Seahawks.NET AMAZON STOREFRONT

Sleeping On Seattle

The Essential Online Seattle Football Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. LANGUAGE RATING: PG-13
Sleeping On Seattle
Tue Jun 26, 2018 5:23 pm
  • Man, every time I watch NFL Network, ala Total Access or Good Morning Football, all I hear is Cowboys, Giants, Patriots, Vikings, et al. I get it. They want to talk about the sexy teams. The storied clubs. But give me a break. The Seahawks go 9-7 (((shudder))) and suddenly we are not even worth mentioning, like, at ALL?

Yes, this is the part you all say to me "Why do you even care?"

WELL I JUST DO!!!

I want to hear about my team once in a while, is that a crime? God forbid a broadcast dedicated to all things NFL could mention the Seattle Seahawks once a month.

Now get off my lawn.

:les:

"Shaquem Griffin tells ESPN after he got drafted by Seattle; 'I can't breathe.' That's the only time you'll hear him say he can't do something." - Dan Wetzel via Twitter.
    Aros
    [[ .NET Godfather ]]

Re: Sleeping On Seattle
Tue Jun 26, 2018 5:28 pm
  • Imagine how it is for Bucs, Bears, Bills, Bengals, Dolphins, Cards fans to name a few. For some of those teams it's been years since they were relevant in the media. At least we had a solid run where we were talked about. It's only going to last as long as you win unless you're Dallas.
    adeltaY
    NET Veteran

Tue Jun 26, 2018 5:35 pm
  • adeltaY wrote:Imagine how it is for Bucs, Bears, Bills, Bengals, Dolphins, Cards fans to name a few. For some of those teams it's been years since they were relevant in the media. At least we had a solid run where we were talked about. It's only going to last as long as you win unless you're Dallas.

The sadly humorous thing about your post is that I literally hear far more about those teams you mentioned then I ever hear the Seahawks mentioned. I am totally not joking.

I am trying to think of a team that is less talked about than the Seahawks. The Bills are close. Bengals too. Wow, when you have been in the playoffs the last 4 out of 5 years, been in two Super Bowls in that time, winning one, ALMOST winning the second back-to-back, have a super star QB and...

Crickets.

South Alaska indeed.

"Shaquem Griffin tells ESPN after he got drafted by Seattle; 'I can't breathe.' That's the only time you'll hear him say he can't do something." - Dan Wetzel via Twitter.
    Aros
    [[ .NET Godfather ]]

Tue Jun 26, 2018 5:37 pm
  • Yeah, it wasn't long ago when SEAHAWKS was everywhere. Just root for Penny to be awarded OROY and that would mean we did very well indeed.
    Relevance will follow.
    LudwigsDrummer
    US Navy Air VP 56 `74-`78

Tue Jun 26, 2018 5:38 pm
  • Wow, really? I don't watch much NFL network or ESPN. I guess the podcasts I listen to don't really talk about the Seahawks that much. I hear Russell Wilson mentioned more frequently, maybe I've been conflating the two too much.
    adeltaY
    NET Veteran

Tue Jun 26, 2018 6:25 pm
  • Seahawks are in a rebuild. It's not going to happen overnight, especially with the lack of draft picks and cap space this year.
    QuickLightning
    NET Rookie

Tue Jun 26, 2018 7:44 pm
  • Aros wrote:Man, every time I watch NFL Network, ala Total Access or Good Morning Football, all I hear is Cowboys, Giants, Patriots, Vikings, et al. I get it. They want to talk about the sexy teams. The storied clubs. But give me a break. The Seahawks go 9-7 (((shudder))) and suddenly we are not even worth mentioning, like, at ALL?

WELL I JUST DO!!!

I want to hear about my team once in a while, is that a crime? God forbid a broadcast dedicated to all things NFL could mention the Seattle Seahawks once a month.

Now get off my lawn.

Seattle had a year where they went 9-7. After that they jettisoned their best pass rusher, best defensive tackle, best cornerback, the starting strong safety possibly won't play again, and the starting FS is holding out. We also lost our number two receiver in Richardson and our number 1 redzone threat in Jimmy. We fired our staff, and replaced them with coaches with a spotty track record. We haven't done much in the way of addressing our O-line woes that have been persistent for many years now either. As good as Solari's track record is -- he won't be able to magically make things better over night.

If you're looking at the Seahawks from an outsiders prospective, how exactly does this team inspire any confidence? There are much too many "ifs" and "buts". I don't think we're going to be as bad as the national media thinks we are, but honestly I'm having a hard time seeing us go over .500. Too many things have to come together for the Seahawks at this point for us to make any sort of run. The only way the Seahawk's look promising is if you're a fan that can ignore glaring flaws in the roster and coaching staff (Schottenheimer is a joke).
    Spin Doctor
    NET Veteran

Tue Jun 26, 2018 9:25 pm
  • Aros wrote:Man, every time I watch NFL Network, ala Total Access or Good Morning Football, all I hear is Cowboys, Giants, Patriots, Vikings, et al. I get it. They want to talk about the sexy teams. The storied clubs. But give me a break. The Seahawks go 9-7 (((shudder))) and suddenly we are not even worth mentioning, like, at ALL?

WELL I JUST DO!!!

Now get off my lawn.

Aros, you know better, 40 years plus and the only time the media has been in our corner is when we have slapped everyone else out of the way, be it Holmgren and or Pete, Knox was doing his best till we made the playoffs and everyone then said he never wins in the playoffs just gets his teams to the party but never the last Dance.

In fact the NFL set up the city of Detroit to be a home field for the Stealers and the rest we don't need to get into. Our Bitch slap of the Broncos was felt around the world and made everyone speechless, it took a week for them to start making Manning excuses and accuse the Fans of obtaining tickets illegally for our Home Field advantage there.

We are indeed in South Alaska right on the Nile in the Egypt Province. Just savior the taste when we once again make the Idiots in Media choke and swallow their own words when we rise.

The only time we really got any respect was from the Monday Night Football crew before it went to ESPN. Why because our record was awesome on Mondays and weird shit happens in Seattle.
    Last edited by chris98251 on Tue Jun 26, 2018 9:27 pm, edited 2 times in total.

To Be P/C or Not P/C That is the Question..........Seahawks kick Ass !!!!
    Check your PM's, Thank you for everything Radish RIP My Friend. :les:
    Member of the 38 club.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

Tue Jun 26, 2018 9:25 pm
  • QuickLightning wrote:Seahawks are in a rebuild. It's not going to happen overnight, especially with the lack of draft picks and cap space this year.

But *allas has had no playoff success in over 2 decades and yet they are always on the NFLN/ESPN shows.
    Heck, their Lombardi Trophy’s are so old they if they sprouted legs and a mouth, they could legally walk into a bar and order a drink. 8)
    SEATTLE SEAHAWKS SUPERBOWL XLVIII CHAMPIONS!

May the spirit of our friend The Radish live on forever!

I SO do not care about your fantasy team and who's on it!
    Sports Hernia
    NET Ring Of Honor

Tue Jun 26, 2018 9:38 pm
  • Good, let them overlook our guys.
    Hopefully this off season has allowed our team, from the top down, to refocus.

Theyll be talking about us come January
    semiahmoo wrote:I'll say it again - this is Pete's last season in Seattle if the teams doesn't make a legit hard run deep into the playoffs.
    Jerhawk
    NET Veteran

Tue Jun 26, 2018 9:41 pm
  • Spin Doctor wrote:
    Aros wrote:Man, every time I watch NFL Network, ala Total Access or Good Morning Football, all I hear is Cowboys, Giants, Patriots, Vikings, et al. I get it. They want to talk about the sexy teams. The storied clubs. But give me a break. The Seahawks go 9-7 (((shudder))) and suddenly we are not even worth mentioning, like, at ALL?

WELL I JUST DO!!!

Now get off my lawn.

Seattle had a year where they went 9-7. After that they jettisoned their best pass rusher, best defensive tackle, best cornerback, the starting strong safety possibly won't play again, and the starting FS is holding out. We also lost our number two receiver in Richardson and our number 1 redzone threat in Jimmy. We fired our staff, and replaced them with coaches with a spotty track record. We haven't done much in the way of addressing our O-line woes that have been persistent for many years now either. As good as Solari's track record is -- he won't be able to magically make things better over night.

If you're looking at the Seahawks from an outsiders prospective, how exactly does this team inspire any confidence? There are much too many "ifs" and "buts". I don't think we're going to be as bad as the national media thinks we are, but honestly I'm having a hard time seeing us go over .500. Too many things have to come together for the Seahawks at this point for us to make any sort of run. The only way the Seahawk's look promising is if you're a fan that can ignore glaring flaws in the roster and coaching staff (Schottenheimer is a joke).

Mostly solid points except for the offensive coaching staff, which if they are anywhere close to average will be a HUGE improvement over the previous fellas. ...and while unproven I think the Hawks nailed this draft and will get some instant impact players out of it.

Now what was *allas’ record last year, and why are they getting pub????
    That team has been mediocre as hell for 2 decades plus.... same ownership same headcoach but different results??? nope.

I can see the hype for the Rams, and the up and coming Niners, though I think they will struggle more than most but the arrow is headed up, but these goofuses always pick *allas and they go out and crap the bed every time. Though I do get a kick out Michael “Crackhead” Irvin’s annual “Cowboys are going to win the SuperBowl and I mean it this time” prediction. 8)
    SEATTLE SEAHAWKS SUPERBOWL XLVIII CHAMPIONS!

May the spirit of our friend The Radish live on forever!

I SO do not care about your fantasy team and who's on it!
    Sports Hernia
    NET Ring Of Honor

Tue Jun 26, 2018 11:56 pm
  • I have Sirius Satellite Radio. I listen to the NFL channel all season long and monitor it during the off season. They had a segment on yesterday covering the Seahawks O-line and how the new coaches and players will pan out. It was a very detailed segment. 15 minutes long. Jim Miller is easy to listen to. He explains things very thorough. He's got me feeling good about this season and the offense.

NFL.com has had some articles of late. Not as much as they have the last 5 or 6 years but at least they're there.

Look at the bright side, they've come a loooong way since the Behring years.
    ~ HOLY CATFISH ~
    MD5eahawks
    NET Veteran

Wed Jun 27, 2018 8:19 am
  • Aros wrote:
    adeltaY wrote:Imagine how it is for Bucs, Bears, Bills, Bengals, Dolphins, Cards fans to name a few. For some of those teams it's been years since they were relevant in the media. At least we had a solid run where we were talked about. It's only going to last as long as you win unless you're Dallas.

The sadly humorous thing about your post is that I literally hear far more about those teams you mentioned then I ever hear the Seahawks mentioned. I am totally not joking.

I am trying to think of a team that is less talked about than the Seahawks. The Bills are close. Bengals too. Wow, when you have been in the playoffs the last 4 out of 5 years, been in two Super Bowls in that time, winning one, ALMOST winning the second back-to-back, have a super star QB and...

Crickets.

South Alaska indeed.

You're definitely being dramatic now. Im willing to bet I watch just as much NFL Network as you and the Cardinals, Bucs, Bears, Bengals, Bills, and Dolphins are never discussed either.
    Steve2222
    NET Veteran

Wed Jun 27, 2018 8:47 am
  • Sports Hernia wrote:
    Spin Doctor wrote:
    Aros wrote:Man, every time I watch NFL Network, ala Total Access or Good Morning Football, all I hear is Cowboys, Giants, Patriots, Vikings, et al. I get it. They want to talk about the sexy teams. The storied clubs. But give me a break. The Seahawks go 9-7 (((shudder))) and suddenly we are not even worth mentioning, like, at ALL?

WELL I JUST DO!!!

Now get off my lawn.

Mostly solid points except for the offensive coaching staff, which if they are anywhere close to average will be a HUGE improvement over the previous fellas. ...and while unproven I think the Hawks nailed this draft and will get some instant impact players out of it.

Now what was *allas’ record last year, and why are they getting pub????
    That team has been mediocre as hell for 2 decades plus.... same ownership same headcoach but different results??? nope.

I can see the hype for the Rams, and the up and coming Niners, though I think they will struggle more than most but the arrow is headed up, but these goofuses always pick *allas and they go out and crap the bed every time. Though I do get a kick out Michael “Crackhead” Irvin’s annual “Cowboys are going to win the SuperBowl and I mean it this time” prediction. 8)

Why do you think the Seahawks "nailed" this draft? Even the first round RB is currently only getting snaps with the 2s... That's not promising for an "instant impact" player. Not to say he couldn't develop into a great back, but zero draft picks running with the 1s is not a good sign. Especially when so many veteran stars were let go or are injured. You'd expect at least a handful of rookies to be getting reps with the 1s.
    QuickLightning
    NET Rookie

Wed Jun 27, 2018 9:04 am
  • Aros wrote:
    adeltaY wrote:Imagine how it is for Bucs, Bears, Bills, Bengals, Dolphins, Cards fans to name a few. For some of those teams it's been years since they were relevant in the media. At least we had a solid run where we were talked about. It's only going to last as long as you win unless you're Dallas.

Crickets.

South Alaska indeed.

Aros....you nailed it! We live in the far reaches of the Northwest. Over 2/3's of the US population live East of the Mississippi. Look at the map....it is a long way from the Mississippi to the Pacific Ocean. The next closest team is 800 miles to the South. When we are as isolated as we are......fewer people care about us.
    Proud Member of the .Net Old Farts Society
    Bigpumpkin
    NET Veteran

Wed Jun 27, 2018 9:14 am
  • Bigpumpkin wrote:
    Aros wrote:

Crickets.

South Alaska indeed.

Aros....you nailed it! We live in the far reaches of the Northwest. Over 2/3's of the US population live East of the Mississippi. Look at the map....it is a long way from the Mississippi to the Pacific Ocean. The next closest team is 800 miles to the South. When we are as isolated as we are......fewer people care about us.

Until they want to fly somewhere, buy anything on the planet online, use a PC, or build a home with real wood....then they love the hell out of us!!...(but sadly few know where it even came from) :idea:
    Last edited by Seymour on Wed Jun 27, 2018 9:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
    Seymour
    NET Veteran

Wed Jun 27, 2018 9:16 am

WELL I JUST DO!!!

Now get off my lawn.

Its hard to not see the Vikings/Eagles as talking about in the NFC though. They played to go to the superbowl and havent lost much. Vikings have gotten better IMO, with adding Cousins at QB, getting Cook back at RB who was the NFL leading rusher when he got injured for the season, and adding Kendall Wright as the 3rd WR behind Diggs and Thielen. And from what I have been reading Treadwell has been tearing it up in the offseason so far who was a 1st round pick a few years ago.

Then on the defensive side they added Richardson who I thought played really well for us last year, and drafted Mike Hughes to a pretty stacked secondary allready.

If they are talking about Giants/Cowboys idk why. I wouldnt consider either of those teams to be much of anything special or above the Seahawks

"Jed York does not own the 49ers; Russell Wilson does"
    WilsonMVP
    NET Veteran

Wed Jun 27, 2018 9:27 am
  • People can speculate all they want, the reality is they don't know, Know one does, we could go 5-11 or 11-5. We will see. I think we have a great shot at the playoffs, but again it all depends on how the offense runs, and how quickly the defense picks it up, oh and if our FG kicker can be consistent.
    Hawk1217
    NET Rookie

Wed Jun 27, 2018 9:34 am
  • The national sports media generally seems to be of the mindset “if you have an elite quarterback, you always have a chance.” Most now recognize Russell Wilson as a top 3 guy. So why that old rule of thumb doesn’t apply to the Hawks is beyond me. Look, they are going to be better at running the ball. I’m excited to see the offense. Will the d take a step back? Quite possibly, but that is the side of the ball I’d much rather have them try to “coach up.”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    James in PA
    NET Veteran

Thu Jun 28, 2018 3:43 am
  • Every year there is a team or two that the "experts" claim will suck and they turn out pretty good. And vice versa. Hype hype hype and the team misses the playoffs.
    Just my opinion, but it's clear that many WANT the Hawks to fail. Good, hope they continue to write them off.
    I still expect that they will be back in the playoffs in 2019 though.
    R.I.P. THE EDGAR, YOU WILL BE MISSED......
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Pro Bowler

Thu Jun 28, 2018 4:32 am
  • Not really surprised.

Just look at our own poll. Many feel this is rebuild year...no chance to make the playoffs, so why should the media focus on a non playoff team, especially if it's own fan base feels the same way?

Unless you're the Cowboys.
    truehawksfan
    NET Veteran

Thu Jun 28, 2018 7:23 am
  • I would guess that of TV coverage by the minute of airtime.... the leaders on NFL/ESPN are:
    1-Tom Brady, the GOAT, 10+ times more talked about than anything Seahawks. 20-minute segment about a hangnail.
    2-New York Jets and Giants, 5+ times more talked about than anything Seahawks. Even though those teams suck.
    3-Every other team, with exception of bottom feeders, 2+ times more talked about than anything Seahawks. Regional bias at it's best.

Another thing that goes on 24/7 is the "analysts", "experts" or whatever you care to call them are pretty much bias when it comes to talking about their past teams (or games they played in 20 years ago, etc.) and always, how great those teams are or will be this year. I also find it annoying that ever guy on TV has to "rank" teams/players, who gives a crap about those? I think one must always consider the qualifications and lack thereof of a writer/commentator to do thinks like rankings, garbage in garbage out, it's all a bunch of BS, especially now, during the dead season.
    :smilingalien:
    ------------------Rashaad Penny, the next great Seahawks RB.------------------
    CamanoIslandJQ
    NET Veteran

Thu Jun 28, 2018 7:42 am
  • And them crowning the Rams the SuperbOwl champ, even though they haven't won a playoff game since 2004. And you can't forget them crowning Jimmy G the next Joe Montana :roll:
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Pro Bowler

Fri Jun 29, 2018 7:08 am
  • SoulfishHawk wrote:Every year there is a team or two that the "experts" claim will suck and they turn out pretty good. And vice versa. Hype hype hype and the team misses the playoffs.
    Just my opinion, but it's clear that many WANT the Hawks to fail. Good, hope they continue to write them off.
    I still expect that they will be back in the playoffs in 2019 though.

This post is absolutely right on, great post Soulfish!

Until the bullets fly, it’s just all just speculation. A critical injury, locker room squabbles, or a million other things could derail the so called favourites; and teams with young rosters may just find themselves jelling a a team without some of their moved out older self-centred stars.

The Hawks have a solid roster even without those players the talking heads are wringing their hands over the team losing. Seattle could easily be a great deal more talented than credited by those same hand wringers. We just need to wait and watch. The Hawks will be younger, faster, and very hungry for the opportunity to be recognized as very talented.
    Until we develop a pass rush that will cause opposing teams to be forced to scheme to defend it we will never be able to consistently take the final step. The interior rush needs improvement. The OLine clearly still needs work.

Super Bowl XLVIII Champions at last after 38 seasons. Awesome!!!
    jammerhawk
    NET Veteran

Fri Jun 29, 2018 7:37 am
  • It will feel strange to go in to a season and not having SuperbOwl or bust expectations. But, thru the up and down of a season, it should be a fun year. Even if we are pounding our heads against the wall at times. It's all about opportunities for the young guys who have been waiting for their shot. Shoot, look at guys like Sherm and Kam, they weren't starters out of the gate. But they got their shot and never looked back. And I'm sure many of us are excited about the coaching changes as much as anything.
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Pro Bowler

Fri Jun 29, 2018 10:08 am
  • True that, however this year's version of the team will be a whole lot better than some believe and although Sleeping on Seattle is much in vogue there could be a lot of crow chowed down on before the end of the season.

There are quite a few guys on the team who have been waiting for their respective shot to be the guy at their position and who will be trying to ball out. The real question is what is their genuine ability or are they just backup level players. I predict there will be some real surprises at a few positions this year and the break through will happen for a couple.

Generally I can't see how the team will be worse on O than they were last year. I believe the OLine will be be somewhat improved just by the slight change in scheme and the increased experience of the candidates for the five starting spots. Besides that the team will likely be a lot improved running the ball. That latter improvement will assist the D as the three and outs will decrease. I also think the group of 12 candidates on the roster at WR are a stronger group than the team has seen here in a very long time. For the most part they are bigger and faster and at least will hopefully start the season healthier than ever before. At TE the team now has a corps of TEs that can actually block instead of Jimmying around. Those of them asked to catch the ball have a history of being able to do just that in a different way than Jimmy did, but which should be quite adequate. Russell just gets better with experience and with better blocking will have a better year not having to run for his life every play.

I think the D is better than anyone gives us credit. The Sophomores and Juniors and 4th year backups who have been waiting for their respective shots are all not poor replacement candidates. W/o Sherman, Chancellor, and Thomas of course the secondary is going to be less well regarded but they played well last season w/o their star players and some were actually pretty darn good. Will the cliff be that steep in terms of drop off? I guess it depends upon your thinking. If nothing else this group will be disrespected until they show that are for real and when they are recognized as being pretty good they will in fact be just that. There will be some players who genuinely surprise and beat the uninformed expectations of them by a wide margin. These guys especially this on the Line will be pretty darn hungry and will have some big shoulder chips to deal with as they are being almost completely disrespected.

Finally the kicking game and ST results should be better by the reality of the competition for the jobs. Not having a head case PK is a good thing.and the punter's job will be an most interesting battle to watch in camp.

I expect the team to be in the discussion with LA for the Divisional title, to me SF is very overrated and the Cardinals are to me still better than the Digits. Of course time will tell.
    Until we develop a pass rush that will cause opposing teams to be forced to scheme to defend it we will never be able to consistently take the final step. The interior rush needs improvement. The OLine clearly still needs work.

jammerhawk
    NET Veteran

Fri Jun 29, 2018 10:28 am
  • Santa Clara is this the flavor of the week this year. I'll believe it when they start beating good teams in games that matter.
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Pro Bowler

Fri Jun 29, 2018 11:13 am
  • I'm honestly curious who the guys on D waiting behind established starters for a shot are? I'm assuming you mean players who have been on the team or practice squad at least a couple years. Neiko Thorpe, Deandre Elliot, and? I think we are relying more on rookies and recent additions than players we have been developing on defense tbh.
    adeltaY
    NET Veteran

Fri Jun 29, 2018 11:58 am
  • The secondary is going to be thrown on and a lot, they are going to see what they can defend, that means a lot of opportunity for interceptions. I expect if the guys can step up and fit oh and catch the ball the first half of the season we will know how good we are back there, Shaq proved himself last year, Maxie is a known, only the safety play is a question if we have no Thomas, McDougald played well in his roll last year as well.

They are really looking to see if someone can take Maxies position away from him and develop a guy to replace Thomas, Coleman has the Nickel locked down.

On the line they are disrespected as of now, but I think we have the horses, 3 1st rounders healthy and returning, draft picks and red shirts that can play and have shown something and our hold overs. Teams will push that till we push back and get QB hits and sacks and stone wall the run game.

Pete and Ken will have the defense playing down hill, that's what they are known for and what they do best.

To Be P/C or Not P/C That is the Question..........Seahawks kick Ass !!!!
    Check your PM's, Thank you for everything Radish RIP My Friend. :les:
    Member of the 38 club.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

Fri Jun 29, 2018 12:33 pm
  • I prefer to take an upbeat, more positive attitude toward the "newly re-adjusted" Seahawks team this season. All of the predictions and rankings and down talking on the team, before even the pre-season is silly IMO. In a few weeks, after the real training camp followed by pre-season games, then, more accurate information will be available for those that want to speculate on season records. I'm still trying to understand how any player on any team can be properly evaluated based on "how they looked" in no pads OTA practices, do we want Mr. Olympus or a good football player?

-What if PC/JS actually hit on numerous draft picks in the draft? They wanted to improve the run & I think they did.
    -What if Rashaad Penny is the real deal and accumulates 1500-2000 all purpose yards and lots of TD's? It's possible.
    -What if the rearranged scheme and OL coach works & personnel on the OL become at least average in the league?
    -What if the special teams unit ends up being one of the best in years? Penny is a GREAT returner after all.
    -What if all the Seahawk opponents read this rebuilding crap and come into games very over confident? Maybe?
    -What if, due to time of possession, other teams have to rally faster & throw more into the teeth of the Seahawks DB's, thus increasing turnovers because they have to proceed with urgency to score quickly?

The recent Seahawk draft will be a big key to the success of the team this season and I'd fully expect several of their draft picks to excel. None of the above "what if's" are impossible and if the team can hit on several of them, there is no reason they can't get to the playoffs this year. Once in the dance, then anything can happen, even a SB. See, it's not really too difficult to try and remain positive and avoid all the negative crap. Positive=Happy, Negative=Sad. I'd rater be happy.

:smilingalien:
    Last edited by CamanoIslandJQ on Fri Jun 29, 2018 12:40 pm, edited 2 times in total.
    ------------------Rashaad Penny, the next great Seahawks RB.------------------
    CamanoIslandJQ
    NET Veteran

Fri Jun 29, 2018 12:36 pm
  • Good points. It's definitely a choice. Positive is a lot better on my health :)
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Pro Bowler

Fri Jun 29, 2018 4:08 pm
  • adeltaY wrote:I'm honestly curious who the guys on D waiting behind established starters for a shot are? I'm assuming you mean players who have been on the team or practice squad at least a couple years. Neiko Thorpe, Deandre Elliot, and? I think we are relying more on rookies and recent additions than players we have been developing on defense tbh.

I think the guys on D waiting for their potential shot to be the starter are:

Absolutely DE- Clark and then

DE- Jordan
    DE- Smith (both players need to come healthy and stay healthy, but if they do there could be a very interesting camp battle for the job.
    DT- Naz Jones
    DT- Reed
    OLB- Alexander (probably only on ST)
    CB- Thorpe
    FS- Tedric Thompson
    SS- Delano Hill

There is a shorter list on O, but still a few guys who have potential to start.

None of these are guys acquired in FA or through the draft or by trade, this offseason. Some of them are very interesting and could be a nice fit while challenging for starting gig or even presumptively already potentially having that job, (i.e.: Mingo @ SOLB).

jammerhawk
    NET Veteran

It is currently Thu Nov 22, 2018 3:05 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information