Seahawks.NET AMAZON STOREFRONT

Finally re-watched the Super Bowl Win

The Essential Online Seattle Football Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. LANGUAGE RATING: PG-13
Finally re-watched the Super Bowl Win
Wed Jun 06, 2018 9:48 am
  • And the one take away is this:

That is a top 2-3 defense in the history of the entire league, wow.

I forgot how dominant and intimidating they were as we have been lesser so the last few years, the contrast is stark. You know you are watching one of the best defensive units in the history of the game when you watch this one. So incredible. Broncos did not get even get a first down until there is like 10 minutes left in the second quarter.

If this is the sort of relentlessness we're drafting again, I can't wait. The SB unit was composed of bigger, better, faster players that played as one, with a palpable intensity that can only be observed in a group who is genuinely motivated to be the best of all time. Just nasty. I only say top 2-3 because of my lack of knowledge pre 90's, in which the game was much different. I would put that squad up against anyone, anytime, and it would be an amazing game :)
    SNDavidson
    NET Veteran

Re: Finally re-watched the Super Bowl Win
Wed Jun 06, 2018 10:11 am
  • That Super Bowl was "men against boys"!!
    Proud Member of the .Net Old Farts Society
    Bigpumpkin
    NET Veteran

Wed Jun 06, 2018 10:13 am
  • How could someone wait nearly 5 years to watch that game again?? I'm missing something here. :shock:
    Seymour
    NET Veteran

Wed Jun 06, 2018 10:42 am
  • Seymour wrote:How could someone wait nearly 5 years to watch that game again?? I'm missing something here. :shock:

That was my thought as well. I think I've watched it a dozen times since then...At least. It's instant Euphoria for 12's.

That defense can most certainly be in the conversation as one of the all-time greatest defenses along with the Steel Curtain, Purple People Eaters, the 85 Bears and 02 Ravens.

"Shaquem Griffin tells ESPN after he got drafted by Seattle; 'I can't breathe.' That's the only time you'll hear him say he can't do something." - Dan Wetzel via Twitter.
    Aros
    [[ .NET Godfather ]]

Wed Jun 06, 2018 10:45 am
  • SNDavidson wrote:And the one take away is this:

That is a top 2-3 defense in the history of the entire league, wow.

I forgot how dominant and intimidating they were as we have been lesser so the last few years, the contrast is stark. You know you are watching one of the best defensive units in the history of the game when you watch this one. So incredible. Broncos did not get even get a first down until there is like 10 minutes left in the second quarter.

If this is the sort of relentlessness we're drafting again, I can't wait. The SB unit was composed of bigger, better, faster players that played as one, with a palpable intensity that can only be observed in a group who is genuinely motivated to be the best of all time. Just nasty. I only say top 2-3 because of my lack of knowledge pre 90's, in which the game was much different. I would put that squad up against anyone, anytime, and it would be an amazing game :)

Absolutely.

I think the argument can be made they're probably the second best behind the '85 Bears.

I think they're better than the famous Buc's or Ravens squads. Not sure about the old Stealers D's. Kinda before my time.
    Long you live and high you fly, and smiles you’ll give and tears you’ll cry, and all you touch and all you see Is all your life will ever be
    twisted_steel2
    NET Veteran

Wed Jun 06, 2018 10:58 am
  • Aros wrote:
    Seymour wrote:How could someone wait nearly 5 years to watch that game again?? I'm missing something here. :shock:

That was my thought as well. I think I've watched it a dozen times since then...At least. It's instant Euphoria for 12's.

That defense can most certainly be in the conversation as one of the all-time greatest defenses along with the Steel Curtain, Purple People Eaters, the 85 Bears and 02 Ravens.

Exactly! I watched it 3x the first week alone! Prob. a dozen + times overall over the years too. Comcast nearly had to break my front door in to get that DVR back for their dumb ass Xfinity upgrade that I refused to turn in until it would no longer work with their system. Still pisses me off I had to turn that back in. BTW ..The Sound FX edition of that game is AWESOME!! :2thumbs: :irishdrinkers:
    Seymour
    NET Veteran

• "we're the best damn offense to ever play this game"
    -Wes Welker

That has to be taken in to consideration. This was a historic record setting offense that the LOB outscored on their own. The offense didn't need to score a single point and we would have won 9-8 (I know, I know the safety wasn't really some great defensive play...)
    irfuben32
    NET Rookie

• Aros wrote:
    Seymour wrote:How could someone wait nearly 5 years to watch that game again?? I'm missing something here. :shock:

00 Ravens and also the 02 Bucs. Not 02 Ravens.
    "It's Ground Hawks Day" Chris Berman
    seahawkfreak
    NET Veteran

• You guys are rank amateurs. I watch it every 2 months and it NEVER NEVER gets old. 8)

Great times!
    SEATTLE SEAHAWKS SUPERBOWL XLVIII CHAMPIONS!

May the spirit of our friend The Radish live on forever!

I SO do not care about your fantasy team and who's on it!
    Sports Hernia
    NET Ring Of Honor

• Denver Bronco mud puddles... EVERYWHERE.
    In a cemetery full of Tomahawks.
    Givin’ middle fingers to the pigeons doing somersaults.
    hgwellz12
    NET Veteran

Wed Jun 06, 2018 10:12 pm
  • One of the most dominant Super Bowl victories of all time . . . by one of the best defenses of all time . . . and one of the best overall teams of all time. If they only had a better OC who could have put up consistent numbers with Russell Wilson, Marshawn Lynch, Doug Baldwin, Golden Tate, Zach Miller, Michael Robinson, etc. That was everything about Pete Carroll's philosophy coming to fruition.
    hawknation2018
    NET Veteran

• irfuben32 wrote:"we're the best damn offense to ever play this game"
    -Wes Welker

That has to be taken in to consideration. This was a historic record setting offense that the LOB outscored on their own. The offense didn't need to score a single point and we would have won 9-8 (I know, I know the safety wasn't really some great defensive play...)

This ^^^

The Broncos/Manning set records, won MVP, honors, etc etc that year and the Seahawks turned those awards into participaction trophies.

My Wife is from Denver so she was group texting with her family. I had a small party and we were getting ready for the start of the game and she was relaying the condolences from her family on the beat down the Seahawks were about to receive. They reminded us of all the accolades blah blah blah. It got pretty silent once the game started and it was AWESOME!
    Seahawk
    NET Practice Squad

• When Kam knocked that fool 4 yards back on the 1st drive, you could tell it was over. Yes, that early. No way they had even a remote chance against the Hawks that day.
    R.I.P. THE EDGAR, YOU WILL BE MISSED......
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Pro Bowler

Thu Jun 07, 2018 10:18 am
  • Ha, yeah I should have clarified, have not watched the game in its entirety, just highlights.

You can feel the tone the defense was setting from the sofa, holy cow, pey pey took a big ol horse you know what about 12 seconds in to the first quarter and it was a beat down from there.

historic.
    SNDavidson
    NET Veteran

Thu Jun 07, 2018 10:44 am
  • I literally KNEW the game was ours after the safety. I even told everyone at the party that.

You could just FEEL IT from the first snap of the game.

"Shaquem Griffin tells ESPN after he got drafted by Seattle; 'I can't breathe.' That's the only time you'll hear him say he can't do something." - Dan Wetzel via Twitter.
    Aros
    [[ .NET Godfather ]]

Thu Jun 07, 2018 12:08 pm
  • I just watched it again the other day too
    Look how much faster our D was then
    Our pass rush pressure was phenomenal
    Doug was Doug and Russ was Russ
    Our team was faster as a whole and they'd never seen percy play , boy did they regret that
    Our special teams were great
    On to now .
    Our defense is younger and hopefully faster
    Im hoping our special teams looks like that again
    If our offense can block and run the ball like I Think theyre gonna this is going to be a fun ride
    What are you
    I'm a mog , half man , half dog
    I'm my own best friend
    hawxfreak
    NET Veteran

Thu Jun 07, 2018 12:12 pm
  • That game solidified the Teams reputation of why teams feared us. The Broncos were castrated in front of the world within 12 seconds of the start of the game and were afraid the rest of it.

To Be P/C or Not P/C That is the Question..........Seahawks kick Ass !!!!
    Check your PM's, Thank you for everything Radish RIP My Friend. :les:
    Member of the 38 club.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

• Aros wrote:I literally KNEW the game was ours after the safety. I even told everyone at the party that.

As a lifelong Seahawk fans convinced that we were a cursed franchise, I was not confident until Percy ran the 2nd half opening kickoff back.

After the safety I was sure that the football gods or the refs would kick us in the nuts once again.
    If there is no Seahawk football in heaven, then we will never die.
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Pro Bowler

• Sgt. Largent wrote:
    Aros wrote:I literally KNEW the game was ours after the safety. I even told everyone at the party that.

As a lifelong Seahawk fans convinced that we were a cursed franchise, I was not confident until Percy ran the 2nd half opening kickoff back.

After the safety I was sure that the football gods or the refs would kick us in the nuts once again.

Exactly!. I had the metal potato chip bowl on my lap protecting my beolas prepared for that kick.
    Seymour
    NET Veteran

• That team took the officials out of the game right away, between the safety and the interception it was going to be hard to try and give Manning an edge when the Seahawks were a juggernaut on latterly every play especially that first quarter and the Broncos heart was fillet and dressed on the field. After the interception I just wanted to see how many wounds we would inflict and see if Manning would be yanked.

To Be P/C or Not P/C That is the Question..........Seahawks kick Ass !!!!
    Check your PM's, Thank you for everything Radish RIP My Friend. :les:
    Member of the 38 club.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

• I never have rewatched it..I remember all of it so no need.
    Same with any tv show or movie.I just never watch again for same reason.
    I know i cannot be the only one who has done this.
    Will Dissly
    2018 Adopt a rookie
    IndyHawk
    NET Veteran

• Yep that team should of won a couple more...no point in bringing up why they didnt...
    Super Bowl XLVIII Champions 2014.02.02 Seahawks 43 Broncos 8
    Cyrus12
    NET Veteran

• Cyrus12 wrote:Yep that team should of won a couple more...no point in bringing up why they didnt...

It rhymes with level, drevel, and devil.
    hawknation2018
    NET Veteran

• I've kept my copy as it has no commercials , no halftime and just the game in it's entirety
    I rewatch it every time I go to the seahawks fest at ocean shores every summer , and maybe when I'm feeling down cuz it picks me up every time and because of it SB 49 doesn't hurt at all
    It's funny as I see that game as the defenses fault for letting it get in that position
    I'm glad now that the players who felt it was an offense problem are gone or will be before the regular season starts
    I'm a seahawks fan through and through , not so much a particular player although I do wish them the best if we get eliminated before their team does
    I pray we get back to that former glory just once before I die but either way I'll die a happy man
    I'm wearing warmer clothes if I ever get to go to a super bowl parade again , that's for sure

Go Hawks
    :irishdrinkers: :irishdrinkers: :irishdrinkers: :irishdrinkers: :irishdrinkers: :irishdrinkers: :irishdrinkers: :irishdrinkers: :irishdrinkers: :irishdrinkers:
    What are you
    I'm a mog , half man , half dog
    I'm my own best friend
    hawxfreak
    NET Veteran

• hawknation2018 wrote:
    Cyrus12 wrote:Yep that team should of won a couple more...no point in bringing up why they didnt...

We tend to focus on the one game-losing play, but there were many other earlier factors that led to that doom.

* Losing Jeremy Lane to an ACL blowout plus folded-in-half forearm at the end of his INT return. If he doesn't get dissected by a low hit by Edelman on the sidelines... maybe different result.

* Losing Lane led to Tharald "Toast" Simon getting into the game and being totally abused by Brady and the too-quick-for-him Pats receivers.

* With Lane gone, Pete Carroll had no quick slot corners available, as he left Marcus Burley off the active list, a healthy scratch. Burley could at least hang some of the time with Edelmans and Amendolas of the Pats world. Simon could hang NONE of the time. So blame that brain fart on Pete Carroll.
    NFL Films microphones captured the reaction of Brady and Patriots offensive coordinator Josh McDaniels when they learned that Lane was heading to the locker room, and as shown on Inside the NFL, it was obvious that Brady and McDaniels immediately realized that the Seahawks would have a big hole in their secondary.

From: https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2 ... went-down/
    “Lane’s out of the game,” McDaniels told Brady, who then asked McDaniels who would replace Lane in Seattle’s base defense. McDaniels didn’t know off the top of his head but said, “They’re gonna have to put somebody else in there.”

The “somebody else” was Tharold Simon, and the Patriots went right to work on attacking the weak link in Seattle’s secondary, as Julian Edelman made a big play by beating Simon in coverage and then Brandon LaFell scored a touchdown, again beating Simon in coverage.

* When we lost Cliff Avril to a concussion, that's when things really went downhill in stopping the Pats defense. On Lane's pick I'm pretty sure it was Avril who had the pressure from the left side as Bennett closed in on Brady and obliterated him as he threw. Without Avril's pressure the rest of the game... enough time for Brady to find and exploit Tharald Simon. BTW, can anyone verify with was Avril with the pressure from left DE on Lane's pick? I'll be damned if the jersey doesn't look like a #55, and Avril wore #56. #55 was listed as Heath Farwell, and that was definitely NOT Farwell pressuring Brady.

Bevell's biggest failings on that play were lack of matchup awareness, expecting Kearse to move Brandon Browner, and choosing to use Ricardo Lockette as the target. Then Bevell's biggest failing was throwing Lockette under the bus after the game, instead of accepting responsibility.
    2018 Adopt-A-Rookie: Rashaad Penny
    2018 BounceBack Bet: C.J. Prosise
    olyfan63
    NET Veteran

• olyfan63 wrote:
    hawknation2018 wrote:
    Cyrus12 wrote:Yep that team should of won a couple more...no point in bringing up why they didnt...

We tend to focus on the one game-losing play, but there were many other earlier factors that led to that doom.

* Losing Jeremy Lane to an ACL blowout plus folded-in-half forearm at the end of his INT return. If he doesn't get dissected by a low hit by Edelman on the sidelines... maybe different result.

* Losing Lane led to Tharald "Toast" Simon getting into the game and being totally abused by Brady and the too-quick-for-him Pats receivers.

* With Lane gone, Pete Carroll had no quick slot corners available, as he left Marcus Burley off the active list, a healthy scratch. Burley could at least hang some of the time with Edelmans and Amendolas of the Pats world. Simon could hang NONE of the time. So blame that brain fart on Pete Carroll.
    NFL Films microphones captured the reaction of Brady and Patriots offensive coordinator Josh McDaniels when they learned that Lane was heading to the locker room, and as shown on Inside the NFL, it was obvious that Brady and McDaniels immediately realized that the Seahawks would have a big hole in their secondary.

From: https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2 ... went-down/
    “Lane’s out of the game,” McDaniels told Brady, who then asked McDaniels who would replace Lane in Seattle’s base defense. McDaniels didn’t know off the top of his head but said, “They’re gonna have to put somebody else in there.”

The “somebody else” was Tharold Simon, and the Patriots went right to work on attacking the weak link in Seattle’s secondary, as Julian Edelman made a big play by beating Simon in coverage and then Brandon LaFell scored a touchdown, again beating Simon in coverage.

* When we lost Cliff Avril to a concussion, that's when things really went downhill in stopping the Pats defense. On Lane's pick I'm pretty sure it was Avril who had the pressure from the left side as Bennett closed in on Brady and obliterated him as he threw. Without Avril's pressure the rest of the game... enough time for Brady to find and exploit Tharald Simon. BTW, can anyone verify with was Avril with the pressure from left DE on Lane's pick? I'll be damned if the jersey doesn't look like a #55, and Avril wore #56. #55 was listed as Heath Farwell, and that was definitely NOT Farwell pressuring Brady.

Bevell's biggest failings on that play were lack of matchup awareness, expecting Kearse to move Brandon Browner, and choosing to use Ricardo Lockette as the target. Then Bevell's biggest failing was throwing Lockette under the bus after the game, instead of accepting responsibility.

The offensive inconsistency was a constant problem under Bevell.
    hawknation2018
    NET Veteran

• chris98251 wrote:That team took the officials out of the game right away, between the safety and the interception it was going to be hard to try and give Manning an edge when the Seahawks were a juggernaut on latterly every play especially that first quarter and the Broncos heart was fillet and dressed on the field. After the interception I just wanted to see how many wounds we would inflict and see if Manning would be yanked.

Yep, they tried though on a spot where Russ dove for the first down on the sideline. He had it, they reviewed it, and still said he didn’t get there. There wasnt anything they could have done to stop Seattle that day officiatingwise.

That’s a reason why I’ve been so pissed about the Hawks pissing away the first 2-3 quarters on offense, it keeps officiating shenanigans/incompetence in play for the outcome of the game.

Pounce on the opponents and put em away early, and officiating becomes a non-factor.

Sports Hernia
    NET Ring Of Honor

Fri Jun 08, 2018 10:02 pm
  • Sgt. Largent wrote:After the safety I was sure that the football gods or the refs would kick us in the nuts once again.

It's funny but I felt entirely the opposite. It was in my bone marrow...I felt that we were going to win. There wasn't even a quark of doubt. Not because I was all knowing obviously, but it was a palpable feeling I could not deny.

Aros
    [[ .NET Godfather ]]

Sat Jun 09, 2018 12:33 am
  • Aros wrote:
    Sgt. Largent wrote:After the safety I was sure that the football gods or the refs would kick us in the nuts once again.

It's funny but I felt entirely the opposite. It was in my bone marrow...I felt that we were going to win. There wasn't even a quark of doubt. Not because I was all knowing obviously, but it was a palpable feeling I could not deny.

I felt that as well, but, I also felt like SGT Largent, we’d get a little screwed (not to an XL* degree) by the zebras because the NFL really wanted to give golden boy Pey Pey another ring so they wanted the Donks in the game as long as possible.

The thing is the team we just beat in the NFCCG was light years better than the other team we played in XLVIII, so beating Donks was like the Hawks being a hot knife going through butter.

Like many of us said at the time, whoever wins the NFCCG is going to win XLVIII.

Sports Hernia
    NET Ring Of Honor

• How did you 'finally' watch 48?

I've watched it like seven full times.

Now 49, i literally have not watched rewatched one second.
    Optimus25
    NET Veteran

• Watching 49 from the stands was my one and only time. Incredible game.....other than well you know......
    Oh well, no desire to watch it again. 48, probably 15 times at least.
    R.I.P. THE EDGAR, YOU WILL BE MISSED......
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Pro Bowler

• Someday I’ll re-watch Super Bowl 49 . . . Someday.
    hawknation2018
    NET Veteran

• First time I took the time to pretend I was sitting down and watching the broadcast and watched the game all the way through like on tv, just watching all the highlights we all know and love was obviously impressive but did not recapture it as that fateful day felt, it was cool, I hope that helps you understand lol.
    SNDavidson
    NET Veteran

It is currently Mon Nov 12, 2018 12:46 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information