Who stays and who goes?

nwHawk

Reaction score
You make the call. Some guys will be resigned and some will be replaced.

Unrestricted Free Agents:
Jadeveon Clowney,
Ziggy Ansah,
Mychal Kendricks,
George Fant,
Germain Ifedi,
Mike Iupati,
Al Woods,
Quinton Jefferson,
Josh Gordon,
Jaron Brown,
Akeem King,
Jarran Reed,
Neiko Thorpe,
Dekoda Watson,
Geno Smith,
Luke Willson and
C.J. Prosise

Restricted Free Agents
Joey Hunt (6th round),
Branden Jackson (UDFA),
Jacob Hollister (UDFA) and
David Moore (7th round).

I think Ifedi, Geno Smith, Joey Hunt, Jacob Hollister, and David Moore will be resigned. Clowney is a big wild card. Reed was largely solid but not as good as last year. The team may have to choose between one of those two players. The rest may be moving on. The team does need to add a bit more juice this offseason.

Source: https://www.fieldgulls.com/2020/1/1...n-clowney-fant-ifedi-kendricks-iupati-willson

Mistashoesta

Reaction score
Clowney, Fant, Jefferson, Reed, Hunt, Hollister. The rest can go.

chris98251

Reaction score
Jadeveon Clowney, - Sign him
Ziggy Ansah, - Sign him to a friendly deal, he was hurt almost all year would like to see how he plays healthy
Mychal Kendricks, - If it is cost effective bring him back, but use him in pass rush not coverage
George Fant, - He is going to test the market I think if we can resign I think it is important
Germain Ifedi, - Team Friendly only, not consistent enough.
Mike Iupati, - sadly he has been injury prone for a couple years let him go.
Al Woods, - Cheap deal he has been the run stopper
Quinton Jefferson, - Cheap deal and resign, he has had health problems but when healthy plays well
Josh Gordon, - Want him back, he elevated the offense and can take Browns spot and a better receiver
Jaron Brown, - Gordon negates him being back, Gordon blocks better plays better.
Akeem King, - Nice back up and pay him as such
Jarran Reed, - Would be nice to bring him back, he can't ask for a mint, he was not a guy that set himself apart
Neiko Thorpe, - Special teams guy
Dekoda Watson, - I think he can be let go and nobody would notice
Geno Smith, - I know he wants to start, if friendly bring him back, we have nobody else and he fits well
Luke Willson - He should know now that the grass isn't always greener and nobody went after him resign
C.J. Prosise - LOL the bags are packed and waiting when we got back from Green Bay

Restricted Free Agents
Joey Hunt (6th round), Sign he was very serviceable
Branden Jackson (UDFA), - He keeps making progress and we have nothing in the closet to replace him with
Jacob Hollister (UDFA) resign no question
David Moore (7th round) - He is a guy, friendly yes a resign

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
HELL no to Ifedi.

Even bottom tier RT's make 10M+. I'd rather sign Fant to a lower deal and let him play there, or draft a RT.

I'm so done with Ifedi and his false starts and whiffs.

iigakusei

Reaction score
Watch Ifedi get $15 million per year in free agency.

morgulon1

Reaction score
The sad thing is that the Seahawks aren't going to consult us, when we obviously know what were talking about :sarcasm_off:

I would say Ifedi has to go. He is an idiot.
Clowney- is going to want record breaking contract and I dont think he's the guy.
Hollister -did well even though he wasn't supposed to play as much as he did
Josh Gordon- might never play in the NFL again (sad)
Jaron Brown - nah never did much
Mike Iuapati- damn I wish this was 5 years earlier in his career.
Jaron Reed - see Clowney.
CJ Procise - I say let him walk so he can go to New England and have 1000 yds + 1000 yds ( injury free)

IMHO we have to get (2) defensive ends that can alter plays ,games and keep Al Woods or a player like him or heaven forbid maybe an upgrade like Malik McDowell :roll:

Concentrate and make this happen , we could win the SB. Provided we dont have a 4th and 5th string RB, and all the other injuries.

Oh yeah , a new strength and conditioning coach not the dildo they currently have.

Thepeelsessions

Reaction score
Hunt
Hollister
Jefferson
Smith

The rest, except maybe Gordon, are all replacement level.

I'm not saying yes or no on either Clowney or Reed without knowing what they're asking for. Neither is worth top dollar at their position.

kf3339

Reaction score
Stole the layout from Chris98251. Thanks!

Jadeveon Clowney, - Sign and remind him no state income tax, so maybe get a little cheaper than the market.
Ziggy Ansah, - I would only sign at veteran minimum with incentives for production: not just games played.
Mychal Kendricks, - It would have to be a team friendly deal. Barton played well and will grow next year.
George Fant, - He is too valuable to let go. Pay as a starter OT since he may be our long term LT going forward.
Germain Ifedi, - Let him test the FA market to determine value. If too high let walk. Fant can start here or a drafted
rookie.
Mike Iupati, - He is done.
Al Woods, - Team friendly deal for one year. Bet he wants to stay.
Quinton Jefferson, - I really want him to stay. He keeps improving every year.
Josh Gordon, - Yes please, but also get him some help. Perhaps have a vet mentor him on staying clean.
Jaron Brown, - Nope. Don't want or need. Rather draft a rookie if Gordon can't go.
Akeem King, - Back as depth. Pay as such.
Jarran Reed, - We need to save money somewhere, and I think he can be replaced. I would rather we put this
money on a FA DE with true production.
Neiko Thorpe, - Only if it's cheap enough. Not a difference maker.
Dekoda Watson, - No need.
Geno Smith, - He never saw the field in the regular season. Would have to be a team friendly deal.
Luke Willson - Re-sign to a Vet minimum deal. He will take it.
C.J. Prosise - Let him go. Can't stay healthy.

Restricted Free Agents
Joey Hunt (6th round), Original round tender. He is worth it as a backup and spot starter when needed.
Branden Jackson (UDFA), - Hard to say. I think we can do better.
Jacob Hollister (UDFA) He is well worth it. Re-sign to a fair contract for both sides.
David Moore (7th round) - Original round tender only.

We need a true pass rushing DT and another DE in FA. Also would help to get another quality IOL who isn't injury prone.

This thread didn't mention cuts, so assuming we will do this next????

HawkGA

Reaction score
I don't really see a reason to bring Smith back. Not sure what his minimum vet salary is, but guaranteed a rookie would be cheaper. Spend a 5th, 6th, or 7th rounder on a backup QB to develop on the cheap. Would actually like to see Jalen Hurts, but not sure how high he is projected to go.

Appyhawk

Reaction score
Ranch in Flint Hills of Kansas, formerly NW Montan
I liked the way chris did this, so I'll try my hand at it. :)

nwHawk":bd2taey2 said:
You make the call. Some guys will be resigned and some will be replaced.

Jadeveon Clowney, Priority sign!
Ziggy Ansah, I've seen enough.
Mychal Kendricks, only if he's cheap
George Fant, have to see the price range. If the shoe fits bring him back.
Germain Ifedi, I think the draft can do better.
Mike Iupati, no return on investment. draft
Al Woods, stud vs the run and even pressures. keep if we can
Quinton Jefferson, one of our best. keep if we can
Josh Gordon, call me crazy but I want this guy to work out. try him one more time.
Jaron Brown, good supporting reserve but lots of candy in the draft store.
Akeem King, not good enough
Jarran Reed, plugs the middle. Who is better for less?
Neiko Thorpe, decent reserve, good STer. price has to be right.
Dekoda Watson, I got nothing.
Geno Smith, Geno has the best job in the NFL. Make him keep it.
Luke Willson love the guy but we figure to have 3 deep depth above him.
C.J. Prosise Good player who can't play. Draft or FA

Restricted Free Agents
Joey Hunt (6th round), I've seen enough. draft or FA upgrade
Branden Jackson (UDFA), keeper
Jacob Hollister (UDFA) KEEPER
David Moore (7th round). Same as Brown. Draft or FA upgrade

Source: https://www.fieldgulls.com/2020/1/1...n-clowney-fant-ifedi-kendricks-iupati-willson

Kinger95

Reaction score
With ifeidi I don’t think it matters how cheap he is he’s just not reliable to know who he’s blocking and not take penalties. Ansah is too slow and unless he’s free I’d pass. Collier couldn’t be much worse than he was this year. Reed in my opinion isn’t gonna cost much after the year he just had. Woods and Jefferson need to be back for depth so hopefully cheap. Procise is not only injury prone but he’s bad, goodbye. Really need clowney as he’s a game breaker and our only pass rusher. He’s worth more to us than any other team. Get him some help in FA on the other side. Really we need help everywhere except kicker, punter and QB. Honestly I’m more optimistic about our RB situation than most as Carson should be back healthy, homer was good and in limited touches was great. Penny will be back later in season probably and heck Lynch might wanna do the exact same thing as this year again so no need to draft someone

flmmkrz

Reaction score
I wanna play too

Jadeveon Clowney, A near must sign, but if he starts costing the same as Mack common sense may have to prevail
Ziggy Ansah, unless he signs the vet min, with some possible incentives see ya
Mychal Kendricks time to let the young bucks play
George Fant, should still be cheap, bring him back
Germain Ifedi no need to tie up capital here, draft his replacement.
Mike Iupati, his best days are behind him and he can't stay on field, cya
Al Woods, should still be a low cost keeper, bring him back
Quinton Jefferson, I would rather prioritize a big fish, let Green/Collier divvy up his time but for the right $$$ why not
Josh Gordon, if the league lets him play, bring back, he'll be cheap and he seems a good team guy just has demons.
Jaron Brown, bye
Akeem King, cheap back up
Jarran Reed, want him back but if he gets offers like hes a 10 sack guy then you may have to let him walk
Neiko Thorpe, hes cheap why not
Dekoda Watson, who
Geno Smith, on a team friendly deal sure
Luke Willson on a vet min why not, good team guy
C.J. Prosise gtfo

Restricted Free Agents
Joey Hunt (6th round), earned his right to be a back up
Branden Jackson (UDFA), bring em back
Jacob Hollister (UDFA) bring em back
David Moore (7th round). as a 4th or 5th option I like him over Turner and Brown so why not

TheLegendOfBoom

Reaction score
XxxZagnutxxX":1p572otx said:
Seahwkgal":1p572otx said:
Mistashoesta":1p572otx said:
^^This.

I agree. I'd also add in Gordon if they ever let him play again.
Agreed with the adding of Gordon.

Clowney should get a reasonable contract that helps the team as well.

Not sure how much that is but the team needs to get help with proven defensive vets added to this team, starting with the pass rush!

OP
OP
nwHawk

nwHawk

Reaction score
If keeping Hunt, I would cut Britt. Dikk moves but it needs to happen. I hope Clowney is resigned, but heck you never know. Ifedi, reliability is key. Is he great, no, but our oline has a lot of holes. Fill, then replace...

Tusc2000

Reaction score
Mistashoesta":1z9l2kk9 said:

Pretty much. I would also try and keep Josh Gordon, and Luke if the price is right. Kendricks is iffy, I don't know that we have anyone better.

Reaction score
I'd like most of them to stay but it depends on the deals that can be done. Clowney and Reed are the two obvious potential big money signings that I'd be happy with, but probably only at less money than the pair could get elsewhere. The person I'd probably like to stay the most would be Josh Gordon, I'd love to see him hang around with the Seahawks and I think his absence was really significant going into the playoffs, but he'd be cheap and still has lots of potential so whilst it's a risk, I want him back in Seattle. Hollister, Jackson, Woods and Jefferson would all be nice but it just depends on how much they're going to cost.

The big issue here is the offensive line because I don't think Iupati can be relied upon, sadly, and only deserves a low offer. Ifedi has improved this year yet is still unreliable, so whilst I wouldn't mind him staying, I think other teams will want to pay him more than we should.