The Los Angeles Chargers

TheLegendOfBoom

Reaction score
Hello my fellow Seahawks.net brethren!

I hope we punch these Chargers in the mouth, continuously, this Sunday!

That is all!

Go Seahawks!

StoneCold

Reaction score
They look to be pretty good. Has anyone seen a good breakdown of where there at at this point in the season, a breakdown of what they're good at and where they're weak?

toffee

Reaction score
As a 12, this season is it. Not that we have won the super bowl, but for the past 5 weeks, every game we saw improvements, every game exceeded expectations. And the best of all, we don't have to listen to our 'stars' bitch and moan.

Go Hawks.

JRobinson

Reaction score
I hope y’all get worked over and then some. Don’t know if it will happen, but one can hope. Gonna be a tough game regardless but I think y’all win. Ever since y’all played us, y’all have been playing better for sure.

Seymour

Reaction score
JRobinson":1l2uev51 said:
I hope y’all get worked over and then some. Don’t know if it will happen, but one can hope. Gonna be a tough game regardless but I think y’all win. Ever since y’all played us, y’all have been playing better for sure.

I know it seemed like we all were on that field against you, but honestly, there were only 53 playin' ya.....seriously! :greetingsearthling:

sutz

Reaction score
I still can't get used to saying that.

AgentDib

Reaction score
I've watched the condensed version of their games this season and they look good.

Their offense is excellent. Rivers has been very accurate this season and trusts his three big receivers to make contested catches. Our CBs will have their work cut out for them but Flowers length and physicality should be a good match up for us. Gordon is averaging over 5 yards per rushing attempt and they throw the ball to him a lot out of the backfield.

Their defense is more of a question mark. They've been good overall but have only played two strong offenses and lost both of those games with 35+ points given up in each. They run a 3-4 defense with Brandon Mebane at nose tackle and mainly generate edge pressure from Ingram and a rotating 4th and 5th rusher on blitzes.

rjdriver

Reaction score
SAN DIEGO is a popular sleeper to win the AFC. They are very talented, and only have losses to the best teams in football. They have an experienced QB who’s great at the dink and dunk game, and knows how to use his tight ends, two facets that the Seahawks have struggled with defensively. Don’t kid yourself, SAN DIEGO is one of the better teams in the NFL, and they do it with 16 road games a year.

When we pull off this close win, I hope some of the negativity about only being able to beat crappy teams subsides.

getnasty

Reaction score
I don't feel good about this one for some reason, hopefully we can run the ball and keep there offense off the field. I think the Chargers are actually legit this year.

Attyla the Hawk

Reaction score
Offensively, they look good on paper. Seems a bit of a mirage. They seem to be able to get a lot of chunk plays when defenses make mistakes. Their ability to convert 3rd downs is really quite poor. Worse than ours. They also can become one dimensional pretty easily. Their red zone efficiency is also quite bad.

I feel like this is a very good matchup on paper for us. Offensively, they don't seem to be the kind of team to maintain drives down the field -- which can present a problem for us since we like to keep everything in front of us. So what they do well, we also defend well.

On the other side, their team struggles against power matchups. Teams that like to physically beat them down have good success at that.

Given that and it'll be at home and you should always expect the better defense at home to win -- I really like the matchup we have in front of us.

StoneCold

Reaction score
Attyla the Hawk":1r1qm080 said:
Offensively, they look good on paper. Seems a bit of a mirage. They seem to be able to get a lot of chunk plays when defenses make mistakes. Their ability to convert 3rd downs is really quite poor. Worse than ours. They also can become one dimensional pretty easily. Their red zone efficiency is also quite bad.

I feel like this is a very good matchup on paper for us. Offensively, they don't seem to be the kind of team to maintain drives down the field -- which can present a problem for us since we like to keep everything in front of us. So what they do well, we also defend well.

On the other side, their team struggles against power matchups. Teams that like to physically beat them down have good success at that.

Given that and it'll be at home and you should always expect the better defense at home to win -- I really like the matchup we have in front of us.

My concern is Rivers dinking and dunking us to death. Because we like to keep things in front of us it leaves a lot of short routes open and Rivers is very good at avoiding the rush, and ours is not as strong as in past years, and finding that open guy at the last minute. Think of the game a few years back in SD when it was so hot. He wore us out.

I have a feeling it will be high scoring. The Over/Under is 48, I'm taking the over.

OP
OP
TheLegendOfBoom

TheLegendOfBoom

Reaction score
StoneCold":9yq6xmph said:
Attyla the Hawk":9yq6xmph said:

My concern is Rivers dinking and dunking us to death. Because we like to keep things in front of us it leaves a lot of short routes open and Rivers is very good at avoiding the rush, and ours is not as strong as in past years, and finding that open guy at the last minute. Think of the game a few years back in SD when it was so hot. He wore us out.

I have a feeling it will be high scoring. The Over/Under is 48, I'm taking the over.
What concerns me about this game is if Seattle isn't able to hit the long ball and the run game gets bottled up, we may lose.

My thoughts are the Chargers back end safety play is good enough (Derwin James) to stop the occasional deep pass to Lockett and Moore.

Without the deep ball pass and if Carson/Davis doesn't get 3 or 4 rush TDs, this game may be end up a loss for us.

The Hawks run game needs to carve the Chargers up!

sutz

Reaction score
Hopefully, the crowd noise will give our DL that half step advantage we used to get at home. ;)

toffee

Reaction score
TheLegendOfBoom":2ybx5825 said:
StoneCold":2ybx5825 said:
Attyla the Hawk":2ybx5825 said:

What concerns me about this game is if Seattle isn't able to hit the long ball and the run game gets bottled up, we may lose.

My thoughts are the Chargers back end safety play is good enough (Derwin James) to stop the occasional deep pass to Lockett and Moore.

Without the deep ball pass and if Carson/Davis doesn't get 3 or 4 rush TDs, this game may be end up a loss for us.

carson’s hip issue is worrisome, perhaps this may be Penny’s coming out party?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

toffee

Reaction score
injury report: Carson, Brown, McDougal are all questionable. Winning game is on life support at this point, those three may play but probably not 100%.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

West TX Hawk

Reaction score
toffee":1nkjwpqe said:
TheLegendOfBoom":1nkjwpqe said:
StoneCold":1nkjwpqe said:
Attyla the Hawk":1nkjwpqe said:

carson’s hip issue is worrisome, perhaps this may be Penny’s coming out party?

Or Davis our actual 2nd string RB runs for 120 again??

West TX Hawk

Reaction score
sutz":ht68qd3b said:

I know right? You see LA Chargers and think Lance Alworth and AFL champs 1963.

JRobinson

Reaction score
West TX Hawk":2tiise81 said:
sutz":2tiise81 said:

I know right? You see LA Chargers and think Lance Alworth and AFL champs 1963.

Everyone knows they need to go back. Sadly, the NFL is about money, just like the owners.

Latest posts