1/02/23 Seahawks mock draft

Chevy

Reaction score
This draft leans towards what if Pete Carroll retires/fired after this season. I have the Texans taking QB CJ Stround #1 and the Bears taking a positional player at #2.

1st round #3 - (QB) Bryce Young 6'0" 180 lbs. Alabama:
Young has amazing touch, anticipation, work ethic, and subtle moves in the pocket to avoid pressure. I love how quickly he goes through his progressions. His size is a big concern. IMO, he needs to have a above average offensive line and some good pass catchers to succeed his rookie year.. The Seahawks are close to already having the supporting cast for Young to shine day one.

1st round #18 - (WR) Jalin Hyatt 6'0" 185 lbs. Tennesse: Hyatt has speed for days and also won the Biletnikoff Award for best WR in college football. DK, Tyler Lockett (getting oldish), and Hyatt, will give any rookie QB confidence! Hyatt reminds me of former Cal WR Desean Jackson.

1st round #30 (Seahawks trade up with Chiefs giving up 2nd round #35 and 4th round pick #121) - (OC) Sedric Van Pran 6'4" 310 lbs. Georgia: Again Bryce Young has a small frame, so I emphise on protecting our franshise QB. Van Pran is the best OC in the draft. This would give us 3 core offensive linemen for the next 10 years, to protect B.Young.

8LQsZ 1M9ynU bLwHaD4w344h180c7r0o5pid1

2nd round #53 - (DE/DT) Tuli Tuipulotu 6'4" 290 lbs. USC: Tuli is an athletic DT/DE. Maybe not elite against the run, but shore up the other 3-4 DE starter as the big run stopping DE. There are good run stoppers later in the draft or in free agency to play opposite Tuli.

Seahawks trade down in the 3rd round to acquire another 4th round pick.

3rd round #93 - (DE/OLB) Byron Young 6'3" 245 lbs. Tennessee:
Young is an older prospect, which is why he falls to the 3rd round. Young's first step quickness is borderline elite, the NFL combine should figure that out. Young could be a pass rushing steal in this draft.

4th round #131 - (OG) Emil Ekiyor Jr. 6'3" 307 lbs. Alabama: Emil has good size, is athletic, and fits with our scheme. So I'm taking him here to help the undersized rookie QB to shine day one.

5th round #149 - (ILB) Shaka Heyward 6'3" 240 lbs. Duke: Heyward has amazing length, size, speed, and agility for a LB. He is an older prospect, so who knows what round he gets drafted. I'm guessing round 3 to round 5. Yes please on Shaka as a our draft pick.

5th round #153 - (S) Quindell Johnson 6'0" 205 lbs. Memphis: Quindell reminds me of a younger Quandre Diggs.

6th round #197 - (S/CB) Chamarri Conner 6'0" 206 lbs. Virginia Tech: Chamarri does a bit of everything in the secondary. The interceptions are not there, but he does make plays on the ball and can blitz.

This draft would give us options moving forward. Franchise Geno this year and maybe next with the thought of trading him for a 1st round pick.

Seahawker

Reaction score
Dry heave, the top 3 do nothing for the defense, the trade up too costly & trade down not worth the dilution. A 6' QB and a WR in the 1st, please stop giving Pete & John idea's, they're bad enough on their own.

OP
OP
C

Chevy

Reaction score
Dry heave, the top 3 do nothing for the defense, the trade up too costly & trade down not worth the dilution. A 6' QB and a WR in the 1st, please stop giving Pete & John idea's, they're bad enough on their own.
You don't make a legit argument. You just complain.

Easiest thing in life is to complain without solutions!!!!

seatownlowdown

Reaction score
You don't make a legit argument. You just complain.

Easiest thing in life is to complain without solutions!!!!
his solution is easily found in his post that you are complaining about.

btw, i pity the team that overdrafts bryce young. smaller than wilson, but without wilson's deep ball. and after accommodating wilson and his deficiencies for a decade, i highly doubt they would reach for bryce young at #3.

OP
OP
C

Chevy

Reaction score

his solution is easily found in his post that you are complaining about.

btw, i pity the team that overdrafts bryce young. smaller than wilson, but without wilson's deep ball. and after accommodating wilson and his deficiencies for a decade, i highly doubt they would reach for bryce young at #3.
You are right. I do need to be better with dealing with passive aggressive people/comments. I just see red sometimes.

WarHawks

Reaction score
I'm not sold on Young. Arm seems average, albeit with good accuracy. But we've all seen how small qbs slow down and get tackled as they age. Pocket passers don't have to worry about that as much. That's why Brady is still playing. He's not a scrambler.

seatownlowdown

Reaction score
Yeah, I pity the team that drafts potentially the next Drew Brees
hmm. so what you're saying is bryce young is going to be a 1st ballot HOF QB, who re-defines his position, that sets NFL passing records, and does so with something akin to a reconstructed throwing arm?

Funny GIF

GemCity

Reaction score
Shoot, if the Hawks are sitting at 3, all it takes it one GM willing to give up a buttload of picks to move up. I hope they take Carter or Anderson, but you know JS will be taking plenty of calls for their first pick.
I’m digging this.

massari

Reaction score
hmm. so what you're saying is bryce young is going to be a 1st ballot HOF QB, who re-defines his position, that sets NFL passing records, and does so with something akin to a reconstructed throwing arm?

Funny GIF
Exactly, yeah, that's exactly what "potential" means. Big bold lettering next time for you, bud.

Michael jordan laughing

massari

Reaction score
"bryce young is *POTENTIALLY* drew brees"

nope, doesn't make your take sound any less ignorant. just less confident. lay off the meth... bud.
Lol wut? Ignorance would be "the QB sux cuz sKiNNiEr anD DOnT HaVe DeeP BaLL LikE RuSSeL WiLsOnz".

TS puts time and effort into a post on what he likes and doesn't like about a QB, and that's all you come up with? Wow great observations there, bud. Football savant.

seatownlowdown

Reaction score
Lol wut? Ignorance would be "the QB sux cuz sKiNNiEr anD DOnT HaVe DeeP BaLL LikE RuSSeL WiLsOnz".

TS puts time and effort into a post on what he likes and doesn't like about a QB, and that's all you come up with? Wow great observations there, bud. Football savant.

he's mad

Yeah, I pity the team that drafts potentially the next Drew Brees

i mean, really. nobody can top this. incredible. just incredible.

Mix

Reaction score
If you post something expect opinions and replies you will not like.

The first 3 picks do nothing to address the glaring holes we had this year.

Drafting a QB instead of a potential generational defender, while you still have Geno does nothing to help our weakness that is a defense.

While I do not disagree with a WR with the second 1st rounder as I expect it to be a WR /DE/DT, I believe the Hawks will target a bigger body big play receiver.

I could see the Hawks taking a Center especially in the 2nd, and I know John will make a trade or two.

Overall it meets some of our needs, but does so in a way that denies us the impact defenders we greatly need.