2019 free agents

truehawksfan

Reaction score
I know a lot here are really pissed and rightfully so....but I wanted to fast forward to 2019

Here’s a list of Free Agents.

UFA
Earl Thomas
KJ Wright
Frank Clark
Justin Coleman
Shamar Stephen
Mike Kendricks
Dion Jordan
Mike Davis
JR Sweezy
D.J. Fluker
SeaBass
Mo Alexander
Brett Hundley

RFA
George Fant
JD McKissic
Tre Madden
Tyler Ott
Joey Hunt
Quenton Jefferson
Branden Jackson

ERFA
David Moore
Shalom Luani
Austin California
Akeem King

Looks like JS has a lot of work to do.

HawkSince87

Reaction score
truehawksfan":2oz9suqt said:
I know a lot here are really pissed and rightfully so....but I wanted to fast forward to 2019

UFA
Earl Thomas
KJ Wright
Frank Clark
Justin Coleman
Shamar Stephen
Mike Kendricks
Dion Jordan
Mike Davis
JR Sweezy
D.J. Fluker
SeaBass
Mo Alexander
Brett Hundley

RFA
George Fant
JD McKissic
Tre Madden
Tyler Ott
Joey Hunt
Quenton Jefferson
Branden Jackson

ERFA
David Moore
Shalom Luani
Austin California
Akeem King

I disagree, there’s not a ton of essentials on that list. KJ and Clarke are 1a and 1b, but beyond that we have some maneuvering ability with that list. There’s definitely some nice role players and depth playersthere but after KJ and Clarke I don’t see any “uh-oh’s”

seabowl

Reaction score
Davis Sweezy Fluke KJ and Clark. The rest are expendable.

Reaction score
Of those listed, I think the only ones who would be a loss would be Clark, Coleman, Sweezy, Fluker and Kendricks but even then, they're all replacable. I'd like to see Wright back too, if he was on a cheap deal, and I like Fant, Davis and Moore but they aren't too difficult to replace but should be able to bring back on the cheap.

If you're a team like the Colts, Vikings or another like that, you wouldn't be looking at that list, foaming at the mouth with excitement. The two best players on there are Clark, who isn't worth huge money, and Thomas, who has major injury concerns. I'd imagine we'll be fine to bring back the players we want to keep.

oldhawkfan

Reaction score
Of the UFAs I see Frank Clark and KJ Wright as must haves. I also see Fluker and Sweezy near the top of the list, mainly because there is nothing behind them. After them I would put Kendrick’s as someone who would be nice to have back. As long as he’s not behind bars. The Earl situation will be interesting to watch but I see virtually no way he comes back.

Wartooth

Reaction score
KJ missed pretty much the whole season with a degenerative knee injury he's been dealing with for the last 4 years.
Love the guy, but you don't resign aging players like that, you draft their replacements and move on.
Clark, Fluker, Sweezy, Coleman should be priorities, after that... Who knows?

Jville

Reaction score
truehawksfan":3j5s3wx4 said:

UFA
Earl Thomas
KJ Wright
Frank Clark
Justin Coleman
ERFA
David Moore
Shalom Luani
Austin California
Akeem King

Looks like jammerhawk has a lot of work to do as well.

HawkSince87

Reaction score
We will be seriously stacked next year considering we don’t have HUGE needs (other than the few listed) in resigning our own guys. We can hopefully draft well and fill some gaps in free agency.

With one more year under the belt of some of our younger players and another year of gelling by our line, we will be very scary next year.

OP
OP
T

truehawksfan

Reaction score
I also forgot to include Jordan Simmons.

I agree with everyone where I see a couple must sign free agents. But I would include Coleman and Fant to the list.

Coug_Hawk08

Reaction score
Very few must sign players this year. We are in a pretty good spot, assuming we have a solid draft.

OpHawk

Reaction score
Wartooth":1yg46vcm said:
KJ missed pretty much the whole season with a degenerative knee injury he's been dealing with for the last 4 years.
Love the guy, but you don't resign aging players like that, you draft their replacements and move on.

This.

Headscratching why people are labeling KJ as a must-have.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Jville":1fbeqy4t said:
truehawksfan":1fbeqy4t said:

UFA
Earl Thomas
KJ Wright
Frank Clark
Justin Coleman
ERFA
David Moore
Shalom Luani
Austin California
Akeem King

Looks like jammerhawk has a lot of work to do as well.

Lol!

TheLegendOfBoom

Reaction score
Frank fluke sweezy Coleman Jordan Fant Jefferson.

If we can get all short term and cheap other than Frank.

Frank is gonna get paid.

nategreat

Reaction score
OpHawk":1bphp8c5 said:
Wartooth":1bphp8c5 said:

This.

For me, it has more to do with keeping Bobby Wagner. KJ is great and has been for years, but has been hurt a lot lately. I heard an interview with Bobby a while back that sure made it sound like if KJ wasn't resigned, Bobby would likely be on his last contract here too. Of course that was in the beginning of the season, maybe things have changed. But this defense is not the same without Bobby, no question about it. He's the leader at this point, and the best MLB in the game- I'd hate to lose him.

A-Dog

Reaction score
Clark and Coleman are 1A and 1B.

Clark is a tough one. He's not on the level of Donald and Mack - he's (IMO) a couple of levels below them, but he'll likely get paid almost as much. Pro Bowl yes, potential HOF no. It's not a question of whether we want him back, it's a question of whether he's worth getting paid almost as much as the true greats, while only being very good. The good news is that there are a fair amount of potential replacements who are also free agents, and the draft is also rich in pass rushers. The bad news is even if we sign Clark, we still need to add a good edge rusher. If we don't sign him, we need two. Depending on how things go, the Franchise Tag could come in to play and IMO that wouldn't be a bad thing.

Coleman is almost the biggest must-have here. He's one of the best slot corners in the league, and he stepped up as a run defender this year - which is always going to be a challenge for him at his size.

Wright should not get a big contract - the degenerative injury at his age is just too risky. Kendricks would be a great replacement depending of course on his legal situation. The good news it that 4-3 WILL LB usually isn't an expensive position to replace because they don't need to be great pass rushers.

Fluker and Sweezy are not great players, they are just way better than the players behind them. Signing two average or better veteran guards should be a priority, but they don't have to be Fluker and Sweezy.

TheLegendOfBoom

Reaction score
nategreat":1sh72k5k said:
OpHawk":1sh72k5k said:
Wartooth":1sh72k5k said:

This.

For me, it has more to do with keeping Bobby Wagner. KJ is great and has been for years, but has been hurt a lot lately. I heard an interview with Bobby a while back that sure made it sound like if KJ wasn't resigned, Bobby would likely be on his last contract here too. Of course that was in the beginning of the season, maybe things have changed. But this defense is not the same without Bobby, no question about it. He's the leader at this point, and the best MLB in the game- I'd hate to lose him.
This would be very similar to the Kam ET and Sherm relationship.

Carroll has shown he wants to play younger cheap guys.

I believe the younger and cheap guys, maybe not as talented and definitely not already developed is the route they go.

OP
OP
T

truehawksfan

Reaction score
I think we have a good core of signed players on a Defense.

DLine
Reed, Poona, Jacob Martin, Naz Jones, Raheem Green.

LB
Bobby, Mingo, Griffin

DB
Flowers, Griffin, Thorpe, McDougald, Thompson, Hill.

Sign Clark, Coleman, Wright or Kendricks.
Draft or sign free agent -speed rusher, CB, run stopping DT, S and I think we’re in great shape.

TheLegendOfBoom

Reaction score
truehawksfan":1la1qmim said:
I think we have a good core of signed players on a Defense.

DLine
Reed, Poona, Jacob Martin, Naz Jones, Raheem Green.

LB
Bobby, Mingo, Griffin

DB
Flowers, Griffin, Thorpe, McDougald, Thompson, Hill.

Sign Clark, Coleman, Wright or Kendricks.
Draft or sign free agent -speed rusher, CB, run stopping DT, S and I think we’re in great shape.
Kendricks is probably going to the slammer. He isn't gonna be retained.

Hawkstorian

Reaction score
Doug Baldwin has a big cap number next year so that's something to keep an eye on.