Finally re-watched the Super Bowl Win

chris98251

Reaction score
That team took the officials out of the game right away, between the safety and the interception it was going to be hard to try and give Manning an edge when the Seahawks were a juggernaut on latterly every play especially that first quarter and the Broncos heart was fillet and dressed on the field. After the interception I just wanted to see how many wounds we would inflict and see if Manning would be yanked.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
I never have rewatched it..I remember all of it so no need.
Same with any tv show or movie.I just never watch again for same reason.
I know i cannot be the only one who has done this.

hawknation2018

Reaction score
Cyrus12":10ob144y said:
Yep that team should of won a couple more...no point in bringing up why they didnt...

It rhymes with level, drevel, and devil.

hawxfreak

Reaction score
I've kept my copy as it has no commercials , no halftime and just the game in it's entirety
I rewatch it every time I go to the seahawks fest at ocean shores every summer , and maybe when I'm feeling down cuz it picks me up every time and because of it SB 49 doesn't hurt at all
It's funny as I see that game as the defenses fault for letting it get in that position
I'm glad now that the players who felt it was an offense problem are gone or will be before the regular season starts
I'm a seahawks fan through and through , not so much a particular player although I do wish them the best if we get eliminated before their team does
I pray we get back to that former glory just once before I die but either way I'll die a happy man
I'm wearing warmer clothes if I ever get to go to a super bowl parade again , that's for sure

Go Hawks
:irishdrinkers: :irishdrinkers: :irishdrinkers: :irishdrinkers: :irishdrinkers: :irishdrinkers: :irishdrinkers: :irishdrinkers: :irishdrinkers: :irishdrinkers:

olyfan63

Reaction score
hawknation2018":3j8x0kfn said:
Cyrus12":3j8x0kfn said:
Yep that team should of won a couple more...no point in bringing up why they didnt...

We tend to focus on the one game-losing play, but there were many other earlier factors that led to that doom.

* Losing Jeremy Lane to an ACL blowout plus folded-in-half forearm at the end of his INT return. If he doesn't get dissected by a low hit by Edelman on the sidelines... maybe different result.

* Losing Lane led to Tharald "Toast" Simon getting into the game and being totally abused by Brady and the too-quick-for-him Pats receivers.

* With Lane gone, Pete Carroll had no quick slot corners available, as he left Marcus Burley off the active list, a healthy scratch. Burley could at least hang some of the time with Edelmans and Amendolas of the Pats world. Simon could hang NONE of the time. So blame that brain fart on Pete Carroll.
NFL Films microphones captured the reaction of Brady and Patriots offensive coordinator Josh McDaniels when they learned that Lane was heading to the locker room, and as shown on Inside the NFL, it was obvious that Brady and McDaniels immediately realized that the Seahawks would have a big hole in their secondary.

From: https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2 ... went-down/
“Lane’s out of the game,” McDaniels told Brady, who then asked McDaniels who would replace Lane in Seattle’s base defense. McDaniels didn’t know off the top of his head but said, “They’re gonna have to put somebody else in there.”

The “somebody else” was Tharold Simon, and the Patriots went right to work on attacking the weak link in Seattle’s secondary, as Julian Edelman made a big play by beating Simon in coverage and then Brandon LaFell scored a touchdown, again beating Simon in coverage.

* When we lost Cliff Avril to a concussion, that's when things really went downhill in stopping the Pats defense. On Lane's pick I'm pretty sure it was Avril who had the pressure from the left side as Bennett closed in on Brady and obliterated him as he threw. Without Avril's pressure the rest of the game... enough time for Brady to find and exploit Tharald Simon. BTW, can anyone verify with was Avril with the pressure from left DE on Lane's pick? I'll be damned if the jersey doesn't look like a #55, and Avril wore #56. #55 was listed as Heath Farwell, and that was definitely NOT Farwell pressuring Brady.

Bevell's biggest failings on that play were lack of matchup awareness, expecting Kearse to move Brandon Browner, and choosing to use Ricardo Lockette as the target. Then Bevell's biggest failing was throwing Lockette under the bus after the game, instead of accepting responsibility.

hawknation2018

Reaction score
olyfan63":3ag3j6ah said:
hawknation2018":3ag3j6ah said:
Cyrus12":3ag3j6ah said:

We tend to focus on the one game-losing play, but there were many other earlier factors that led to that doom.

* Losing Jeremy Lane to an ACL blowout plus folded-in-half forearm at the end of his INT return. If he doesn't get dissected by a low hit by Edelman on the sidelines... maybe different result.

* Losing Lane led to Tharald "Toast" Simon getting into the game and being totally abused by Brady and the too-quick-for-him Pats receivers.

* With Lane gone, Pete Carroll had no quick slot corners available, as he left Marcus Burley off the active list, a healthy scratch. Burley could at least hang some of the time with Edelmans and Amendolas of the Pats world. Simon could hang NONE of the time. So blame that brain fart on Pete Carroll.
NFL Films microphones captured the reaction of Brady and Patriots offensive coordinator Josh McDaniels when they learned that Lane was heading to the locker room, and as shown on Inside the NFL, it was obvious that Brady and McDaniels immediately realized that the Seahawks would have a big hole in their secondary.

From: https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2 ... went-down/
“Lane’s out of the game,” McDaniels told Brady, who then asked McDaniels who would replace Lane in Seattle’s base defense. McDaniels didn’t know off the top of his head but said, “They’re gonna have to put somebody else in there.”

The “somebody else” was Tharold Simon, and the Patriots went right to work on attacking the weak link in Seattle’s secondary, as Julian Edelman made a big play by beating Simon in coverage and then Brandon LaFell scored a touchdown, again beating Simon in coverage.

* When we lost Cliff Avril to a concussion, that's when things really went downhill in stopping the Pats defense. On Lane's pick I'm pretty sure it was Avril who had the pressure from the left side as Bennett closed in on Brady and obliterated him as he threw. Without Avril's pressure the rest of the game... enough time for Brady to find and exploit Tharald Simon. BTW, can anyone verify with was Avril with the pressure from left DE on Lane's pick? I'll be damned if the jersey doesn't look like a #55, and Avril wore #56. #55 was listed as Heath Farwell, and that was definitely NOT Farwell pressuring Brady.

Bevell's biggest failings on that play were lack of matchup awareness, expecting Kearse to move Brandon Browner, and choosing to use Ricardo Lockette as the target. Then Bevell's biggest failing was throwing Lockette under the bus after the game, instead of accepting responsibility.

The offensive inconsistency was a constant problem under Bevell.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
chris98251":1yitkei7 said:
That team took the officials out of the game right away, between the safety and the interception it was going to be hard to try and give Manning an edge when the Seahawks were a juggernaut on latterly every play especially that first quarter and the Broncos heart was fillet and dressed on the field. After the interception I just wanted to see how many wounds we would inflict and see if Manning would be yanked.
Yep, they tried though on a spot where Russ dove for the first down on the sideline. He had it, they reviewed it, and still said he didn’t get there. There wasnt anything they could have done to stop Seattle that day officiatingwise.

That’s a reason why I’ve been so pissed about the Hawks pissing away the first 2-3 quarters on offense, it keeps officiating shenanigans/incompetence in play for the outcome of the game.

Pounce on the opponents and put em away early, and officiating becomes a non-factor.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":3lxu4xt8 said:
After the safety I was sure that the football gods or the refs would kick us in the nuts once again.

It's funny but I felt entirely the opposite. It was in my bone marrow...I felt that we were going to win. There wasn't even a quark of doubt. Not because I was all knowing obviously, but it was a palpable feeling I could not deny.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Aros":195e4s8t said:
Sgt. Largent":195e4s8t said:
After the safety I was sure that the football gods or the refs would kick us in the nuts once again.

It's funny but I felt entirely the opposite. It was in my bone marrow...I felt that we were going to win. There wasn't even a quark of doubt. Not because I was all knowing obviously, but it was a palpable feeling I could not deny.
I felt that as well, but, I also felt like SGT Largent, we’d get a little screwed (not to an XL* degree) by the zebras because the NFL really wanted to give golden boy Pey Pey another ring so they wanted the Donks in the game as long as possible.

The thing is the team we just beat in the NFCCG was light years better than the other team we played in XLVIII, so beating Donks was like the Hawks being a hot knife going through butter.

Like many of us said at the time, whoever wins the NFCCG is going to win XLVIII.

Optimus25

Reaction score
How did you 'finally' watch 48?

I've watched it like seven full times.

Now 49, i literally have not watched rewatched one second.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Watching 49 from the stands was my one and only time. Incredible game.....other than well you know......
Oh well, no desire to watch it again. 48, probably 15 times at least.

OP
OP
SNDavidson

SNDavidson

Reaction score
First time I took the time to pretend I was sitting down and watching the broadcast and watched the game all the way through like on tv, just watching all the highlights we all know and love was obviously impressive but did not recapture it as that fateful day felt, it was cool, I hope that helps you understand lol.