New workout, other factors behind Carson's durability

sutz

Reaction score
It's great when players recognize a situation and work positively to improve it.

I sure hope he can carry this forward for many years.

OP
OP
MontanaHawk05

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
sutz":10fg846d said:
It's great when players recognize a situation and work positively to improve it.

I sure hope he can carry this forward for many years.

Well, it's a Pete Carroll offense, so he's probably done by 29. :p But we'll see.

sdog1981

Reaction score
He will be over 300 carries this season if they go as far as we think the Seahawks will go. So far he has only had 3 games with more than 25 carries. So I think that all points to good things for the future.

JGreen79

Reaction score
sdog1981":qvff2zy4 said:
He will be over 300 carries this season if they go as far as we think the Seahawks will go. So far he has only had 3 games with more than 25 carries. So I think that all points to good things for the future.

This, I think Penny is a perfect spell for Carson. Hopefully the two grow to make a formidable duo.

semiahmoo

Reaction score
The Schotty-Carson-Wilson combo has worked wonders for this team and made it the surprise hit of the season.

Carson is a stud and for now I actually like his overall attitude more than Beast who was a sometimes delightful but other times aggravating/high maintenance "free spirit" that did irk some of the other players around him the last couple seasons he was here.

HansGruber

Reaction score
Carson and Penny are already a great duo. Carson has obviously been more durable and impressive. And I'm stoked to hear he's working on durability specifically.

The Seahawks are better in the run game than we were even with beast mode, mostly because we have a real OL now and a couple of threats. It's awesome

Jville

Reaction score
Outside of occasional surf and tide work, there is nothing better than pool work. It is the best resistance work out because of water inertia and fluidity. Water provides the best full body conditioning and workout medium on the planet. Nothing else comes close.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
Jville":5yl712se said:
Outside of occasional surf and tide work, there is nothing better than pool work. It is the best resistance work out because of water inertia and fluidity. Water provides the best full body conditioning and workout medium on the planet. Nothing else comes close.
While that might be true, I'm convinced that there are other lower body workouts that are probably just as viable.
I remember watching the great Walter Payton running hard in soft sand, & up some fairly sand dunes.
Edit, he had one particular hill that he frequented in his workout regime.
Jerry Rice was another who also did this to stay in shape & build stamina.
U-Tube shows Payton talking about it.

chris98251

Reaction score
scutterhawk":2p656np7 said:
Jville":2p656np7 said:
While that might be true, I'm convinced that there are other lower body workouts that are probably just as viable.
I remember watching the great Walter Payton running hard in soft sand, & up some fairly sand dunes.
Edit, he had one particular hill that he frequented in his workout regime.
Jerry Rice was another who also did this to stay in shape & build stamina.
U-Tube shows Payton talking about it.

Yeah I remember a piece they did on it, others would come to his workout and try it and be amazed at the difficulty and how much "WORK" it was. Rice took his work out off of what Walter's was if I remember as well. There was a reason they had long careers. Both were tough SOB's with a soft shell personality.

sc85sis

Reaction score
Payton’s work ethic was legendary in the day. He was pretty ahead of his time in that regard.

Bryce84

Reaction score
Another factor that I noticed while owning Carson this fantasy season was his snap counts. I think injuries and durability are still a concern for Carson to some extent. After week 3 when Carson played 72% of the snaps, he was unable to play the next game due to injury. Weeks 5 and 6 they managed his snaps between 42-58%. Week 8 Carson played 67% of the snaps then in week 9 he got injured during the game and missed week 10. Since then Pete and staff have kept him hovering around the 50% snap count mark (ranging from 41-59%) and as a result we can see that Carson has been able to stay available.

I suspect Pete was giving him a shot to be the nearly every down back like Lynch, but it doesn't seem that Carson's body (paired with his running style) can quite handle it and I can only surmise the coaching staff noticed this too. As much fun as it'd be to see him playing more, having him available every week is paramount and I'm glad they're keeping him as fresh as he needs to be. Leaves plenty of room for Penny in this offense too in the coming years, should be a very exciting duo!