Yesterday's announcers

Jazzhawk

Reaction score
Love Dick Stockton, and usually Mark Schlereth too, but good gawd, Mark Schlereth was such a homer I thought I was listening to a Broncos broadcast! Ugh.

Seymour

Reaction score
It would be nice if they could tell us the friggen punt went 69 yards before 2 quarters later, and they could learn how to pronounce the name of our players like Procise. :pukeface:

TreeRon

Reaction score
Seymour":1wfqfk2a said:
It would be nice if they could tell us the friggen punt went 69 yards before 2 quarters later, and they could learn how to pronounce the name of our players like Procise. :pukeface:

Is it Perry or Penny ? Rashaad or Rasheed?

I expect MS to be a homer as he's a Bronc but Stockton sucked.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
It was pathetic, there's no reason for a former player to be calling games for his former team. Weak.
I kept waiting for him to say "we" at some point. But, he flat out said "let's" a few times. :roll:

Steve2222

Reaction score
I actually thought they were pretty fair straight across

OP
OP
Jazzhawk

Jazzhawk

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":3gwakc20 said:
I kept waiting for him to say "we" at some point. :roll:

He did... towards the end of the game.

zetes

Reaction score
Jazzhawk":sgb1hg5k said:
SoulfishHawk":sgb1hg5k said:
I kept waiting for him to say "we" at some point. :roll:

He did... towards the end of the game.

I heard it a bunch of times. I expected that homerism during a pre-season game but not in a regular season game. I actually like having something else to cheer against so I shouting at the TV "How do you like that Schlereth!!!" :0190l: after the first Hawks TD. Of course, my 7 year old responded with "You do know they can't hear you, right???"

Z.

Spin Doctor

Reaction score
Mark Schlereth did a good job. He talked about the Seahawks quite a bit, and was praising them for hanging in there and fighting a tough game. He was obviously more excited when the Broncos made a good play, but he would quickly gather himself and go back to trying to be professional. He seemed to have a good beat on what was going on with the Seahawks, and seemed better informed than many of the other announcers I've seen. Now, that being said the other announcer was pretty bad.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Steve2222":oub4vko0 said:

It was, but people like to hear the narrative that fits their opinion.

Schlereth was even on with Brock and Salk Friday morning explaining that he's harder on the Broncos when he calls games than he is on the other team.............like a parent with their own child.

I actually enjoyed the broadcast, Schlereth has an exuberant way of calling a game, and some good insight when he breaks down a replay.

If you don't like the broadcast team, don't stink and get the 8th string broadcast crew cause no one outside the two markets is watching you play.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
It's not really that important, and it's been much worse in other games. I just don't think a former player should be an announcer for the game that his former team plays in. Just my own thing. But certainly isn't a big deal.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":5igqija8 said:
It's not really that important, and it's been much worse in other games. I just don't think a former player should be an announcer for the game that his former team plays in. Just my own thing. But certainly isn't a big deal.

Kind of a hard rule to enforce don't you think, seeing as just about every broadcast team has an ex-player as the color commentator?

I think too many Hawk fans are myopic and don't watch enough football outside the Hawks to see that most broadcast crews aren't very good, especially the boring color person on the team..........so they think they're biased against the Hawks cause they're not used to hearing criticism of their beloved Seahawks.

A better rule is who cares 80% of the crews suck balls.

sutz

Reaction score
:snack:

The weekly "Seahawks don't get no respect thread." Right on schedule.

20160330 RODNEYDANGERFIELD NORESPECT

:twisted:

:stirthepot:

Coug_Hawk08

Reaction score
The Lockett TD was a hilariously ordinary call. “Oh, yeah, good catch. BUT LOOK AT THE BRONCOS RB RUSH FOR SEVEN YARDS! OH MY!”

chawx

Reaction score
Steve2222":1d496ybs said:

Naw, they weren't.

But like others have said, what does it matter what they say? It's not like they are in the ear of the officials or coaches. And there is no way the replay center in NY is listening to what they are saying when deciding what happens on a review.

If I'm Rasheem, or Rashawn Perry...er Penny ... or CJ Prosees or Process ...er Procise. I'm putting a chip on my shoulder to be better so those guys learn my damn name. No one's messing up A-A-Ron Rodgers' name.

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
Only on .NET would people cry about the announcers. Who cares.

danp1990

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":50jj74cn said:

Kinda like Warren Moon for us Lol, i agree though. I hate when we play the cowboys and Troy commentates. hopefully wont happen on our season opener! :evil:

IndyHawk

Reaction score
chawx":1730fk97 said:
Steve2222":1730fk97 said:

Naw, they weren't.

But like others have said, what does it matter what they say? It's not like they are in the ear of the officials or coaches. And there is no way the replay center in NY is listening to what they are saying when deciding what happens on a review.

If I'm Rasheem, or Rashawn Perry...er Penny ... or CJ Prosees or Process ...er Procise. I'm putting a chip on my shoulder to be better so those guys learn my damn name. No one's messing up A-A-Ron Rodgers' name.
I can't help but remember Harry Carey when he used to do Cub Games..
You would listen to him be half drunk trying to say different names and say them wrong
all the time but if the team won nobody cared.

poly1274

Reaction score
You better hope Beth Mowins isn't annoucing next week. I can't stand it.

Crizilla

Reaction score
Steve2222":6cj7ab13 said:

this

how about we talk about the teams performance instead of the announcers.

Steve2222

Reaction score
chawx":97sgwyol said:
Steve2222":97sgwyol said:

Naw, they weren't.

Eh that’s your opinion dude. They were fair. I heard plenty of praise towards the Seahawks. Usually the team that is playing better gets more praise. The Broncos played better than us yesterday.