Here comes all the “Fire Pete!” “Fire Schotty!”

doso

Reaction score
Just calm down. We did good for a “rebuilding year”. It was a good game. That last two penalties in critical moments killed us. Can’t wait till next year though! Go hawks!

Tinymac2

Reaction score
I thought the D lost the game. I totally agree the O was offensive to watch but it put up 22 and the missed FG, as always, killed us.

Coug_Hawk08

Reaction score
Sounds like a Mariners fan. Excuses and content with losing/mediocrity

semiahmoo

Reaction score
doso":3du8w2sm said:
Just calm down. We did good for a “rebuilding year”. It was a good game. That last two penalties in critical moments killed us. Can’t wait till next year though! Go hawks!

Agreed.

Def. not on the "fire Schotty" bandwagon as Schotty was a big reason why we were even in the playoffs to begin with.

Hey, it was a fun season. We made the playoffs. We lost.

Anyone who really thought we were Super Bowl bound either don't understand football at this level or weren't paying attention. We were NEVER that team this season.

pr24

Reaction score
Fire Special Teams coach too, they were not good this year

semiahmoo

Reaction score
pr24":1l2h92he said:

Totally agree with that.

Big weakness for us all season and definitely tonight.

SeahawksCanuck

Reaction score
This was far from our worst loss, and losing our kicker obviously complicated things, it was just disappointing because it felt like Russ and his receivers were playing great, yet we kept running the ball for 2 yards. Despite all the other issues, it felt like this was a game our offense could have won.

I don't know that anyone should get fired, but they need some serious reflection. If the run is working, great, use-it, but we're never going to win another Superbowl buy stubbornly insisting on being a "run-first" team .

Mad Dog

Reaction score
Coug_Hawk08":jnwg5m5p said:

Seahawk fans have seen mediocrity. This isn't it. The Erickson/early Holmgren years epitomized mediocrity.

Only 12 of 32 teams even make the playoffs and very few repeat that year in and year out. That's rarefied air in a league designed to produce parity.

If you only consider a SB win as the only acceptable outcome to be satisfied with, you are doomed to be one disappointed fan.

Look at this year's entrants into the big dance. KC - 1 SB, NO - 1 SB. Rams - 1 SB, CHI - 1 SB, PHI - 1 SB, Chargers - 0 SB, Seattle - 1 SB, Indy - 1 SB, Hou - 0 SB. Only Dallas, NE and Baltimore have more than one SB win. Winning SB's is really hard. It's a great goal to have but should absolutely never be an expectation.

WestcoastSteve

Reaction score
pr24":p0az5jxi said:

Spot on, we haven't been a strong special teams team since 2015. Big returns are rare but boy do we give them up.

OP
OP
D

doso

Reaction score
Coug_Hawk08":2moge5fl said:

Just being rational rather than irrational. Who got the team here? You think any other coach will get our “Rebuilding team” here. Get off the bandwagon fake fans...

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
Yep, after any loss this place is nearly impossible to read. People always need someone to blame, looks like it is Schotty today. He didn’t call a good game, but don’t think he is fire worthy. We exceeded expectations and nearly had a chance to win on the road todayX

WestcoastSteve

Reaction score
Hawk-Lock":idge2u50 said:
Yep, after any loss this place is nearly impossible to read. People always need someone to blame, looks like it is Schotty today. He didn’t call a good game, but don’t think he is fire worthy. We exceeded expectations and nearly had a chance to win on the road todayX

Bingo -- I know Shotty is used to having bad QB's as an OC but he has Russell and I think he treated him like Mark Sanchez.

I thought sticking to the run was fine I really did, but in the 3rd quarter he should have adjusted and opened up the passing game. Even getting Penny in there was a nice switchup, Carson wasn't working.

hawkfannj

Reaction score
Nah I’m still with them . But we seriously got to get this offense a dam real offensive line . This year’s was serviceable but your going nowhere with this crew

OP
OP
D

doso

Reaction score
WestcoastSteve":2zp1l2pl said:
Hawk-Lock":2zp1l2pl said:

Bingo -- I know Shotty is used to having bad QB's as an OC but he has Russell and I think he treated him like Mark Sanchez.

I thought sticking to the run was fine I really did, but in the 3rd quarter he should have adjusted and opened up the passing game. Even getting Penny in there was a nice switchup, Carson wasn't working.

Yes, we adjusted when we couldn’t run against Carolina. Wish we could have adjusted better here. We’ll learn.

OP
OP
D

doso

Reaction score
Mad Dog":2jxxl2fj said:
Coug_Hawk08":2jxxl2fj said:

Seahawk fans have seen mediocrity. This isn't it. The Erickson/early Holmgren years epitomized mediocrity.

Only 12 of 32 teams even make the playoffs and very few repeat that year in and year out. That's rarefied air in a league designed to produce parity.

If you only consider a SB win as the only acceptable outcome to be satisfied with, you are doomed to be one disappointed fan.

Look at this year's entrants into the big dance. KC - 1 SB, NO - 1 SB. Rams - 1 SB, CHI - 1 SB, PHI - 1 SB, Chargers - 0 SB, Seattle - 1 SB, Indy - 1 SB, Hou - 0 SB. Only Dallas, NE and Baltimore have more than one SB win. Winning SB's is really hard. It's a great goal to have but should absolutely never be an expectation.

100%

pr24

Reaction score
SeahawksCanuck":25xjsupr said:
This was far from our worst loss, and losing our kicker obviously complicated things, it was just disappointing because it felt like Russ and his receivers were playing great, yet we kept running the ball for 2 yards. Despite all the other issues, it felt like this was a game our offense could have won.

I don't know that anyone should get fired, but they need some serious reflection. If the run is working, great, use-it, but we're never going to win another Superbowl buy stubbornly insisting on being a "run-first" team .

Minus 2 yards*

John63

Reaction score
SeahawksCanuck":270eekux said:

This someone needs to have a come to Jesus moment with PC and the OC and tell them, fine be run first but mix in the pass more than on 3rd and long. If the run is not working try passing. Dallas was counting on PC being too stubborn to change and they were right. Every time we did not do run, run, pass we moved the ball. Time for PC to update his system and be more creative on offense.

WarHawks

Reaction score
There were multiple times in the game when it was roughly 2nd and 14 or whatever, and I was literally yelling a the tv, please don't run the ball here! And they ran it for a 1 yd gain, and it was now 3rd and long. How can any offense expect to overcome that on a regular basis? Answer: they can't. And tonight, they didn't. Failing to execute can be forgiveable, but failing to learn from your own lack of creativity and failures, is not. :stirthepot: