have been looking for answers in the run game for years, and Penny may be just what they need.

He has one of the best combinations of size, speed, and quickness in the draft class, all leading to the No. 2 elusive rating in the class (128.6) last season.

He can be a factor in the pass game, a prerequisite for living up to first-round value, though he needs work in pass protection, where his 88.3 pass-blocking efficiency (73rd in the class) only tells a part of the story.

https://www.profootballfocus.com/news/d ... ck-draft-3

OP
OP
ivotuk

ivotuk

Reaction score
It's really cool to look back and see how Mocks change as the Draft Season moves along. Even Rob Staton says he should have "stuck to his guns" from early on about a running back. That's the effect of the extended draft season though.

One of PFF's earlier mocks had this:

1. Cleveland Browns

QB Baker Mayfield, Oklahoma

Cleveland drafts the nation’s top quarterback in Mayfield, who continues to impress no matter which way his game is dissected.

He has the top PFF grade for the second year in a row at 95.8, as he uses his natural playmaking ability to attack all levels of the field with accuracy.

There are still some questions coming out of a favorable Oklahoma system, but Mayfield has shown that he can succeed in every situation and he may just be the guy to turn the Browns around in the future.

https://www.profootballfocus.com/news/d ... ck-draft-1

Northwest Seahawk

Reaction score
ivotuk":331cai3c said:
20. Detroit Lions (9-7)

The Lions have been looking for answers in the run game for years, and Penny may be just what they need.

He has one of the best combinations of size, speed, and quickness in the draft class, all leading to the No. 2 elusive rating in the class (128.6) last season.

He can be a factor in the pass game, a prerequisite for living up to first-round value, though he needs work in pass protection, where his 88.3 pass-blocking efficiency (73rd in the class) only tells a part of the story.

If we passed and NE took him ESPN and all the rest would have said what a great pick it was.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Northwest Seahawk":ho7sobyl said:
ivotuk":ho7sobyl said:
20. Detroit Lions (9-7)

If we passed and NE took him ESPN and all the rest would have said what a great pick it was.
Yep, Billycheat would have been labeled a genius for thinking outside of the box.

original poster

Reaction score
I put a bet on for Baker Mayfield to go first overall at 12/1.

I bet £30, won £390 :)

seabowl

Reaction score
ivotuk":3ki56d3w said:
20. Detroit Lions (9-7)

The only thing this shows is PFF correctly picked him to go in the 1st round when most of not all mock draft d did not. Frankly many in this board hate PFF and make fun of their insight. Look i want him to be great but until he gets in real games we just don't know if we have Shaun Alexander or Christine Micharl.

original poster

Reaction score
seabowl":3avqwmdr said:
ivotuk":3avqwmdr said:
20. Detroit Lions (9-7)

The only thing this shows is PFF correctly picked him to go in the 1st round when most of not all mock draft d did not. Frankly many in this board hate PFF and make fun of their insight. Look i want him to be great but until he gets in real games we just don't know if we have Shaun Alexander or Christine Micharl.

Correction -

Most people mock PFF when it doesn't fit their narrative.

When it does? "PFF said xxx"

OP
OP
ivotuk

ivotuk

Reaction score
original poster":11h6fuax said:

What are you going to do with all those letter "L"s?

OP
OP
ivotuk

ivotuk

Reaction score
Northwest Seahawk":3b5crcag said:
ivotuk":3b5crcag said:
20. Detroit Lions (9-7)

If we passed and NE took him ESPN and all the rest would have said what a great pick it was.[/quote]

EXACTLY!

Draft Analysts and Fans suffer from what I call "Tim Ruskell Blindness." If they aren't squeaky clean and didn't attend a big college, they can't possibly be any good!

If Rashaad had gone to one of the "Big" schools, he would have been talked about in the Top 10.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
original poster":2pm2akq9 said:

Nice..Happy for you even though your money system confuses me.

original poster

Reaction score
ivotuk":3p0690ue said:
original poster":3p0690ue said:

IndyHawk":3p0690ue said:
original poster":3p0690ue said:

Got another little one on the way next month, so a double pram, riveting :D

IndyHawk

Reaction score
original poster":2s97k3vj said:
ivotuk":2s97k3vj said:

IndyHawk":2s97k3vj said:

Got another little one on the way next month, so a double pram, riveting :D
Too bad Pehawk can't answer that one..He loves UK slang :lol: