Don't Let This Loss Cloud Your Memory!

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
This has been a TREMENDOUS year! 10-6 and a playoff birth??

Who among us predicted that outcome given the circumstances? 2% tops?

First Seahawks playoff game in my LIFETIME I wasn't nervous. To me, this game was merely house money. A bonus game. A win would have merely been gravy. Yes of course I wanted to destroy the hated, arrogant Cowboys like any of you. Yes I wanted to see Elliot sulking on the sidelines in the second half.

Despite the loss, Dak STILL can't hold Russ' jock in my book.

And by the way, watching them get destroyed by the Rams or Saints next weekend is going to be the perfect elixir.

I know, we can talk all night and day long about what went wrong, what we didn't do, or did do, etc...Whatever. It's over. The outcome has been sealed. The Cowboys won by a whole 2 points which just covered their spread.

Give them credit. They deserved the win. We needed to play our B+ game to beat them and instead we played our C- game. It happens.

I am honest when I say how excited I am looking forward to the 2019 season and beyond. 10-6 was inspiring this season. In 2019? I expect to win the division and host a playoff game AND move onward to the next round.

Chins up 12's. This new era is just getting started.

OP
OP
AROS

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
LymonHawk":2m59n1lc said:
Well said!

Thank you Brother Lymon!!!

Let's not let a loss to the Cowboys in a playoff game where they played above their heads to beat us at home sour what has been a terrific winning season when most never thought we would make it this far.

Blue and Green-colored glasses firmly and proudly planted on my face.

James in PA

Reaction score
Yep, we’ll said. And as cliche as it sounds, only 1 team and it’s fans get the ultimate prize at the end of the season. The other 31 are all left with a feeling of emptiness. This year was a great building block though. Hopefully this was 2012 revisited.

Go Hawks!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BubbaGump

Reaction score
Here-Here! Like I said a few months back when we could see this team come into their own, the Rams better win it all this year! The Seahawks are comin’ in 2019! They are riding a pale horse and they are taking the division back!

OP
OP
AROS

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
BubbaGump":2f8sz5b2 said:
Here-Here! Like I said a few months back when we could see this team come into their own, the Rams better win it all this year! The Seahawks are comin’ in 2019! They are riding a pale horse and they are taking the division back!

Amen Bubba!!

OP
OP
AROS

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
If 2018 really was the 2012 season all over again, well we all know how 2013 went so look out world! 2019 IS COMING!!!

chris98251

Reaction score
Not worried at all this was the Atlanta game, these young guys got a taste of the playoffs and now know it's a different level of football, they will look at nest season as a stepping stone to get back to the playoffs knowing that's when the real season starts and when you bring your A plus game every down.

Could not be happier for their progression this season, those knocking them forget the journey they took from pre season till today.

Just as excited now to see how we enhance what we have now to get back into the fray.

Rams should not be to comfortable, they could barely hold this rebuild back this year, next year it will be a dog fight out of the gate.

bighawk

Reaction score
I am encouraged but in my opinion Russell was held back by the awful play calling. I understand our offense is run based but adjust then go back to the run later. The defense was gassed because of the dumb game plan. Go hawks!

HommyHawk

Reaction score
Everyone upset about playcalling but sticking to our identity got us this far. We just didnt execute on a handfull of plays. The formula works and with a full offseason of preparation I am looking forward to next year.GO HAWKS!

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Aros, that was an excellent post. I agree with everything, well said!

If you aren’t encouraged to believe the base this team has here going forward you are focusing the negative and fail to see the positives. I am looking forward to next season already and am excited to see what the offseason brings.

OP
OP
AROS

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
After watching all the post game interviews I am even more fired up for the 2019 season. This is a team that has BOUGHT IN and will fight for each other...To me, that was the main ingredient in 2013. Love your brother, play for your brother, give everything you have for your brother. I am seeing that same paradigm once again. That is why I am so optimistic for the next season and beyond.

John and Pete, those dudes seem to know what they are doing.

peppersjap

Reaction score
It might have been my favorite season! I loved the team they put out there this year. I loved the team last year but some of the players (mainly Bennett) were not people I could root for. It was a very fun year!

IndyHawk

Reaction score
Love this team and PC has done..
This however to me is not the ATL season..
That year we went further in the playoffs but
I get the comps to a point..A lot rides on moves.
GO HAWKS and the 12's!!!

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
It's a very good point. So many people just go in to "fire this guy" mode way too quickly. Sure, I didn't like the play calling on offense in this game. But, they went down to the wire, never gave up, won 10 games and had a playoff game. Before the season, no way in the world I would have expected them to win 10 games and be in the playoffs, unless everything went right.