Seahawk draft grades...

fenderbender123

Reaction score
Rashaad Penny - He seems cool. I think he'll do good maybe. I should watch some film on him sometime. B+

Rasheem Green - Awesome mustache. Young. African American. What's there not to love?
B

Will Dissly - Played for my Washington Huskies. He's super white and super strong. Future NFL star. You heard it here first.
A+

Shaquem Griffin - He only has one hand, whereas 2 hands are generally preferred for linebackers. What he lacks in total amount of hands he makes up for with his smarts and athleticism. Still, though, gonna have to ding him a grade because 2 hands would be better.
B

Tre Flowers - I know nothing about this guy.
C+

Michael Dickson - He's Australian and He's a punter. We needed a punter and we drafted a good one. We should have drafted more punters for some competition because punting is that important, but whatever.
A+++

Well, besides a few other guys, that pretty much covers it.

Considering how well we drafted, I think it's safe to say that The Seahawks will at least win the Super Bowl this year.

BlueThunder

Reaction score
fenderbender123":3rwrzo67 said:
Rashaad Penny - He seems cool. I think he'll do good maybe. I should watch some film on him sometime. B+

Rasheem Green - Awesome mustache. Young. African American. What's there not to love?
B

Will Dissly - Played for my Washington Huskies. He's super white and super strong. Future NFL star. You heard it here first.
A+

Shaquem Griffin - He only has one hand, whereas 2 hands are generally preferred for linebackers. What he lacks in total amount of hands he makes up for with his smarts and athleticism. Still, though, gonna have to ding him a grade because 2 hands would be better.
B

C+

Michael Dickson - He's Australian and He's a punter. We needed a punter and we drafted a good one. We should have drafted more punters for some competition because punting is that important, but whatever.
A+++

Considering how well we drafted, I think it's safe to say that The Seahawks will at least win the Super Bowl this year.

I nominate this for "Post Of The Year".... I almost had a heart attack laughing so hard.... Especially the "AT LEAST" win the Super Bowl.... I mean, we could eventually make it to the next level.....

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Grades before they even play?

OK, sure........., Whatever?

Who's draft profiles are you using to grade this draft?

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
To be fair, a lot of the frustration with the draft centers around the lack of picks.

So people immediately inflate the importance of the 4th - 7th round picks.

But you really don't expect most 4th round picks to even be starters. Certainly not 5th and below.

And bear in mind that in the middle of what might have been the greatest draft run in the NFL history (or certainly close with something like 4 borderline HOF picks in 3 years)...we still only hit on something like 1 of 3 5th round picks or below.

But we have so many holes and we had less picks, so we needed the 4th-6th rounders to produce like 2nd-3rd rounders. And people are acting as if we should be expecting this. Pretty high bar, that.

Yes, Hurst was on the board - but we were burned by health risks before and I think they made the decision we had less picks to burn so we couldn't take crazy risks like that. And while Tim Settle would have been nice, we had to fix the run game.

At this point, we weren't going to find a group of plug-n-play athletes we could use to make a run for the SB. We just needed to fill holes. We are trying to get back to even being a playoff team, not reloading for a championship run.

So a B or C draft grade is fine. You don't get a roster full of difference makers without taking risks and we had so few picks we couldn't take much risk. We had so many holes to fill, that had to be the priority.

Heyseed

Reaction score
SEAHAWKS: A + + + + + + +

...we are number one all others are number two or lower

Uncle Si

Reaction score
jammerhawk":gtk4gjc5 said:
Grades before they even play?

OK, sure........., Whatever?

Who's draft profiles are you using to grade this draft?

Catch and release

hawknation2018

Reaction score
BlueThunder":20b9b1d5 said:
fenderbender123":20b9b1d5 said:

B

A+

B

C+

A+++

I nominate this for "Post Of The Year".... I almost had a heart attack laughing so hard.... Especially the "AT LEAST" win the Super Bowl.... I mean, we could eventually make it to the next level.....

Agreed! That was hysterical.

Ad Hawk

Reaction score
original poster":o98ncysf said:
Who let Fender out of the shack??

Seriously, who?

Sorry, OP... must have left the door open behind me on my way back here.

But that's comedy gold. Glad it leaked out here to the living room.

original poster

Reaction score
Ad Hawk":mcm7jyuf said:
original poster":mcm7jyuf said:

Seriously, who?

Please don't let it happen again.

He's made a right mess.

Ad Hawk

Reaction score
original poster":sow3qdab said:
Ad Hawk":sow3qdab said:
original poster":sow3qdab said:

Seriously, who?

He's made a right mess.

(head down, eyes looking away, kicks a pebble...)

Yes, sir.

chris98251

Reaction score
original poster":t0b8zywa said:
Ad Hawk":t0b8zywa said:
original poster":t0b8zywa said:

Seriously, who?

He's made a right mess.

He has to mark his turf and lift his leg out here once in a while or others will try to move in.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
I'll go B w/the Draft. Won't truly know for awhile, but they addressed some needs.

But, I'm just a rose colored glasses homer so :2thumbs:

OP
OP
fenderbender123

fenderbender123

Reaction score
Mistashoesta":3p62s47l said:
Are these your grades?

Yes they are. And don't worry about paying me for my professional draft analysis. It's my pleasure to provide them for free. I'm just a nice guy like that. You're welcome.