Win against Rams changes it all???

xray

Reaction score
the Rams -10 seems likely. heading for Vegas for this game.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
xray":1k652ei1 said:
the Rams -10 seems likely. heading for Vegas for this game.

According to your logic, the Rams winning would be lucky................so you might want to hold off on booking your flight to Vegas.

xray

Reaction score
Driving 4 1/2 hours...no it would be lucky if the Hawks win...according to me. Am I typing too fast for you?

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
xray":3ayarszb said:
Driving 4 1/2 hours...no it would be lucky if the Hawks win...according to me. Am I typing too fast for you?

- Rams favored by 10 against the Hawks, not lucky.

- Hawks favored to win against the lowly Cards and Niners, lucky.

Nope, you're typing is spot on...............for an insane person.

hawks85

Reaction score
JRobinson":3kb0r9th said:
Uncle Si":3kb0r9th said:
JRobinson":3kb0r9th said:
Sgt. Largent":3kb0r9th said:
Of course it'd change things, you just beat a great team on the road after dropping one at home.

Unfortunately I think we're going to get the Rams full undivided attention and anger after they just lost at NO.

This. We gonna come out swinging and put the only threat in the division to rest. You guys.

yawn....

That Rams defense is so, so poor.

They can win a shoot out, it's what they've done all season. But the idea this Rams team is somehow dominant is jibberish.

Hahahah!!!! Stop kidding yourself homer. Y’all don’t have near the firepower that the Saints have. The Rams offense is in fact dominant, that’s how we came from behind 21 at half time and tied it against the Saints IN THEIR OWN HOUSE.
Get the hell out of here and take your 8-1 record with you. By the way YOUR DEFENSE SUCKS.

Ramfan128

Reaction score
Uncle Si":3fdgrae8 said:
JRobinson":3fdgrae8 said:
Sgt. Largent":3fdgrae8 said:
Of course it'd change things, you just beat a great team on the road after dropping one at home.

Unfortunately I think we're going to get the Rams full undivided attention and anger after they just lost at NO.

This. We gonna come out swinging and put the only threat in the division to rest. You guys.

yawn....

They can win a shoot out, it's what they've done all season. But the idea this Rams team is somehow dominant is jibberish.

This is just....wrong.

Right now they're pretty much average - which is not "so, so poor". But given that we've played Rivers, Rodgers and Brees, I'm not putting too much stock into that. The defense shut down the Saints in the 2nd half save for one play. Rams offense blew that game by punting when we were down 38-35.

The defense will look better after playing Seattle on Sunday, and then worse after playing the Chiefs. Then when Talib is back, playing the Lions/Bears/Eagles/Cardinals/Niners it will look great again.

I will admit that it's much worse than it should be - with the talent and coaching it should be a top 5 unit. I don't think anyone expected Peters to play like the worst CB in the NFL though when Talib went down - so the fact that we're 8-1 with an average defense having played some elite QBs with arguably the worst CB in the NFL right now....when Talib gets back IMO this defense will be scary again.

Sox-n-Hawks

Reaction score
Not counting the pre-season goof off vs the Chargers, this is Shotty's first time playing a team twice with Seattle. I'm intrigued to see what he changes. He dialed up a decent game the first time around, Go Hawks. It wouldn't surprise me if Norton dials up some great defense to keep the score lower. I don't remember the exact stats, but under PC if a team scores over 27 our odds aren't great.

RCATES

Reaction score
knownone":2gizht9f said:
Ultimately, the Hawks need to find a way to win 6 more games. It really doesn't matter where those wins come from. So, yes a win at the Rams would be huge but it doesn't change everything because you still need 5 more wins.

Where they come from 100% matters for tie breaking scenarios. Although I firmly believe this team won’t touch the playoffs wins against Rams, Carolina, GB and Minnesota will definitely help tip the scale in Seattle’s favor of getting in over the other 10 win NFC teams.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Unfortunately, the injuries are piling up. I just remember being told my many that the Hawks would get slaughtered the last time they played. I expect a close loss this weekend, maybe 4-7 points, something like that. But hey, the Rams worship will continue, even though they are the 3rd best team in the league. I'll take the Saints and Chiefs over the Clams.

JGreen79

Reaction score
RCATES":33an6ndc said:
knownone":33an6ndc said:
Ultimately, the Hawks need to find a way to win 6 more games. It really doesn't matter where those wins come from. So, yes a win at the Rams would be huge but it doesn't change everything because you still need 5 more wins.

Where they come from 100% matters for tie breaking scenarios. Although I firmly believe this team won’t touch the playoffs wins against Rams, Carolina, GB and Minnesota will definitely help tip the scale in Seattle’s favor of getting in over the other 10 win NFC teams.

I don't think there will be two 10+ win non-division winning teams in the NFC. It's probably very likely that a nine win team will be the 6 seed.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Ramfan128":1605ctce said:
Uncle Si":1605ctce said:
JRobinson":1605ctce said:
Sgt. Largent":1605ctce said:

yawn....

This is just....wrong.

Right now they're pretty much average - which is not "so, so poor". But given that we've played Rivers, Rodgers and Brees, I'm not putting too much stock into that. The defense shut down the Saints in the 2nd half save for one play. Rams offense blew that game by punting when we were down 38-35.

The defense will look better after playing Seattle on Sunday, and then worse after playing the Chiefs. Then when Talib is back, playing the Lions/Bears/Eagles/Cardinals/Niners it will look great again.

I will admit that it's much worse than it should be - with the talent and coaching it should be a top 5 unit. I don't think anyone expected Peters to play like the worst CB in the NFL though when Talib went down - so the fact that we're 8-1 with an average defense having played some elite QBs with arguably the worst CB in the NFL right now....when Talib gets back IMO this defense will be scary again.

Staristically they are 21st in yards and 17th in points.

Id say thats poor. But how about mediocre as a compromise

Edit.. so we are clear.. the Rams are one of the best 5 teams in the NFL. Their defense playing poor does not mean they will lose to Seattle.. just that the chances of it being close are greater

Scorpion05

Reaction score
JRobinson":yrns9ya7 said:
Uncle Si":yrns9ya7 said:
JRobinson":yrns9ya7 said:
Sgt. Largent":yrns9ya7 said:

yawn....

Hahahah!!!! Stop kidding yourself homer. Y’all don’t have near the firepower that the Saints have. The Rams offense is in fact dominant, that’s how we came from behind 21 at half time and tied it against the Saints IN THEIR OWN HOUSE.

Lol

Dude, weren't you the same one saying it wouldn't be close last time? That we'd get blown out?? And yet, the only reason you won last time was because of dumb penalties/false starts when we were in clear position to win.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
MANY said they would get blown out. And then refused to give credit to their OWN TEAM. Typical. In fact, one Hawks "fan" is saying the only reason the Hawks almost won is because of the injuries to the WR's of the Rams. As if the Hawks didn't have their share of injuries. Fail, as always.

chris98251

Reaction score
Well now we can use the excuse that the receivers dropped the ball because smoke was in their eyes or it was so smoky that Wilson couldn't see them. :)

RedAlice

Reaction score
chris98251":dtwl2rs4 said:
Well now we can use the excuse that the receivers dropped the ball because smoke was in their eyes or it was so smoky that Wilson couldn't see them. :)

The fire isn’t by the Coliseum.

Vesuve

Reaction score
zetes":2n2fnt75 said:
If the Hawks somehow pull out a victory against the Rams in LA then I think this loss to the Chargers matters so much less.... do you agree?

However, I think if the Hawks lose against the Rams (Even in a close game), THEN I think this loss to the Chargers hurts even more. The season is an up an down emotional ride so a victory against the Rams changes everything for me even though it may only increase our wild card chances in reality. Overall, I have enjoyed watching most of the games even with the frustrating moments but they haven't given me a "WOW" moment yet -- let's hope it's coming this weekend.

Cheers

Z.

If.... I think.

If.... I think.

Don't do either.

Lords of Scythia

Reaction score
We came close to beating these guys. The Hawks know we can run with them, we know how to game-plan them. It's not gonna change that much if we're on the road. The Hawks are looking for revenge. The rams aren't protecting an undefeated record anymore. With Wilson we're never out of any game. If Fluker and MacDougal play, we're almost at full strength.

GO HAWKS!!!!!!!!!!!!

niveky

Reaction score
Not that I think they will catch the Rams, but if they win today they are only two games back and then they have a lot of control of their own destiny at that point to be in favorable position for at least one of the 2 wild cards.

Lords of Scythia

Reaction score
The NFC's kind of crapping out this year. 9 wins might be enough to get wc. With Wilson, we got a shooters chance. Just get to playoffs, baby!