QB Alex McGough signed to Seahawks practice squad

hawknation2018

Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/Eric_Edholm/status/1036649807157370880[/tweet]

As expected, the Seahawks have agreed to pay him his full salary of $505,922.

[tweet]https://twitter.com/Eric_Edholm/status/1036650544444649472[/tweet]

McGough was PFF’s 2nd highest graded QB of the preseason (min. 60 drop backs) and 3rd highest graded overall passer. He demonstrated excellent poise and elusiveness against pressure and the arm strength and instincts to make big plays downfield. He should be a good scout team QB, with Brett Hundley serving as backup.

OP
OP
hawknation2018

hawknation2018

Reaction score
Thepeelsessions":1zqrllbv said:
Here's the current official PS, per David Hsu

https://mobile.twitter.com/DavisHsuSeattle/status/1036662256371560448

Glad to see Roos and McGough back. What can some of you Husky fans tell us about Lavon Coleman. Looking over his draft profile, he has nice size, but it seems he has a Bishop Sankey running style. Does this seem accurate?

He’s a bruiser with decent straight-line speed and tackle beaking ability. Good receiver and pass blocker. It has been speculated that Coleman should learn the fullback position, in addition to special teams.

sutz

Reaction score
Technically, he's still vulnerable, but normally a team won't snatch a PS QB unless their starter goes down. Good to hear he is still here.

Seafan

Reaction score
My concern was Miami and Tampa. He's from Tampa. Good move by the Hawks to give him his full salary. He's a project but he has great tools.

olyfan63

Reaction score
Watching McGough's preseason highlights tape--actually rather impressive!
Some nice NFL-quality throws, zinged in there; some nice "touch" pass balls dropped in; quality catches of his passes by multiple receivers; decent pocket awareness of pressure, and ability to run and find gaps in the defense when he runs.

I would sure think McGough had other interest based on his Seahawks highlights tape.
What's not to love? Really, just his knowledge of the offense, and lack of seasoning and experience.

Very, very glad the Seahawks were able to hang onto this guy.
Who he reminds me of... Dave Krieg with an arm and athletic ability! Can you imagine if Krieg had an NFL-quality arm, the damage he could have done?

chris98251

Reaction score
olyfan63":2azadzo9 said:
Watching McGough's preseason highlights tape--actually rather impressive!
Some nice NFL-quality throws, zinged in there; some nice "touch" pass balls dropped in; quality catches of his passes by multiple receivers; decent pocket awareness of pressure, and ability to run and find gaps in the defense when he runs.

I would sure think McGough had other interest based on his Seahawks highlights tape.
What's not to love? Really, just his knowledge of the offense, and lack of seasoning and experience.

Very, very glad the Seahawks were able to hang onto this guy.
Who he reminds me of... Dave Krieg with an arm and athletic ability! Can you imagine if Krieg had an NFL-quality arm, the damage he could have done?

He was right behind Marino for a long time in yards. Career 38147, I would say he did ok with his arm.

olyfan63

Reaction score
My point was Krieg was amazing with the limited arm strength he had. He had touch, accuracy, smarts... just not a cannon.

So I did a Google search for "Dave Krieg arm strength" and this is the result I got:

Should Dave Krieg Be In The Hall of Fame? YES | Random Sports Site ...
https://somerandomsite.com/.../344326-s ... f-fame-yes
Feb 12, 2010 - Not many people outside of Seattle know about Dave Krieg. The 6'1, 205 pound Quarterback from some college called Milton. It is time people ...
Missing: arm ‎strength

Wow, just searching for Dave Krieg, instantly reveals that he was missing "arm strength".

chris98251

Reaction score
olyfan63":17hqabi4 said:
My point was Krieg was amazing with the limited arm strength he had. He had touch, accuracy, smarts... just not a cannon.

So I did a Google search for "Dave Krieg arm strength" and this is the result I got:

Feb 12, 2010 - Not many people outside of Seattle know about Dave Krieg. The 6'1, 205 pound Quarterback from some college called Milton. It is time people ...

Wow, just searching for Dave Krieg, instantly reveals that he was missing "arm strength".

So was Joe Montana.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
chris98251":1b11x9zg said:
olyfan63":1b11x9zg said:

So was Joe Montana.
That was never my thought when seeing him play..Krieg had plenty
of arm strength when he needed it,The weakness would have to be the
small hands that fumbled too much.

olyfan63

Reaction score
IndyHawk":2fktnj4j said:
chris98251":2fktnj4j said:
olyfan63":2fktnj4j said:
--snip

So was Joe Montana.

OK, so who remembers the situation and opponent when Krieg became the #1 QB for good?

The way I recall it... Seattle was down about 21-0 at halftime to Pittsburgh. Zorn was generally ineffective.
Seattle put Krieg in, and suddenly, passes were on target, and receivers were catching them. Seattle scored 3 times in the second half, still lost like 27-21, but that was the day Krieg took over, IIRC.

I was in Western Montana, I think in high school, watching the game on a 9 inch color TV with rabbit ears.
Being compared to Dave Krieg is an honor for pretty much any rookie QB.

McGough appears to have a stronger arm, in terms of zinging them in, than Dave Krieg. Runs better/faster/ more elusively too.

chris98251

Reaction score
olyfan63":2w1e3lgc said:
IndyHawk":2w1e3lgc said:
chris98251":2w1e3lgc said:
olyfan63":2w1e3lgc said:
--snip

So was Joe Montana.

OK, so who remembers the situation and opponent when Krieg became the #1 QB for good?

The way I recall it... Seattle was down about 21-0 at halftime to Pittsburgh. Zorn was generally ineffective.
Seattle put Krieg in, and suddenly, passes were on target, and receivers were catching them. Seattle scored 3 times in the second half, still lost like 27-21, but that was the day Krieg took over, IIRC.

I was in Western Montana, I think in high school, watching the game on a 9 inch color TV with rabbit ears.
Being compared to Dave Krieg is an honor for pretty much any rookie QB.

McGough appears to have a stronger arm, in terms of zinging them in, than Dave Krieg. Runs better/faster/ more elusively too.

If I remember correctly Zorn had came back from a Theisman like Broken leg, he never looked the same, he lost his mobility and Moxie, trying to remember but I think he had a couple turnovers and Knox had had enough, he never liked mobile QB's anyway. Plus Zorn was Left handed and it meant everyone had to do stuff a bit differently. Knox was always hard on QB's and never trusted them to win games, why I think he never won to a Super Bowl, Run game and Defense was his bread and butter.

Latest posts