Seahawks.NET AMAZON STOREFRONT

Win against Rams changes it all???

The Essential Online Seattle Football Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. LANGUAGE RATING: PG-13
Win against Rams changes it all???
Mon Nov 05, 2018 1:47 pm
  • If the Hawks somehow pull out a victory against the Rams in LA then I think this loss to the Chargers matters so much less.... do you agree?

However, I think if the Hawks lose against the Rams (Even in a close game), THEN I think this loss to the Chargers hurts even more. The season is an up an down emotional ride so a victory against the Rams changes everything for me even though it may only increase our wild card chances in reality. Overall, I have enjoyed watching most of the games even with the frustrating moments but they haven't given me a "WOW" moment yet -- let's hope it's coming this weekend.

Cheers

Z.
    zetes
    NET Rookie

Re: Win against Rams changes it all???
Mon Nov 05, 2018 1:50 pm
  • Of course it'd change things, you just beat a great team on the road after dropping one at home.

Unfortunately I think we're going to get the Rams full undivided attention and anger after they just lost at NO.
    If there is no Seahawk football in heaven, then we will never die.
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Pro Bowler

Mon Nov 05, 2018 1:50 pm
  • I already see this team as one that can beat anyone, so it changes nothing for me.

All it changes IMO is the Wilson hate threads will be cut "too short and not bold enough" for the haters.
    Seymour
    NET Veteran

Mon Nov 05, 2018 1:54 pm
  • Sgt. Largent wrote:Of course it'd change things, you just beat a great team on the road after dropping one at home.

Unfortunately I think we're going to get the Rams full undivided attention and anger after they just lost at NO.

I don't know about that. The Lambs have just enough ego's and shit birds on their roster to have that game and a few bad plays against us begin to unravel that team.

Not saying it will happen, but it CAN and I'd love to see it.
    Seymour
    NET Veteran

Mon Nov 05, 2018 1:55 pm
  • Sgt. Largent wrote:Of course it'd change things, you just beat a great team on the road after dropping one at home.

This. We gonna come out swinging and put the only threat in the division to rest. You guys.
    JRobinson
    NET Practice Squad

Mon Nov 05, 2018 1:59 pm

Mon Nov 05, 2018 2:06 pm
  • Seymour wrote:I already see this team as one that can beat anyone, so it changes nothing for me.

All it changes IMO is the Wilson hate threads will be cut "too short and not bold enough" for the haters.

Did I ever mention in here the time I stood next to Wilson and towered over him? I'm 6 foot.

He has HUGE hands though. Massive, god-like hands. Very impressive.

And flawless skin. Very handsome bloke.

Did I ever mention that time?

:lol: :lol:
    semiahmoo
    NET Veteran

Mon Nov 05, 2018 2:10 pm
  • JRobinson wrote:
    Sgt. Largent wrote:Of course it'd change things, you just beat a great team on the road after dropping one at home.

This. We gonna come out swinging and put the only threat in the division to rest. You guys.

yawn....

That Rams defense is so, so poor.

They can win a shoot out, it's what they've done all season. But the idea this Rams team is somehow dominant is jibberish.
    Uncle Si
    * NET Hottie *

Mon Nov 05, 2018 2:12 pm
  • Possibly!
    Until we develop a pass rush that will cause opposing teams to be forced to scheme to defend it we will never be able to consistently take the final step. The interior rush needs improvement. The OLine clearly still needs work.

Super Bowl XLVIII Champions at last after 38 seasons. Awesome!!!
    jammerhawk
    NET Veteran

Mon Nov 05, 2018 2:17 pm
  • semiahmoo wrote:
    Seymour wrote:I already see this team as one that can beat anyone, so it changes nothing for me.

Did I ever mention in here the time I stood next to Wilson and towered over him? I'm 6 foot.

Yes you did and I posted a pic next to Brees and dispelled your fantasy. That was around the time you posted the midget racing the camel too. :lol: :snack:
    Seymour
    NET Veteran

Mon Nov 05, 2018 2:20 pm
  • Uncle Si wrote:
    JRobinson wrote:
    Sgt. Largent wrote:Of course it'd change things, you just beat a great team on the road after dropping one at home.

yawn....

They can win a shoot out, it's what they've done all season. But the idea this Rams team is somehow dominant is jibberish.

Hahahah!!!! Stop kidding yourself homer. Y’all don’t have near the firepower that the Saints have. The Rams offense is in fact dominant, that’s how we came from behind 21 at half time and tied it against the Saints IN THEIR OWN HOUSE.
    JRobinson
    NET Practice Squad

Mon Nov 05, 2018 2:20 pm
  • JRobinson wrote:

Err, you shouldn't be worried about the division. That was sewn up after we lost at home to to the Rams.

I expect a very competitive game, both teams coming off a loss fighting for different things. This is a game the Rams should win going away, especially if we're without key players like McDougald, Fluker and Carson.

But if some of all of these guys can go, I expect another close game til the end.
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Pro Bowler

Mon Nov 05, 2018 2:21 pm
  • Ultimately, the Hawks need to find a way to win 6 more games. It really doesn't matter where those wins come from. So, yes a win at the Rams would be huge but it doesn't change everything because you still need 5 more wins.
    knownone
    NET Veteran

Mon Nov 05, 2018 2:26 pm

Yeah, me too. It'll be the ugliest game of the season for the Hawks.
    pittpnthrs
    NET Veteran

Mon Nov 05, 2018 2:58 pm
  • Sgt. Largent wrote:
    JRobinson wrote:

Err, you shouldn't be worried about the division. That was sewn up after we lost at home to to the Rams.

I expect a very competitive game, both teams coming off a loss fighting for different things. This is a game the Rams should win going away, especially if we're without key players like McDougald, Fluker and Carson.

But if some of all of these guys can go, I expect another close game til the end.

We have injuries too. But I’m gonna be ‘worried’ about the division until we have it locked up for sure. I don’t count you guys out as I learned that lesson the first time around when I said y’all had “no shot” against us. I learned from that mistake and the Chargers helped us this past week.

Point is this: yes we should win, and yes, I think we do win. But I hope we lock it down defensively.
    JRobinson
    NET Practice Squad

Mon Nov 05, 2018 3:04 pm
  • JRobinson wrote:
    Uncle Si wrote:
    JRobinson wrote:

yawn....

Hahahah!!!! Stop kidding yourself homer. Y’all don’t have near the firepower that the Saints have. The Rams offense is in fact dominant, that’s how we came from behind 21 at half time and tied it against the Saints IN THEIR OWN HOUSE.

Ladies, Gentlemen...

Rams trolling.
    Uncle Si
    * NET Hottie *

Mon Nov 05, 2018 3:21 pm
  • They beat the Rams if they play a near perfect game like the Saints did...it will take that much effort to beat the Rams @ home...they have blood in their eyes after the Saints game. A bloody good game !! IMO
    xray
    NET Starter

Mon Nov 05, 2018 3:58 pm
  • Seymour wrote:
    semiahmoo wrote:
    Seymour wrote:I already see this team as one that can beat anyone, so it changes nothing for me.

Yes you did and I posted a pic next to Brees and dispelled your fantasy. That was around the time you posted the midget racing the camel too. :lol: :snack:

Oh there was one much better ..One with the shorts :lol:
    Will Dissly
    2018 Adopt a rookie
    IndyHawk
    NET Veteran

Mon Nov 05, 2018 3:59 pm
  • zetes wrote:If the Hawks somehow pull out a victory against the Rams in LA then I think this loss to the Chargers matters so much less.... do you agree?

However, I think if the Hawks lose against the Rams (Even in a close game), THEN I think this loss to the Chargers hurts even more. The season is an up an down emotional ride so a victory against the Rams changes everything for me even though it may only increase our wild card chances in reality. Overall, I have enjoyed watching most of the games even with the frustrating moments but they haven't given me a "WOW" moment yet -- let's hope it's coming this weekend.

Cheers

Z.

It'd be a nice win and probably seals the Rams winning the SB in February, as we have a penchant for handing the eventual SB winner a loss.
    ImTheScientist wrote:This guy is the closest thing to beast mode we will ever see. You got a glimpse of that yesterday. He was instantly my favorite player when they signed him. Give the dude a chance and don't overreact or overthink preseason. Go Hawks. Lacy will rush for 1,100 and 10TDs. Bend the knee.
    Hasselbeck
    * NET Sage *

Mon Nov 05, 2018 6:22 pm
  • knownone wrote:Ultimately, the Hawks need to find a way to win 6 more games. It really doesn't matter where those wins come from. So, yes a win at the Rams would be huge but it doesn't change everything because you still need 5 more wins.

You hit the nail on the head. 10 is probably the magic number. I really thought they had a chance to hit that number, but I was factoring in the Chargers game as a win.

Let’s assume the worst and they lose at the Rams. They will then have to win 3 of 4 against the Packers, Panthers, Vikings and Chiefs (and of course win the games they should be favored in). The good news is that 3 of the 4 aforementioned games will be at home. The bad news? We’re no longer a dominant home team.

A win at the Rams would be so huge. Then we’d only have to go 2-2 in those other games, which seems very possible.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    James in PA
    NET Veteran

Tue Nov 06, 2018 11:42 am
  • the Rams -10 seems likely. heading for Vegas for this game.
    xray
    NET Starter

Tue Nov 06, 2018 11:45 am
  • xray wrote:the Rams -10 seems likely. heading for Vegas for this game.

According to your logic, the Rams winning would be lucky................so you might want to hold off on booking your flight to Vegas.
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Pro Bowler

Tue Nov 06, 2018 11:52 am
  • Driving 4 1/2 hours...no it would be lucky if the Hawks win...according to me. Am I typing too fast for you?
    xray
    NET Starter

Tue Nov 06, 2018 1:01 pm
  • xray wrote:Driving 4 1/2 hours...no it would be lucky if the Hawks win...according to me. Am I typing too fast for you?

- Rams favored by 10 against the Hawks, not lucky.

- Hawks favored to win against the lowly Cards and Niners, lucky.

Nope, you're typing is spot on...............for an insane person.
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Pro Bowler

Tue Nov 06, 2018 9:20 pm
  • JRobinson wrote:
    Uncle Si wrote:
    JRobinson wrote:

yawn....

Get the hell out of here and take your 8-1 record with you. By the way YOUR DEFENSE SUCKS.
    hawks85
    NET Starter

Wed Nov 07, 2018 5:47 am
  • Uncle Si wrote:
    JRobinson wrote:

yawn....

This is just....wrong.

Right now they're pretty much average - which is not "so, so poor". But given that we've played Rivers, Rodgers and Brees, I'm not putting too much stock into that. The defense shut down the Saints in the 2nd half save for one play. Rams offense blew that game by punting when we were down 38-35.

The defense will look better after playing Seattle on Sunday, and then worse after playing the Chiefs. Then when Talib is back, playing the Lions/Bears/Eagles/Cardinals/Niners it will look great again.

I will admit that it's much worse than it should be - with the talent and coaching it should be a top 5 unit. I don't think anyone expected Peters to play like the worst CB in the NFL though when Talib went down - so the fact that we're 8-1 with an average defense having played some elite QBs with arguably the worst CB in the NFL right now....when Talib gets back IMO this defense will be scary again.
    Ramfan128
    NET Veteran

Thu Nov 08, 2018 5:45 am
  • Not counting the pre-season goof off vs the Chargers, this is Shotty's first time playing a team twice with Seattle. I'm intrigued to see what he changes. He dialed up a decent game the first time around, Go Hawks. It wouldn't surprise me if Norton dials up some great defense to keep the score lower. I don't remember the exact stats, but under PC if a team scores over 27 our odds aren't great.
    2018 Adopt a Rookie: Rashaad Penny

Sox-n-Hawks
    NET Veteran

Thu Nov 08, 2018 6:26 am
  • knownone wrote:Ultimately, the Hawks need to find a way to win 6 more games. It really doesn't matter where those wins come from. So, yes a win at the Rams would be huge but it doesn't change everything because you still need 5 more wins.

Where they come from 100% matters for tie breaking scenarios. Although I firmly believe this team won’t touch the playoffs wins against Rams, Carolina, GB and Minnesota will definitely help tip the scale in Seattle’s favor of getting in over the other 10 win NFC teams.
    RCATES
    NET Starter

Thu Nov 08, 2018 7:32 am
  • Unfortunately, the injuries are piling up. I just remember being told my many that the Hawks would get slaughtered the last time they played. I expect a close loss this weekend, maybe 4-7 points, something like that. But hey, the Rams worship will continue, even though they are the 3rd best team in the league. I'll take the Saints and Chiefs over the Clams.
    R.I.P. THE EDGAR, YOU WILL BE MISSED......
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Pro Bowler

Thu Nov 08, 2018 12:02 pm
  • RCATES wrote:
    knownone wrote:Ultimately, the Hawks need to find a way to win 6 more games. It really doesn't matter where those wins come from. So, yes a win at the Rams would be huge but it doesn't change everything because you still need 5 more wins.

Where they come from 100% matters for tie breaking scenarios. Although I firmly believe this team won’t touch the playoffs wins against Rams, Carolina, GB and Minnesota will definitely help tip the scale in Seattle’s favor of getting in over the other 10 win NFC teams.

I don't think there will be two 10+ win non-division winning teams in the NFC. It's probably very likely that a nine win team will be the 6 seed.
    JGreen79
    NET Veteran

Thu Nov 08, 2018 1:06 pm
  • Ramfan128 wrote:
    Uncle Si wrote:
    JRobinson wrote:

yawn....

This is just....wrong.

Right now they're pretty much average - which is not "so, so poor". But given that we've played Rivers, Rodgers and Brees, I'm not putting too much stock into that. The defense shut down the Saints in the 2nd half save for one play. Rams offense blew that game by punting when we were down 38-35.

The defense will look better after playing Seattle on Sunday, and then worse after playing the Chiefs. Then when Talib is back, playing the Lions/Bears/Eagles/Cardinals/Niners it will look great again.

I will admit that it's much worse than it should be - with the talent and coaching it should be a top 5 unit. I don't think anyone expected Peters to play like the worst CB in the NFL though when Talib went down - so the fact that we're 8-1 with an average defense having played some elite QBs with arguably the worst CB in the NFL right now....when Talib gets back IMO this defense will be scary again.

Staristically they are 21st in yards and 17th in points.

Id say thats poor. But how about mediocre as a compromise

Edit.. so we are clear.. the Rams are one of the best 5 teams in the NFL. Their defense playing poor does not mean they will lose to Seattle.. just that the chances of it being close are greater
    Uncle Si
    * NET Hottie *

Thu Nov 08, 2018 1:21 pm
  • Just heard the Rams have given up 40 plays of over 20 yards.
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Pro Bowler

Thu Nov 08, 2018 2:26 pm
  • JRobinson wrote:
    Uncle Si wrote:
    JRobinson wrote:

yawn....

Lol

Dude, weren't you the same one saying it wouldn't be close last time? That we'd get blown out?? And yet, the only reason you won last time was because of dumb penalties/false starts when we were in clear position to win.
    Scorpion05
    NET Veteran

Fri Nov 09, 2018 12:47 pm
  • MANY said they would get blown out. And then refused to give credit to their OWN TEAM. Typical. In fact, one Hawks "fan" is saying the only reason the Hawks almost won is because of the injuries to the WR's of the Rams. As if the Hawks didn't have their share of injuries. Fail, as always.
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Pro Bowler

Fri Nov 09, 2018 1:25 pm
  • Well now we can use the excuse that the receivers dropped the ball because smoke was in their eyes or it was so smoky that Wilson couldn't see them. :)

To Be P/C or Not P/C That is the Question..........Seahawks kick Ass !!!!
    Check your PM's, Thank you for everything Radish RIP My Friend. :les:
    Member of the 38 club.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

Sun Nov 11, 2018 12:25 am
  • chris98251 wrote:Well now we can use the excuse that the receivers dropped the ball because smoke was in their eyes or it was so smoky that Wilson couldn't see them. :)

The fire isn’t by the Coliseum.
    When you get to Helllll, John. Tel em Daisy sentcha.
    RedAlice
    NET Veteran

Sun Nov 11, 2018 5:08 am
  • zetes wrote:If the Hawks somehow pull out a victory against the Rams in LA then I think this loss to the Chargers matters so much less.... do you agree?

Cheers

Z.

If.... I think.

If.... I think.

Don't do either.
    Vesuve
    NET Rookie

Sun Nov 11, 2018 10:04 am
  • We came close to beating these guys. The Hawks know we can run with them, we know how to game-plan them. It's not gonna change that much if we're on the road. The Hawks are looking for revenge. The rams aren't protecting an undefeated record anymore. With Wilson we're never out of any game. If Fluker and MacDougal play, we're almost at full strength.

GO HAWKS!!!!!!!!!!!!
    http://www.sonicsrising.com/2016/3/10/11194382/sonics-arena-public-hearing-tip-off
    http://www.sonicsrising.com/2016/3/7/11 ... l-vacation
    FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER: @George_OGorman
    Lords of Scythia
    NET Veteran

Sun Nov 11, 2018 10:52 am
  • Not that I think they will catch the Rams, but if they win today they are only two games back and then they have a lot of control of their own destiny at that point to be in favorable position for at least one of the 2 wild cards.
    niveky
    NET Veteran

Sun Nov 11, 2018 1:31 pm
  • The NFC's kind of crapping out this year. 9 wins might be enough to get wc. With Wilson, we got a shooters chance. Just get to playoffs, baby!
    http://www.sonicsrising.com/2016/3/10/11194382/sonics-arena-public-hearing-tip-off
    http://www.sonicsrising.com/2016/3/7/11 ... l-vacation
    FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER: @George_OGorman
    Lords of Scythia
    NET Veteran

Mon Nov 12, 2018 5:37 am
  • Yet another great game with the Rams down to the end. Right after a bunch of people claiming the Hawks would get smoked. The Hawks don't get smoked, not sure why people would assume they ever would. Oh well, on to Thursday.
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Pro Bowler

It is currently Sat Nov 17, 2018 12:41 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information