Seahawks.NET AMAZON STOREFRONT

Fun breakdown of Dion Jordan

The Essential Online Seattle Football Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. LANGUAGE RATING: PG-13
Fun breakdown of Dion Jordan
Tue May 15, 2018 10:52 pm
  • Never listened to this guy do breakdowns before, but I will make it a point from now on. Fun listen. AND, something to get excited about in Dion Jordan!

"God Bless the Seattle Seahawks" Cortez Kennedy

http://ivotuk.com/
    ivotuk
    * NET Moderator *

Re: Fun breakdown of Dion Jordan
Tue May 15, 2018 10:55 pm
  • Links not showing up for me?
    www.hawk-talk.com

Richard Sherman wrote:People look forward to writing us off. Our demise was greatly overstated.
    original poster
    * NET Moderator *

Wed May 16, 2018 6:22 am
  • Appreciate his attention to detail in Jordan's eval.

Clark, Jordan, Green, Naz, others... D-line actually looks strong, even without Bennett and Avril, though we've yet to see how the young guys can function for whole games at a time. I'm also excited to see what kind of stunts and pressures our new D-coord. will bring.
    NET Veteran

Wed May 16, 2018 7:06 am
  • Ugh... Dion Jordan...
    FinNasty
    NET Rookie

Wed May 16, 2018 7:16 am
  • FinNasty wrote:Ugh... Dion Jordan...

Haha I bet that one hurts!
    www.hawk-talk.com

Richard Sherman wrote:People look forward to writing us off. Our demise was greatly overstated.
    original poster
    * NET Moderator *

Wed May 16, 2018 8:28 am
  • He's with the Shaqs,thats something.
    daveyoung52
    NET Rookie

Wed May 16, 2018 8:31 am
  • Or maybe not,depending where you're coming from.
    daveyoung52
    NET Rookie

Wed May 16, 2018 8:35 am
  • Ugh, Alex Collins.
    daveyoung52
    NET Rookie

Wed May 16, 2018 9:07 am

Wed May 16, 2018 9:23 am

Wed May 16, 2018 10:27 pm

Thu May 17, 2018 3:52 am
  • original poster wrote:
    Jville wrote:We need each other ...... If you missed Greg Bishop's December 28, 2017 article in Sports Illustrated, you owe it to yourself to read it now.

The improbable ongoing story of Dion Jordan's return from the Dark Side >>> https://www.si.com/nfl/2017/12/28/dion-jordan-seahawks-comeback-2013-draft-drug-alchohol-suspension

It's a truly fantastic read.

Probably the best article I've read, ever.

Fantastic read indeed. Looking forward to the next chapter of this book which hopefully includes a lot of succes and sacks in Seattle.
    Michael Dickson, P, Texas: Adopt a Rookie 2018

Living below sealevel: The only way is up!
    Zeearend
    NET Practice Squad

Thu May 17, 2018 8:03 am
  • But what to make of Cable's involvement? This forces a bit of a re-think for me.

While he was never successful in creating a productive O-line, he appears to have a heart for the players' success.
    NET Veteran

Thu May 17, 2018 8:43 am
  • Ad Hawk wrote:But what to make of Cable's involvement? This forces a bit of a re-think for me.

While he was never successful in creating a productive O-line, he appears to have a heart for the players' success.

That is indeed a intreging twist in this story. Especially if Jordan lives up to his draft with the Hawks.
    Michael Dickson, P, Texas: Adopt a Rookie 2018

Living below sealevel: The only way is up!
    Zeearend
    NET Practice Squad

Thu May 17, 2018 11:37 am
  • Ad Hawk wrote:But what to make of Cable's involvement? This forces a bit of a re-think for me.

Cable was successful with OL in Oakland, Lincoln Kennedy and all, he was promoted to HC based on his performance as OL coach and other X factors.

His early years with Hawks were decent too, his last three years weren’t when he finally believed that he could walk on water.

He always got the heart of players, Dion’s story highlighted that he reached out to players not even in his domain. May be that was the X-factor why he was a HC and why kept being interviews for HC.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    ++ You can call me a homer, but I am not the only one ++
    ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    toffee
    NET Veteran

Thu May 17, 2018 10:49 pm

Just because Cable was hated by most as a coach it doesn't make him a bad person.
    www.hawk-talk.com

original poster
    * NET Moderator *

Fri May 18, 2018 1:18 pm
  • original poster wrote:
    Ad Hawk wrote:But what to make of Cable's involvement? This forces a bit of a re-think for me.

Just because Cable was hated by most as a coach it doesn't make him a bad person.

Unless your an assistant coach funneling misinformation to the Owner :P

To Be P/C or Not P/C That is the Question..........Seahawks kick Ass !!!!
    Check your PM's, Thank you for everything Radish RIP My Friend. :les:
    Member of the 38 club.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

Fri May 18, 2018 1:33 pm
  • Hopefully the spirit of the article will register for most. That's what is important in the unfolding Dion Jordan story.
    Jville
    * NET Alumni *

Fri May 18, 2018 7:43 pm
  • I think Dion Jordan will explode this year into a doninating force. His size speed will create havoc this year. He and Clark will dominate. I believe this line will be better. Look out for Poona Ford i think he can be our Grady Jarrett.
    bighawk
    NET Veteran

The Dion Jordan Story--Must Read!
Tue May 22, 2018 2:01 pm
  • Take the time to read up on this guy hitting his bottom before his fight back to save his life!
    Awesome story.... :2thumbs:

As much as I disliked the job Cable did here, I have to hand it to him for helping this guy straighten out his life.

https://www.si.com/nfl/2017/12/28/dion-jordan-seahawks-comeback-2013-draft-drug-alchohol-suspension

In the long, sad, anguished history of draft busts, there’s a checklist of common problems. Jordan struggled with most of them, from drinking and drug use to injury and ambivalence. Hence his plummet from promising young talent to football pariah in two seasons.

Jordan cops to all of it. He didn’t take his career seriously enough. He ignored anyone who warned him. He prioritized bad habits. He hung around the wrong friends. And he was distracted by South Beach and all that Miami glamour. As a rookie in 2013 Jordan had just 19 tackles and two sacks, playing in all 16 games as a Dolphins reserve. “My production was directly related to what I was doing off the field,” he says. “I put nothing into it. I was just showing up.”

He was 23 then, rich—his four-year contract was worth roughly $20 million—almost famous and living in Miami. He deserved to have fun, he reasoned, and he could handle it. He dabbled in molly and ecstasy and smoked marijuana. Mostly he liked to drink. He preferred hard alcohol and consumed all kinds. He told himself he’d party only on some weekends. That became every weekend, and that became every weekend and some weeknights. Eventually, he says, he could drink all night without blacking out. “It becomes exhausting,” Jordan says. “Because every day you’re trying to chase that feeling you had yesterday.”
    Seymour
    NET Veteran

Re: The Dion Jordan Story--Must Read!
Tue May 22, 2018 8:37 pm
  • Fantastic read.

Thanks for sharing.
    Nothinbutm
    NET Veteran

Wed May 23, 2018 3:58 am
  • toffee wrote:
    Ad Hawk wrote:But what to make of Cable's involvement? This forces a bit of a re-think for me.

Cable was successful with OL in Oakland, Lincoln Kennedy and all, he was promoted to HC based on his performance as OL coach and other X factors.

His early years with Hawks were decent too, his last three years weren’t when he finally believed that he could walk on water.

He always got the heart of players, Dion’s story highlighted that he reached out to players not even in his domain. May be that was the X-factor why he was a HC and why kept being interviews for HC.

This is spot on. Pete gave Cable too much power and freedom, and it went to his head. I don't know, but I suspect he was trying blocking tricks and techniques that he has dreamed of using for years, and they backfired.
    "God Bless the Seattle Seahawks" Cortez Kennedy

http://ivotuk.com/
    ivotuk
    * NET Moderator *

Wed May 23, 2018 11:56 am
  • ivotuk wrote:
    toffee wrote:

This is spot on. Pete gave Cable too much power and freedom, and it went to his head. I don't know, but I suspect he was trying blocking tricks and techniques that he has dreamed of using for years, and they backfired.

I think the experiment in delegating authority to designated partnerships is over for the time being for both the offense and defense. It was interesting and I'm sure Pete and John and likely Paul extracted a lot of information and lessons from the experiment. We're back to a more familiar and proven structure. Everyone should thrive in 2018.
    Jville
    * NET Alumni *

It is currently Thu Oct 18, 2018 12:08 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information