SDB: Seattle's Deep Ball Issues

adeltaY

Reaction score
Lots of fantastic articles about Seattle's offense this week!

I really liked the point about how they adapted the offensive gameplan against the Eagles where they got the ball out really quickly and Wilson excelled - yet they seemed to refuse to do this since.

The deep ball obsession needs to go. Get Wilson in rhythm with quick throws. I don't care if Schotty has to tell him he cannot throw a deep pass in the first six pass attempts. Of course, this is all likely moot because Pete. Also, I'm concerned that without Doug the receivers won't be able to separate quickly enough, except maybe Lockett.

http://seahawksdraftblog.com/seattles-d ... ell-bevell

Jville

Reaction score
It's a pleasure to read an article with thoughtful detail, documentation, and cohesion. A lot to absorb and digest.

Although, I'm now expecting three follow up pieces. After all, the scope of this article covers but one of the four variables that define the caustic ratio. And we know emphasis on realizing a strong positive caustic or toxic ratio is an annual goal of Carroll's program. Your right about Pete Carroll pressing ahead with an emphasis on explosive plays. That's not going to change.

Toxic ratio = (explosive offensive plays - offensive turn overs) + ( defensive takeaways - explosive plays given up)

Plenty of season left with which to gather thoughts and write about. Well done and much appreciated. :2thumbs: Looking forward to the next three potential articles on a toxic ratio series ..... I'm patient.

Latest posts