Last year right before week 1 if someone told you....

2_0_6

Reaction score
A year from now you wont have Sherm, Earl, Kam, KJ, Jimmy or Mike B playing week one what would your response have been?

I got asked that by a coworker (49ers fan) today, and it truly sank in how much this team is different this year. Really crazy to think about.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
It's an interesting question for sure. I would initially think that there will be a lot less drama. But......that the team would take a dip and that Pete would have his work cut out for him.

Seymour

Reaction score
Don't forget Avril please.

If some whiner fan told me that.....I'd simply have to respond "in your dreams".

I could see a couple gone but 6 high caliber starters (KJ should be back)?? Never.

lukerguy

Reaction score
Honestly, to me it will always feel like the "same" Seahawks as long as Pete and Russ are here.

Once either of those two go, it will definitely take some getting used to...especially Pete.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
I've said it many times, the Front Office has no way of knowing that so many guys would get injured. Let alone having Avril and Kam basically retire from neck injuries.
Twisted telling me that the front office is clueless in 3....2.....1....... :lol:
I kid.......

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
2_0_6":3hohz5sz said:
A year from now you wont have Sherm, Earl, Kam, KJ, Jimmy or Mike B playing week one what would your response have been?.

Yes to all except Earl and KJ (and we don't know the extent of KJ's scope yet, could be ready to go by week 1 or 2).

The rest? yes, the writing was already on the wall at this time last year that there was some strain between Pete and how he was trying to fix the negative team culture that had been going on for a while.

So no, it doesn't surprise me that guys like Bennett, Sherman and Kam are gone.

AgentDib

Reaction score
Sheldon Richardson would be the biggest surprise for me, given that we gave up Kearse and a 2nd round pick for what turned into a single year rental.

The Earl situation would also be surprising but that's mainly to do with how ineptly his camp has managed the whole process.

kobebryant

Reaction score
What if I had told you in 2013 that ultimately one member of the LOB would retire due to neck trauma, one would be a 49er, one would be requesting a trade to the Cowboys, and one would be facing attempted murder chargers.

Really have to make sure to enjoy and appreciate things in the moment.

seahawkfreak

Reaction score
The calls for coaching changes didn't go unheard this year. This is what it looks like when coaching changes happen. There was no way veteran, Super Bowl winning players were going to buy into new coaching philosophy or really any changes in general. They had already started to rebel.

The change was overdue but maybe it was necessary to keep the FO from being accused of being purely reactionary (I know there are more variables but this would have been the headline).

Seanhawk

Reaction score
kobebryant":3swvm3ek said:
What if I had told you in 2013 that ultimately one member of the LOB would retire due to neck trauma, one would be a 49er, one would be requesting a trade to the Cowboys, and one would be facing attempted murder chargers.

Really have to make sure to enjoy and appreciate things in the moment.

I think I could have nailed which one was which.

Ruminator

Reaction score
I would have been surprised, but not shocked, had that list of ex-Seahawks-to-be been presented to me back then. And yet, it appears most fans, myself included, are optimistic regarding the current state of the team. Not necessarily with expectations of dominating and going 13-3 or anything, but optimistic all the same. Had there been fewer or no coaching changes, and had the 2018 draft been unremarkable, that probably wouldn't be so.

byau

Reaction score
Ruminator":1385tw7l said:
I would have been surprised, but not shocked, had that list of ex-Seahawks-to-be been presented to me back then. And yet, it appears most fans, myself included, are optimistic regarding the current state of the team. Not necessarily with expectations of dominating and going 13-3 or anything, but optimistic all the same. Had there been fewer or no coaching changes, and had the 2018 draft been unremarkable, that probably wouldn't be so.

Same..surprised, but not shocked. Injuries aside, the poison still hanging over the heads of SB 49, some people had a hard time letting go and still do. That might plague us for awhile still. And it wasn't an insane idea that a lot of those guys would be gone.

In fact, I'm surprised Earl is still here! I mean, I LOVE Earl, my favorite Seahawk. And I would hope they would keep him, but if he's not in the plans, then what the heck ....

I'm definitely looking forward to this season. Pressure is a bit off, it might not be a great year, but eventually I think a new group of chip-on-your-shoulder guys is going to emerge in the next few years and it'll be pretty exciting!

rjdriver

Reaction score
Add Jon Ryan to that list. Although not an impact player , he was a staple on this team for a decade. Crazy.