Tyler Lockett is breaking efficiency records

hawknation2018

Reaction score
Russell Wilson has targeted Tyler Lockett 51 times, resulting in 44 completions, 713 yards, nine touchdowns, and zero interceptions. In other words, Wilson has a perfect passer rating (158.3) when targeting Lockett this year. If the season ended today, Lockett’s 158.3 WR Rating would be the new PFF-era (2007-2018) record for all wide receivers with at least 50 targets.

Tyler Lockett WR Rating

[tweet]https://twitter.com/PFF/status/1069352585361072128[/tweet]

sutz

Reaction score
Did No-E get away with a little push off at the end of that route?

:twisted:

Jville

Reaction score
Jville":1gjvv6zj said:
Thanks for posting video :2thumbs: >>> [urltargetblank]http://seahawks.net/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=151323[/urltargetblank]

On Tyler Lockett’s ability to read defenses and make adjustments) “I think the first thing you point to is the protection. The protection was really, really good. Russell (Wilson) has been known to extend plays and take his time, so that’s the first thing. They did an awesome job and it was a tough look. Tyler’s a football player, we talk about it. He’s the guy that occasionally gets the double passes and things like that because we trust him. It’s something that they work on. We coach it, but again, it’s hard to coach that. They’ve been doing it together for a long time. Tyler I guess – I didn’t know this, Russ told me in the meeting the other day – does stuff like that in the walkthrough. He plays the game in his mind which is really cool. He’s out here and we’re walking through and some guys just kind of want to get through it and he’s out here thinking of ways that he can do things maybe better that might work when it’s needed. That’s why you see him make plays like that.” --- Offensive Coordinator Brian Schottenheimer November 29, 2018

The more I see of Tyler Lockett and Russell Wison working together ....... the more I recall the memories of of Steve Largent and Jim Zorn working together.

P.S. No disrespect and thanks for posting, but back in the day, we were not slaved to a PPF to be told what was there to be seen and enjoyed.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Nice to see the kid back at 100 percent, and his route running is outstanding. And we know his speed and hands are top notch too. Great signing to extend him.

IBleedBlueAndGreen

Reaction score
sutz":cehsaf9z said:

I GUARANTEE that he has watched a bunch of Randy Moss tapes. Moss had a great understanding of how to use his body to his advantage on deep routes. He would purposely slow up as the ball was coming in to allow his body to be in contact with the trailing defender then just before the ball gets there explode off him again to create separation at the last moment. Watch again, that's what Lockett did here, and we've seen him do it a number of times in the last year.

Jville

Reaction score
It's the Seahawk culture that develops these play makers ................
(On how last week’s game built confidence in the receivers room) “I think we always had that confidence. We’ve always had that belief that when we have our opportunities in the passing game, we’re going to make the most of them. We have always had that mindset since I’ve been here. I think Sidney Rice and Golden Tate started that when I first got here. That was the belief, the mindset that even if we don’t get a lot of targets like the rest of the NFL, we’re still going to make an impact in some way, some fashion. Grateful to do so, I’ve been able to carry on that mindset through the process of getting to where we are now and everybody that’s been in that room has taken to that and had that thought process. Even though at times it is difficult because you don’t get the volume of opportunities that other receivers get and quite frankly, what we’ve all gotten in college, but these guys are resilient in that way and consistently show up when they get the chance to do so.”
(On how confident he is in a big play happening when corners are pressing) “Well, I’m confident in it because we have practiced that since I’ve been here. Our defense is always prided itself on being able to come up and play press against any receiver in the league. Going up against Sherm (Richard Sherman) for a number of years has really allowed all of us to get that experience. The younger guys, David Moore for example, has done a great job of watching film and watching what I do, what Tyler (Lockett) has done (and) what other guys have done and utilized that and put it into his repertoire. He’s done an excellent job of that, so when we have those opportunities, when we see those matchups, we’re extremely confident because we know how hard we’ve worked in those situations.”

(On David Moore showing late on his touchdown catch) “It’s extremely difficult. I think the person who probably showed him the most of how to do that was Paul Richardson when he was here. Paul was extremely talented at late hands catches. David has kind of seen how that could help him, and he has the ability to do it. Not everybody has the ability to do it, and David has really worked hard at it and he’s obviously extremely successful. I’m not surprised at his success when he’s in those situations and doing it because he’s worked so hard at it.”

(On Tyler Lockett having the sense to break free on the final long play) “Tyler’s been doing that for a very long time. He’s getting a lot more opportunities in those situations now and he’s doing the same thing he’s always done, so it’s not surprising that he made that play and the fact that we have a scrambling quarterback, we’ve practiced this several times throughout the course of the year so it’s nothing new to us and Tyler (had) excellent decision-making in that situation.”

No need to guess or speculate. We have an insightful transcript of a Doug Baldwin press conference posted here >>>>> [urltargetblank]https://www.seahawksmedia.com/transcripts/baldwin-doug-11-29-18/[/urltargetblank]

OP
OP
hawknation2018

hawknation2018

Reaction score
Jville":2wu42hgd said:
P.S. No disrespect and thanks for posting, but back in the day, we were not slaved to a PPF to be told what was there to be seen and enjoyed.

It’s just another avenue for content. When they provide good content, I’m happy to credit them. To not do so would make me a “slave” to narrow-mindedness. Just my $0.02.

Jville

Reaction score
hawknation2018":2k5lrkbh said:
Jville":2k5lrkbh said:

It’s just another avenue for content. When they provide good content, I’m happy to credit them. To not do so would make me a “slave” to narrow-mindedness. Just my $0.02.

No offense intended. A narrowly defined statistic is best combined, by forum readers, with additional details to produce an expanded, full and meaningful description of any subject. All details are welcomed along with enjoyable, colorful and entertaining graphics. By all means keep posting.

I'm just volunteering additional content thru recognition of the Seahawk culture (past and present) that produces such great results. These are the best of times.

jlwaters1

Reaction score
sutz":2k8zs8n5 said:

He sure did, but they don't really call that on that type of play. It reminds me of a big TD catch against the Lions (in the playoffs-- might have been Carolina) Kearse or maybe it was Baldwin got away with what looked like an obvious pushoff.

OP
OP
hawknation2018

hawknation2018

Reaction score
Jville":3vfem862 said:
hawknation2018":3vfem862 said:
Jville":3vfem862 said:

No offense intended. A narrowly defined statistic is best combined, by forum readers, with additional details to produce an expanded, full and meaningful description of any subject. All details are welcomed along with enjoyable, colorful and entertaining graphics. By all means keep posting.

I'm just volunteering additional content thru recognition of the Seahawk culture (past and present) that produces such great results. These are the best of times.

Love the press conference quotes. It’s all good! :2thumbs:

toffee

Reaction score
hawknation2018":1ktufdby said:
Jville":1ktufdby said:

nailed it.

Jville

Reaction score
hawknation2018":3si975gl said:
Jville":3si975gl said:
hawknation2018":3si975gl said:
Jville":3si975gl said:

I look for your contributions and pass along this trivia for which I have no answer ........ Tyler Lockett and Steve Largent were both born in Tulsa, Oklahoma. What is it about Tulsa Oklahoma as a birth place for great Seahawk wide receivers and their affinity for improvisation?

dbmack

Reaction score
Jville":qzayt69x said:
hawknation2018":qzayt69x said:
Jville":qzayt69x said:
hawknation2018":qzayt69x said:

I look for your contributions and pass along this trivia for which I have no answer ........ Tyler Lockett and Steve Largent were both born in Tulsa, Oklahoma. What is it about Tulsa Oklahoma as a birth place for great Seahawk wide receivers and their affinity for improvisation?
Largent and Lockett also share the same birth date, September 28th

OP
OP
hawknation2018

hawknation2018

Reaction score
panthers.gif

Seahawk

Reaction score
jlwaters1":4u8l8ct7 said:
sutz":4u8l8ct7 said:

He sure did, but they don't really call that on that type of play. It reminds me of a big TD catch against the Lions (in the playoffs-- might have been Carolina) Kearse or maybe it was Baldwin got away with what looked like an obvious pushoff.
It looked like it at first but after watching it a few more times, it was just a little hand fighting, no push off.

Seymour

Reaction score
Too slow. Not arrogant enough! :stirthepot:

94Smith

Reaction score
Let's have a LB cover Tyler Lockett. Yeah that's smart! :34853_doh: