Heaps’ Film Room: Russell Wilson’s big pass to Tyler Lockett

ivotuk

Reaction score
Jake Heaps’ Film Room: Russell Wilson’s big pass to Tyler Lockett sets up Seahawks’ winning FG

[youtube]Yo0x_L3jXqk[/youtube]

In the attached video, Heaps looks at all angles of the play that saw quarterback Russell Wilson connect with wide receiver Tyler Lockett for a 43-yard gain on third down from Seattle’s own 47.

http://sports.mynorthwest.com/554287/ja ... inning-fg/

HawkGA

Reaction score
Heaps is getting better at these. When he started his chemistry with the camera was kind of painful to watch. Fun to see the improvement.

sutz

Reaction score
He is getting better. Would love to see some actual video some time, though. The snap shots are great, but it's better to watch things unfold in action shots.

Nice explanation of the play, though, including the D's moves with relation to what Russ and No-E did.

:2thumbs:

Jville

Reaction score
Thanks for posting video :2thumbs:

On Tyler Lockett’s ability to read defenses and make adjustments) “I think the first thing you point to is the protection. The protection was really, really good. Russell (Wilson) has been known to extend plays and take his time, so that’s the first thing. They did an awesome job and it was a tough look. Tyler’s a football player, we talk about it. He’s the guy that occasionally gets the double passes and things like that because we trust him. It’s something that they work on. We coach it, but again, it’s hard to coach that. They’ve been doing it together for a long time. Tyler I guess – I didn’t know this, Russ told me in the meeting the other day – does stuff like that in the walkthrough. He plays the game in his mind which is really cool. He’s out here and we’re walking through and some guys just kind of want to get through it and he’s out here thinking of ways that he can do things maybe better that might work when it’s needed. That’s why you see him make plays like that.” --- Offensive Coordinator Brian Schottenheimer November 29, 2018

The more I see of Tyler Lockett and Russell Wison working together ....... the more I recall the memories of of Steve Largent and Jim Zorn working together.

toffee

Reaction score
Jake Heap needs to use film, in SLOW MOTION, and talk it though that way. The film could be rewind some as he talked. As is, VERY POOR presentation.

Jville

Reaction score
toffee":4iw7anum said:
Jake Heap needs to use film, in SLOW MOTION, and talk it though that way. The film could be rewind some as he talked. As is, VERY POOR presentation.

Your complaining about presentation tools and style.

Many like the use of a good series of snap shots to explain a play in detail by detail. Jake Heap succeeded in delivering a clear and Informative presentation. You can always supplement any presentation by making use of your DVR.

semiahmoo

Reaction score
Jville":3j1ocw0a said:

On Tyler Lockett’s ability to read defenses and make adjustments) “I think the first thing you point to is the protection. The protection was really, really good. Russell (Wilson) has been known to extend plays and take his time, so that’s the first thing. They did an awesome job and it was a tough look. Tyler’s a football player, we talk about it. He’s the guy that occasionally gets the double passes and things like that because we trust him. It’s something that they work on. We coach it, but again, it’s hard to coach that. They’ve been doing it together for a long time. Tyler I guess – I didn’t know this, Russ told me in the meeting the other day – does stuff like that in the walkthrough. He plays the game in his mind which is really cool. He’s out here and we’re walking through and some guys just kind of want to get through it and he’s out here thinking of ways that he can do things maybe better that might work when it’s needed. That’s why you see him make plays like that.” --- Offensive Coordinator Brian Schottenheimer November 29, 2018

The more I see of Tyler Lockett and Russell Wison working together ....... the more I recall the memories of of Steve Largent and Jim Zorn working together.

Easy now. Wilson is way better than Zorn and Largent, well, he's in a whole league by himself...

Jville

Reaction score
semiahmoo":24e89rma said:
Jville":24e89rma said:

Easy now. Wilson is way better than Zorn and Largent, well, he's in a whole league by himself...

LOL ...... I hear your sentiment. But, I'm referring to symbiotic chemistry ...... not ranking

HawkGA

Reaction score
I assume the lack of video is a copyright thing. Wyman and Brock don't use video either.

Latest posts