O-line not good enough

Northwest Seahawk

Reaction score
We lost for many reasons but the O-line was the biggest reason we lost . They did not win at the LOS running the ball and piss poor pass pro. This must get fixed in the off season. JR and Fluker both need replaced with better lineman. Fluker is to old and injured and JR just isn't big enough to win against todays DT's.

SeaChickN

Reaction score
Much better than last year. Sometimes things are incremental.

WestcoastSteve

Reaction score
We have a decent line but carolina dallas and chicago. The elite front sevens didnt let us run on them.

semiahmoo

Reaction score
O-line far exceeded expectations for most the season.

Tonight they ran into a very hungry/motivated/determined defense and we appeared unprepared for that.

Most of that blame should rightfully be laid at Pete's feet.

Dallas was the better team. The better team won.

OP
OP
N

Northwest Seahawk

Reaction score
semiahmoo":f87xwoj2 said:
O-line far exceeded expectations for most the season.

Tonight they ran into a very hungry/motivated/determined defense and we appeared unprepared for that.

Most of that blame should rightfully be laid at Pete's feet.

Dallas was the better team. The better team won.

Yes they won because the O-line lost at the point of attack.

Fade

Reaction score
It's hard to block when the defensive opponent knows you're going to run it on 1st & 2nd down, and throw on 3rd down.

That is setting the players up to fail.

I saw an offense that had to play under an extremely high level of difficulty due to the poor gameplan.

Except when they strayed from that script, then they moved the ball pretty well.

Whether it was Pete, Schotty, or both, they blew it.

Smellyman

Reaction score
Solari was a huge hire. Turned it around. Dallas has a very good front 7 and not so great secondary.

After the run wasn't working, the gameplan should have been changed. Schotty has 0 ability to adjust.

OP
OP
N

Northwest Seahawk

Reaction score
Fade":qxec3yzl said:
It's hard to block when the defensive opponent knows you're going to run it on 1st & 2nd down, and throw on 3rd down.

I saw an offense that had to play under an extremely high level of difficulty due to the poor gameplan.

Except when they strayed from that script, then they moved the ball pretty well.

Dallas ran it just fine and there game plan was basically the same your logic is flawed . Were a running team and we couldn't run the ball becuase the O-line got there buts kicked that's a fact .

justafan

Reaction score
solar I is an average oline coach who looks great compared to cable. Dallas was just better.we have better coaching they have better talent

HawkerD

Reaction score
Northwest Seahawk":39teg7ap said:
Fade":39teg7ap said:

Dallas ran it just fine and there game plan was basically the same your logic is flawed . Were a running team and we couldn't run the ball becuase the O-line got there buts kicked that's a fact .

Yes Fact. Our middle of the road Oline was bested by one of the best front sevens in the league. You should start an analyst website titled "Master of the Obvious"

hawkfannj

Reaction score
We will never win a championship with this type of offensive line . They are serviceable that’s about it .a major major change Has to happen there or we will be exactly where we are now next year.

The Breh

Reaction score
hawkfannj":3jfpfgn1 said:
We will never win a championship with this type of offensive line . They are serviceable that’s about it a major major change Hass to happen there overstaffed exactly where we are
The same line that dominated the whole regular season but not tonight deserves all that you just typed?
Be reactionary, brehs.

tmobilchawker79

Reaction score
Anyone that doesn't see that Solari was one of the key reasons to us going 10-6 and in the playoffs is not seeing the full picture.

Fluker's addition, Ifedi's progress were all key.

Carson ran hard and got more than was there.

I have no doubt the line continues to grow next year...minus Pocic.

OP
OP
N

Northwest Seahawk

Reaction score
hawkfannj":2md1flx4 said:
We will never win a championship with this type of offensive line . They are serviceable that’s about it .a major major change Has to happen there or we will be exactly where we are now next year.

The O-line is the biggest weakness of Seattle's offense . The first step in fixing it is identifying the problem and putting better talent the. Needless to say i agree with you.

tmobilchawker79

Reaction score
Seriously #1 overall run offense in the league. I don't know how much more you need other than to improve pass protection.

John63

Reaction score
Fade":3295ft2l said:

THIS!!!

Mad Dog

Reaction score
hawkfannj":2rf1axi5 said:

This OL can absolutely win a SB. If we had Dallas or Chicago's front seven, we would be fine with this kind of OL. But this defense is slightly above average, not all world like the LOB. So an average OL isn't going to cut it.

But again, this was a rebuilding year and we were never a complete team all season. We likely need another offseason of talent infusion to move forward. I think this OL if we keep guys will be a good group next year.

Bigpumpkin

Reaction score
If this game was played in Seattle.....our OL would have played better. If we would have played as well as the Colts did today…...we would have won tonight.

WestcoastSteve

Reaction score
Mad Dog":19gdafbz said:
hawkfannj":19gdafbz said:

This OL can absolutely win a SB. If we had Dallas or Chicago's front seven, we would be fine with this kind of OL. But this defense is slightly above average, not all world like the LOB. So an average OL isn't going to cut it.

But again, this was a rebuilding year and we were never a complete team all season. We likely need another offseason of talent infusion to move forward. I think this OL if we keep guys will be a good group next year.

Yeah -- This was not the OL's best game but you can tell Sweezy and Fluker were not 100%.

Need to add more quality depth but I would be fine with the same 5 next year.

OP
OP
N

Northwest Seahawk

Reaction score
CHawkTailGator":2ml71upb said:
Anyone that doesn't see that Solari was one of the key reasons to us going 10-6 and in the playoffs is not seeing the full picture.

Fluker's addition, Ifedi's progress were all key.

Carson ran hard and got more than was there.

I have no doubt the line continues to grow next year...minus Pocic.

Fluker is old and has serious knee leg problems . JR is undersized and gets pushed off the ball . Fluker was an upgrade for this year but next year we need better talent at RG and LG no way around that. Simmons looked promising before he was injured . They will get better but not with Fluker and JR starting.