Geno dodged a bullet vs Chargers

Ruminator

Reaction score
Didn't see this mentioned elsewhere on .net, but damn did I freak out for a minute when a Charger defender, I think it was, fell into the back of Geno's legs, pinning him to the turf and causing him to fall backwards very awkwardly. This guy has has been one of the most exciting players for Seattle in some time and currently has the league's highest passing completion percentage, and it would have sucked to see him miss the rest of the season due to SoFi Stadium's inexcusably and extremely dangerous turf. Quite frankly, I was shocked when Geno got up and continued playing after that. Extremely fortunate; I'm sure it was a close call.

And here's a link on this topic for your reading non-enjoyment -- they need to replace that turf frickin' yesterday:

Turf Wars

OP
OP
Ruminator

Ruminator

Reaction score
Go Pete! Give them hell about that turf!

Unfortunately, Lumen has turf also.
Yes, but someting about SoFi's is causing more injuries, and more serious ones. Either way, I'd love to see grass at all NFL stadiums. Not sure how they can pull that off for domed stadiums, though. Full spectrum lighting and installed indoor sprinker system?

Donn2390

Reaction score
The owners argue the expense to have grass is way to high, maintenance costs etc. I would assume the maintenance costs would be considerably higher than turf, but what is the cost of saving money when you might lose a few multi million dollars a year players due to cost saving measures? It could be more costly than that if the players you lose are the players who would have propelled you to the SB..?

OP
OP
Ruminator

Ruminator

Reaction score
The owners argue the expense to have grass is way to high, maintenance costs etc. I would assume the maintenance costs would be considerably higher than turf, but what is the cost of saving money when you might lose a few multi million dollars a year players due to cost saving measures? It could be more costly than that if the players you lose are the players who would have propelled you to the SB..?
Not only that, but if they're all about safety as they claim to be, well, let's get rid of turf, then!

JPatera76

Reaction score
Yes, but someting about SoFi's is causing more injuries, and more serious ones. Either way, I'd love to see grass at all NFL stadiums. Not sure how they can pull that off for domed stadiums, though. Full spectrum lighting and installed indoor sprinker system?
Az's rolls out and they have a domed stadium.

OP
OP
Ruminator

Ruminator

Reaction score
Az's rolls out and they have a domed stadium.
Designed that way from the ground up and accounting for space needed adjacent to the stadium for the grass to soak up some rays. Probably not something any of the existing domed stadiums can "retrofit" in, at least not without spending more than a couple of Andrew Jacksons, which taxpayers dislike doing.