Specific improvements that you would like to see vs Bears

toffee

Reaction score
For me:

Offense-
1. 80% Carson, 20% Penny, and take advantage of FB/TE in running.
2. 60% passing plays, 30% running, request Russ to make quick throw 60% of the time.
3. 80% Ifedi, 20% fant at RT
4. 80% Will at TE, 20% other.
5. Play Lockett at slot with Marshall.

Defense-
1. DL to achieve 6 QB hits and 2 sacks.
2. Wagner to wake up.
3. To see Tre Flower play at the level of 2nd half in game 1
4. To see improvements from Shaquill, he needs to step up.

James in PA

Reaction score
QUICK passes and better play from Wilson
20+ carries for Carson
Ifedi yanked immediately the moment he commits a penalty or gives up a sack
A WR other than Marshall and Tyler L making a decent contribution
More Dissly
No missed FGs or PATs
No long TDS given up
Better at stopping the run
Better at pressuring the QB

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Actually committing to the run. Short passing game. Let Russ roll out to his RIGHT and either run for some yards or get some short passes off. Quicker passing game as well. And an real pass rush would be massive. MUCH better on 3rd downs on offense and defense. Can't be giving up 5 or 6 yards on first down runs either. The roll out call on 3rd and inches was an absolutely putrid call. No more of that crap. Pound the rock.

Tinymac2

Reaction score
A RB rushes for 100 yds.
A 50/50 rush pass ratio.
We win the time of possesion battle.
Offensively, no turn overs and at least 50% third down conversion.
No missed FG or PAT
Defensively, 2 or more take aways.
3 or more sacks with 10 QB hits.
5 pass defended.

We win.

I want the whole team to step it up. It's time to evolve.

Jerhawk

Reaction score
Somebody to help chip Mack when lined up on Ifedi

Norton to mix up the coverage with different blitz packages, more man to man, and other things. Rather than letting Tribisky sit back and pick us apart with 6 yard throws.

Wilson to consistently get rid of the ball under 3 seconds.

Run the ball at least 20 times

justafan

Reaction score
Clean up mistakes in D backfield

Run gap responsibility

Run the ball

Account for Mack every play

mistaowen

Reaction score
Beat them with quick passing until they adjust, then try the homeruns.

Get manageable third down to go's.

Get a rhythm going on offense. The defense getting a turnover or big stop that leads to a 3 and out taking off 25 seconds is so disheartening. Something that's happened for the past few seasons.

Snapping the ball before 0.5 seconds on the play clock.

Young guys on D show some improvement, even if it's minimal.

Dickson to average 70 yards a punt.

NJlargent

Reaction score
To come out with emotion and to play like we are prepared.

AgentDib

Reaction score
ivotuk":3j61gh9i said:
A NEW fullback. Tre Madden doesn't cut it.
Another option is no fullback. You can still get rushing volume with increased read option, Fant as a 6th OL, and Vannett in the backfield in jumbo packages.

Spin Doctor

Reaction score
1. Stop going away from your hot hand. Dissely only played for half of the offensive snaps, and most of them were in the first half. Second half he played some, but was on the bench a good portion of the time. Carson was averaging 7 yards per carry and still split time with Penny who looked decidedly mediocre that game. Fumble or not, Carson was probably the best player on offense that day. The usage of personnel was pretty dumbfounding.

2. More TE chips. I want our TE's to chip block before they go out to pass to slow the Mack truck down. He is going to run all over Ifedi if we don't. I want to see moving pockets, and plays designed to get Russ on the move, preferably away from Mack.

3. More Carson

4. I want us to set up jump ball passes for Brandon Marshall. He is the type of guy that can create separation with his body.

5. A more balanced approach in the passing game, as well as more run. Stop trying to make everything intermediate or long plays. We won't have that kind of luxury against this Bears team. I want more run, if for nothing else the mis direction potential. I loved Schottenheimers mis direction plays last game.

6. Get Russell in a rhythm. Give him easy passes to build confidence.

RiverDog

Reaction score
Defensively stop the run. Last week, Denver ran the ball 45% of the time and picked up nearly 150 yards rushing including 8 first downs. That kind of success takes our pass rush, blitzing, etc, off the table and leaves our inexperienced secondary exposed. So stop the run and make Turbisky beat us with his arm.

Offensively, I want to see more of Chris Carson and TE's giving more help to our tackles. I also want to see Russell getting rid of the ball quicker. 24 points should be enough to beat this team....so long as the ghost of Blair Walsh makes his kicks.

sutz

Reaction score
LeftHandSmoke":sad6v0pj said:
https://sports.theonion.com/russell-wilson-asks-seahawks-to-modify-play-where-he-s-1828976379
OK, that was funny!

:laugh:

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
NJlargent":aksutjpg said:
To come out with emotion and to play like we are prepared.

You're never going to see a fully prepared team with young players like we have, especially on defense. Rookies make mistakes, that's just part of the painful learning process.

A sign of good coaching and preparation is not seeing the same mistakes from the same players week after week *cough* Ifedi *cough*.

So yeah, look for guys like Griffin, Green, Calitro and Flowers to improve on some of their gap, fits and coverage mistakes.

adeltaY

Reaction score
I want to see some semblance of competent pass protection and I want to see at least two sustained TD drives of at least 10 plays. The boom/bust offense is not going to cut it.

Unpopular: don't run unless it's working early or if they see an exploitable weakness in a given formation. This team has been garbage running for years and I just want to see wins, don't care about "establishing the run" unless it's short yardage, clock-killing, or at the goal line.

94Smith

Reaction score
I think they should have Wilson run the ball more. He seems most dangerous when there is a threat of him ripping off 15 yards.

Seymour

Reaction score
94Smith":3hokh5de said:
I think they should have Wilson run the ball more. He seems most dangerous when there is a threat of him ripping off 15 yards.

This!
Hired!!! A niner knows Wilson better than many Hawk fans...

Anyone that has watched Wilson enough to know this....should know this! Wilson getting out and running gets him in the rhythm of the game quicker and backs the DE's from crashing in on him... (see first half slow starts and note when he starts to run he hits his game pace).

semiahmoo

Reaction score
Agree w/those calling for more run.

Carson shows promise. Give him the rock and pound/pound/pound.

RW is a much better QB when the weight of the offense is not totally on his shoulders. Teams are allowed to focus far too much on containing him. His speed is not what it used to be so this makes the offense even more vulnerable to getting thumped.

We need a reasonable run game to free Russ and the receivers up more and then hope to God our D can give us a chance at a win. At least the D is young/hungry these days. That's an improvement over the most recent seasons.